Lyubov

Cyberpunk 2077

65 posts in this topic

I only watch people play it ?

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

I hear the game is kind of a buggy, unstable mess on PC at this time, due to it being rushed to meet its launch deadline. Will probably check back in a few weeks once the game has received some patches.

I'm writing a philosophy book! Check it out at : https://7provtruths.org/

I am still afraid of it, its too big :S
its going to eat me alive.

12 hours ago, Carl-Richard said:

I only watch people play it ?

I like xQc. Who is a favorite of yours?

3 hours ago, Forestluv said:

I like xQc. Who is a favorite of yours?

xQc is up there, but I tend to mostly watch smaller streamers from the Oldschool RuneScape section xD. I watch a lot of Trainwreckstv's Scuffed Podcast because it's hilarious.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

Is this really the right place to have this kind of discussion? Plenty of other more relevant forums online where you can talk about Cyberpunk.

"Find what you love and let it kill you." - Charles Bukowski

@Space I see what you mean. I would say that if we come at it from the perspective of how Cyberpunk is overall a positive in the issue of Trans-rights and progressive ideas then it would be a bit more fitting. 

@Forestluv xQc is fun to watch, Shroud is someone I like too ;) 

In the depths of winter,
I finally learned that within me 
there lay an invincible summer.

- Albert Camus

I'm playing the game, but I think the game is way too over-hyped. The main story is not much better than the first watchdogs game I played years ago.

If I had quiet neighbours and wouldn't need money to moove (again) to a different appartement in hope that It would finally be nice and quied.. I'd play the living shit out of it, the last thing I played was skyrim

Edited by meow_meow

I think Cyberpunk is interesting because it's yet again an example of unhealthy Stage Orange corporatism infesting good game design.

When that "gameplay" trailer dropped last year (the one where the player saves the girl from the bathtub), I was thinking the whole time "this is fake, this is edited, the real game will look nothing like this", and it turns out I was right, lol. This is such blatant false advertising that for some reason gamers put up with and even accept as normal. If it were any other product (health products, cars, appliances, etc.) saying they can do stuff that they can't, people would be outraged, but because it's "just games" people don't seem to care despite how illegal the practice is.

As a general rule of a thumb, if a game has either (a) been delayed numerous times or (b) has trailers that look "too good to be true", then odds are the end product will be shoddy and a buggy mess, no matter how many good reviews it gets.

If you want to play big budget games, make sure their production process isn't full of controversy, and don't take what trailers and reviewers say at face value. Wait a little while after it comes out and see what the actual players are saying, and make a decision then. There are still good games being developed but you wan't be able to tell them based on hype / marketing / "reviews" (really just paid advertisments) say :P

“All you need is Love” - John Lennon

10 hours ago, Apparition of Jack said:

the real game will look nothing like this"

Cyberpunk's visuals are better than their trailers and demos, on high end PC.

You can find comparision videos of it on YT.

They overdelivered on visuals. Unfortunatwlely the rest of the game seems to suck. They tried to make the cool visuals and theme carry the whole game, and of course that will not fly.

Just like Bladerunner, the visuals are cool but the movie itself sucks. All surface, no depths.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

Just like Bladerunner, the visuals are cool but the movie itself sucks. All surface, no depths.

Heresy! I think I might disagree more passionately when it comes to subjective tastes in Cinema than for epistemology or politics  :P

Though I'll concede that Blade Runner 2049 built upon the foundation that the Blade Runner built, and used that to make an arguably better movie. 

Getting back to Cyberpunk, a normal game development cycle for a AAA game is 3 - 4 years. No game spends 8 years in development without having major issues. Glad the CDPR devs aren't getting completely screwed out of thier Bonuses at least, I can't imagine anyone who's poured years of thier lives into the game is happy about the state the game launched at, due to rushing to meet a deadline and an ill advised attempt to squeeze the game onto 7 year old console hardware.

Edited by DocWatts

I wasn't really blown away by the gameplay I was seeing. I am probably going to stick with Deus Ex 2000. 

Just now, Average Investor said:

I wasn't really blown away by the gameplay I was seeing. I am probably going to stick with Deus Ex 2000. 

If you haven't played it already, I'd also recommend 2011 Deus Ex Human Revolution as a very good modernization that stays true to the spirit of the original.

@DocWatts This one right now just gives me some great nostalgia. Surprisingly holds up very well in 2020. I will have to check that out sometime if I am looking for some more. 

4 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Cyberpunk's visuals are better than their trailers and demos, on high end PC.

You can find comparision videos of it on YT.

They overdelivered on visuals. Unfortunatwlely the rest of the game seems to suck. They tried to make the cool visuals and theme carry the whole game, and of course that will not fly.

Apparently the game is incredibly buggy and causing brickings of PS4/PS5s that Sony actually pulled Cyberpunk off the online store and is issuing refunds. O.o  I don't think that has ever been done before.  It was definitely rushed.