RttPtt

Confused about life purpose and hobbies

5 posts in this topic

Hey everyone! I've been wondering about this for a couple of weeks now, I can't remember if LP course had any segment on it; how do hobbies and your life purpose go together?

I'm going to use my situation as an example.

I'm 17yo at the moment. Finished the LP course about 6 months ago and I am clear about my life purpose as an architect, a perfect fit for me. I do my best to practice it every day, even though most of my time is spent on schoolwork. I also started playing guitar couple of weeks ago, and I'm really liking it. I've found it to be a great way to relax for a bit, and the mastery process feels exciting. Now.. I'm seriously considering replacing going to the gym with jiu-jitsu, thinking it is a better way to stay fit, gain confidence, and meet new people. That would probably take up more time than gym because the schedule is not flexible and it is more competitive. 

After all of that most of my time would be divided in to school, jiu-jitsu, architecture (broad skillset; practicing visual arts, marketing, building structure etc.), and guitar. 

My worry is that I'm dividing my attention in to too many things, and that I will start losing focus on my life purpose. Should one hone down on hobbies and laser focus on LP, giving the career a really strong start, or toy around a bit and explore new hobbies even though the life purpose is clear? I'm obviously lacking life experience, so would spreading my time in to multiple things benefit me more? Both ways have their pros and cons, and there probably is a lot more to this than I am seeing. Feeling quite conflicted about this.

I would love to hear your thoughts.

I would work to build your life around activities that you enjoy. Your life purpose will be one of them. Finding activities that you can challenge yourself, be creative, and work on ever increasing challenges is a good way to enjoy life. I don't think it is really one thing or the other. I think you should full your life with as many things that you enjoy and what brings you the most happiness. 

Life purpose is not just about chaining yourself to a ball and never doing anything else you would enjoy. To be fair you have the opposite problem of most people. Most spend their time watching TV and crap like that. 

Mastery in general is something that makes life enjoyable all around. You don't have to be only mastering one specific thing. All of life is one mastery project. Honing in on a couple thing swill help a lot though. 

See when you watch videos of gurus or actualized talking about consciousness and everything it stems from the ability to be in touch with enlightenment. Every bit of your experience of life comes from within, gurus/others has realised how to create ecstasy, blissfullness... It is not something you can learn rather it is just an awakening to something really obvious and easy that very few have mastered. It is only hard because, yeah you should know that.

So then you might ask, why do anything then? Why not just sit blissful by yourself forever. You could do that. Or you can involve yourself in the world. Any involvement in the world, if it is brushing your teeth or something more impactful is what life purpose is about. 

If you had awakened or only were life sensitive which will take a lot of time for you based on your kind of mindset you have right now, then it is quite simple. This means if you see someone suffering and you can do something about it, your whole being will do all it can to do just that, effortlessly if you have worked upon your mind. Doesn't it take a lot of action in your mind not to do what is needed around you? See if you can become aware of that. So I would suggest you look at the world, not in a textbook but out there, you don't think a single though about what you want to do or what seems needed etc, you don't try to look at the world, you just look, you don't try to do anything in your mind. You also don't try not to do anything, you just let consciousness do its thing . if you manage to do this correctly (which you won't) you will realise. Though your life purpose will probably not be a specific job, the career will be based on where you feel like you can use the most out of your full potential. This is thought really complicated when you don't know the basis of life and in how extravagant ways it can express itself if done correctly. This is why you need to learn about life. 

I am trying to confuse you, because how could you get things which is not yet in your experience. And that's why you will have silly ideas about what I am writing about lt, about your life purpose...

I would hold off with life purpose untill awakening. If you are in a hurry, you pick a career where there is enough freedom so that it will be an conducive atmosphere for your potential future lifestyle. Gurus don't do things because things give pleasure to them, because it cannot compare to the ecstasy they can create for themselves. Gurus often give their lives to the people, it is very beautiful. You are happy, you see a sad man in front of you, you want to also make him same happy even if that means you won't be in ecstasy anymore to do that. When he is same happy then the world is done and you can leave this place which we call life. Now that is the kind of life purpose gurus have, they serve the people untill the last moments, never was the goal fulfilled, but they did their best. They didn't think to themselves I will do what is needed or I will serve the world to my best capability. They just went out in the world and naturally there was things that their life was going into. If you find a way for survival- to make money, while being able to let consciousness do its thing like a guru, then that would be good for you. Still any workplace will limit you in some way, so choose a place of future accordingly.

Personally I who have awakened am saving money to take some years letting my consciousness choose a lifestyle. Whether that will sustain me economically or if I'll have to get a job I don't know. Sadhguru is a good guru, learn about buddha, chakras, shiva etc and maybe you will get a lot lf insight for your future choices that you have in front of you right now. 

Edited by Leo Nordin

Welcome to the forum! :ph34r:

Does your life purpose feel transcendental? I ask because a life purpose is something grandeur beyond the human, even if it appears ordinary on the outside. Essentially, it is your life's work as if your entire lifetime was to be wadded into a cohesive chronicle. Life = Expression = Your Life Purpose. I apologize for doubting you. 

If so, fear not of losing focus. There are times of turbulence, but your passion is what carries you through. Simply bask in that transcendence, in the genius expression of yours. I can absolutely recommend 30 minutes of shamanic breathing every night. It will truly filter your judgement and unshackle you from the unnecessary. Quite frankly, hobbies are awesome! -- yet a life purpose puts decades of work on the table alone. And this work is your ultimate beloved expression.

Edited by SirVladimir