Lyubov

Cyberpunk 2077

65 posts in this topic

Cyberpunk is one giant fetishinazion about California leaving the USA 

drops mic ? 

You have been gifted the Golden Kappa~! 

7 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

@Soulbass Cyberpunk is a beautiful world. Too bad they didn't do that beauty justice with their rushed corpo release. This game clearly needed 1 more full year of development. Then it would have been a 9 or 10 out of 10 and sold 40 million copies.

I'm guessing they will lose 10 million copies of sales with their bad PR over the game's full lifecycle. Stupid management mistake.

Even worse when you realize that some poor shmucks spent 7 - 8 years of their life working on this game while it was in development hell, only to have eight years of work squandered to some degree by management pushing to release the game before it was ready, and insisting that the game be squeezed down to a barely functional shell for older console hardware.

Edited by DocWatts

I'm writing a philosophy book! Check it out at : https://7provtruths.org/

5 hours ago, DocWatts said:

Even worse when you realize that some poor shmucks spent 7 - 8 years of their life working on this game while it was in development hell, only to have eight years of work squandered to some degree by management pushing to release the game before it was ready, and insisting that the game be squeezed down to a barely functional shell for older console hardware.

Of course.

Which is why I left the AAA game industry before I barely got started.

It is soulless slave labor. Only an unconscious fool would work like that.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

27 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Of course.

I really hope the push for Unionization in the games Industry continues to gain momentum. Working for these companies needs to be redefined as a reciprocal relationship, rather than a privilege, and that's going to be hard to do if there's twenty people fresh out of school ready to take your place if you cause too much of a ruckus. Maybe the loss of talented people to other industries due to burnout and poor working conditions will be a catalyst for change.

Working conditions are of course much better on the Indie Studio side of the business, but that's generally going to be true of any business that operates with more of a Green mentality. One hopeful aspect of the way the games Industry is structured, is that smaller places have a much more realistic chance of competing against these monolithic companies, or at least carving out a market space and surviving, than in most other Industries. 

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Of course.

It's a bit of a pity though cause there are tons of aspiring game developers that would completely destroy themselves working 6 days (12 hour shifts) a week in some highly prestigious studio doing crunch time work. Since the studio is so prestigious the brass at the top knows they can replace anyone that speaks out about their shitty working conditions and thus replace a cog in the machine with fresh meat. This is an all too common trap. Seems like there are few huge studios that genuinely try to build a long lasting family of sorts and don't push their staff to breaking points. Valve is one of the few I can name. It then takes Valve ages to make games though. I think people overlook the toxic orange habits actually required to make a huge AAA game on a timely basis. It's not possible to produce some of these massive games in a few years without overworking the team.

Edited by Lyubov

16 minutes ago, Lyubov said:

https://www.npr.org/2020/12/22/948827323/in-cyberpunk-2077-the-only-truly-punk-move-is-not-to-play

NPR has released a scathing review calling out the hypocrisy of the anti corporation story of this game and the fiasco of this game's launch  xD

As a fan of the cyberpunk sub-genre of science fiction, the irony of Corpos defanging and commodifying something that started off as a cautionary tale about the alienation and destruction that results from unrestrained Capitalism, isn't lost on me. xD

Edited by DocWatts

4 hours ago, DocWatts said:

Maybe the loss of talented people to other industries due to burnout and poor working conditions will be a catalyst for change.

Unfortunately not -- because there are many eager young fools waiting to take their place.

Game studios abuse eager young developers who don't know any better.

But also, the reality is that game development is extremely difficult. More difficult than making movies. A movie is easy to make compared to a game. It's extremely easy to fall into the trap of biting off more than your team can chew. Which is exactly what Cyberpunk did.

Everything in game development takes longer than you imagine, even if you plan for it taking longer, it will still take longer than anything you plan. It is a minor miracle whenever a game gets published at all.

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

Unfortunately not -- because there are many eager young fools waiting to take their place.

Game studios abuse eager young developers who don't know any better.

But also, the reality is that game development is extremely difficult. More difficult than making movies. A movie is easy to make compared to a game. It's extremely easy to fall into the trap of biting off more than your team can chew. Which is exactly what Cyberpunk did.

Everything in game development takes longer than you imagine, even if you plan for it taking longer, it will still take longer than anything you plan. It is a minor miracle whenever a game gets published at all.

@Leo Gura Do you think there is a chance that big corps (FAANG companies and so worth) can work for anyone serious at all? Life-purpose wise

5 hours ago, Soulbass said:

@Leo Gura is your brother working in the industry?

No

On 12/22/2020 at 7:06 PM, Fadl said:

I prefer tetris.

My favorite game of all times is the sophisticated Space Invaders 

???

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

On 12/22/2020 at 4:28 PM, Lyubov said:

https://www.npr.org/2020/12/22/948827323/in-cyberpunk-2077-the-only-truly-punk-move-is-not-to-play

NPR has released a scathing review calling out the hypocrisy of the anti corporation story of this game and the fiasco of this game's launch  xD

Good review ?

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?

A few beloved games:

Super Monkey ball 1

Portal 2

Mario Galaxy 2

Mario 3 

Mario 64

Last of us

Pikmin series

Ocarina of time

F-zero GX

Defender - original arcade

Ico, shadow of the colossus 

Misunderstood, underrated but phenomenal games: 

The last guardian

Wave race: blue storm

Edited by Mips

Well after playing for like 10 or so hours on PC my opinion is;  Damn, what a missed opportunity.

The graphics, music, characters are all phenomenal.  It's just so damn sloppy in terms of gameplay, every aspect of it.  Fundamentally it's a very generic shooter, with some added elements.  I usually opt for stealth and only use hacking to turn off cameras.  Guns are poorly balanced, I got a very powerful sniper rifle close to the beginning of the game that is too powerful.  I'm playing on hard and the game is very easy.  I have endless healing, powerful weapons, and I rarely have issues.  I have died a handful of times, usually when I make a mistake or the game decides that the enemy can see through cover and my stealth approach doesn't work.  

Really a shame, they had something potentially very special.  It needed to be cleaned up, more enemy variety, and more interesting combat elements.  

After sinking 10 or 15 hours into Disco Elysium, I'd highly recommend it as an alternative for any looking for an RPG that has superb writing and characters, an incredibly well realized world, with highly novel and unique role playing mechanics derived from pen and paper role playing systems. Only caveat is if you're put off by a lot of reading, as the game is in some ways almost akin to an interactive novel.

23 hours ago, Mips said:

Super Monkey ball 1

Forgot about Monkey Ball.

Good stuff

I liked the games from LucasArts

Monkey Island

Full Throttle 

Grim Fandango

?