Lyubov

Cyberpunk 2077

65 posts in this topic

Apparently it plays well on Stadia...

Edited by Arzola

7 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Just like Bladerunner, the visuals are cool but the movie itself sucks. All surface, no depths.

How dare you say that.  The final cut is very good and one of my favorite movies.  :D

2 minutes ago, Heart of Space said:

How dare you say that.  The final cut is very good and one of my favorite movies.  :D

Same! I can understand not liking Blade Runner, similar to how one might have good reasons for not liking Citizen Kane, but to argue that either movie is devoid of depth comes across as not really being well versed in films as an artform.

I'm writing a philosophy book! Check it out at : https://7provtruths.org/

Just now, DocWatts said:

Same! I can understand not liking Blade Runner, similar to how one might have good reasons for not liking Citizen Kane, but to argue that either movie is devoid of depth comes across as not really being well versed in films as an artform.

Lol, ya man, I'm a huge fan of that film.  I will say my first viewing was the final cut which I do think is far superior to the original.  The original had that cheesy narration and goofy happy ending that the suits in the boardroom tacked on because they thought the dark ending wasn't "audience friendly."  

8 minutes ago, Heart of Space said:

Lol, ya man, I'm a huge fan of that film.  I will say my first viewing was the final cut which I do think is far superior to the original.  The original had that cheesy narration and goofy happy ending that the suits in the boardroom tacked on because they thought the dark ending wasn't "audience friendly."  

Yeah the original cut is one of the most infamous cases in all of cinema of executive meddling being detrimental to an otherwise great film. I'm just glad that a cut closer to the original vision was eventually released. 

Also the stylistic aspects that Leo mentioned aren't there just to be eye catching or cool, they're deliberately used for a number of symbolic and thematic purposes that tie directly in to the ideas the movie is trying to convey.

2 hours ago, Heart of Space said:

Bladerunner is the most overrated movie of all time. Its story is garbage. Its characters are garbage.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

25 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Bladerunner is the most overrated movie of all time. Its story is garbage. Its characters are garbage.

Well that's a Bold Statement. Sorry nothing in the movie resonated with you at all, aside from maybe the visuals. I think you'll find a lot of people disagree with you on that, and find the film to be both incredibly well made and emotionally moving. 

I guess maybe I get it though, I suppose I could probably think of an example or two of a film that's very highly regarded that just didn't click with me on a subjective level. David Lynch's films come to mind...

Edited by DocWatts

37 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

I am so offended by this opinion.  :P

Edited by Heart of Space

Woah hot movie take from Leo. xD

Tbh I enjoyed Blade Runner 2049 more than the original by quite a large margin.

58 minutes ago, DocWatts said:

David Lynch's films come to mind...

He's actually probably my favorite filmmaker. I find deep spiritual profundity in his work, which only grows deeper when I rewatch them. But it's certainly not hard to see why he can be radically displeasing for the majority of people. 

Edited by eggopm3

52 minutes ago, eggopm3 said:

Woah hot movie take from Leo. xD

Tbh I enjoyed Blade Runner 2049 more than the original by quite a large margin.

He's actually probably my favorite filmmaker. I find deep spiritual profundity in his work, which only grows deeper when I rewatch them. But it's certainly not hard to see why he can be radically displeasing for the majority of people. 

I wholeheartedly agree with Blade Runner 2049 being an improvement on the original.

As for David Lynch, I can absolutely see the glimpses of the brilliance that goes in to his films, thing is though they're just kind of unpleasant to watch.  Never felt more uncomfortable watching a movie than I did for Eraserhead and Blue Velvet. And the less said about his Dune adaptation, the better (seems like a really odd choice for that particular movie).

Won't begrudge anyone who doesn't have that hangup and loves his films though, and I suppose it's possible that those two examples aren't necessarily representative of his whole filmography.

Edited by DocWatts

I watched Radbrat play it but didn't like what I saw. The combat does not feel alright, the fights are all the same, you try to hack stuff and if it doesn't work you are shooting everyone with guns that suck so you have to waste a whole magazine on a single dude. The graphics and motion capture are insane but the playability seems to suck. 

If you want an intricate shooter with a deep story that will bring you to tears as the story evolves try Metro Exodus. I was never a fan of the Metro series but this one was wonderful. The playability is the best I've seen in a shooter. Beautiful graphics, detailed environment, amazing combat experience that feels very natural and organic. 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

11 hours ago, DocWatts said:

As for David Lynch, I can absolutely see the glimpses of the brilliance that goes in to his films, thing is though they're just kind of unpleasant to watch.  Never felt more uncomfortable watching a movie than I did for Eraserhead and Blue Velvet. And the less said about his Dune adaptation, the better (seems like a really odd choice for that particular movie).

Nobody makes a mindfuck quite like a David Lynch mindfuck. I love how he juxtaposes disturbing and beautiful elements, which creates an extreme dissonance that you can't find anywhere else (though some people might not want to find it anywhere at all in the first place! :P). And I love how he is committed to pure creativity with zero consideration given to making his work accessible or dumbing down his ideas for the audience.

I certainly wont defend his version of Dune. His worst film by a large margin. Even Lynch himself has disowned that one! But I would recommend his film The Straight Story, even a Lynch hater would like that one. It's a gentle charming story with zero disturbing moments whatsoever. One of the most heartwarming films I've ever seen. I get tears everytime with that one.

2 hours ago, Michael569 said:

If you want an intricate shooter with a deep story that will bring you to tears as the story evolves try Metro Exodus. I was never a fan of the Metro series but this one was wonderful. The playability is the best I've seen in a shooter. Beautiful graphics, detailed environment, amazing combat experience that feels very natural and organic.

Agreed.

Cyberpunk was just another contemporary shooter with just another appearance.

Life Purpose journey

Presence. Goodness. Grace. Love.

Lynch is awesome, wish I can watch his films in a house that looks just like his movies... (y'know, empty and lots of spaces and not much light) :P

"We are like the spider. We weave our life and then move along in it. We are like the dreamer who dreams and then lives in the dream. This is true for the entire universe."

-- The Upanishads

Encyclopedia

SomeOrdinaryGamers had a great video on it if anyone is interested. It plays well through Linux and fixes some of the frame rate issues. I'm sure the developers themselves were trying to make a game that was athestetically pleasing along with the Deus Ex style story. Management was just too orange for all them green ideas for the game the devs had. One day, if we could make management less orange, we'd have some amazing games in our hands. 

Seems like it is a glitchy mess. I love it when an over-hyped game is a total disaster.

Edited by Dryas

@Soulbass Cyberpunk is a beautiful world. Too bad they didn't do that beauty justice with their rushed corpo release. This game clearly needed 1 more full year of development. Then it would have been a 9 or 10 out of 10 and sold 40 million copies.

I'm guessing they will lose 10 million copies of sales with their bad PR over the game's full lifecycle. Stupid management mistake.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.