longusername12345

WTF DO I DO WITH MY LIFE

28 posts in this topic

On 12/9/2020 at 9:04 PM, SourceCodo said:

Lucid dreaming expert would be cool. Just a springboard. 

Holy fuck dude that's perfect hahahaha. I should add lucid dreaming/astral travel to my habits for sure.

On 12/9/2020 at 8:44 PM, AlphaAbundance said:

Problem:

• Not knowing life purpose, lack of clarity on what you truly want in life, what to do in life

Topics:

• Life Purpose, Passion
  • Meaning, Purpose, Value
  • Time Management
  • Theory Vs. Practice, Balancing It

Suggestions / Solutions:

• Consider the perspective (helpful framing) of life as different categories, shades, areas, domains
    • For Example:
      • Spirituality / Psychology
      • Health/Body
      • Purpose/Passion (I.E Life Purpose)
      • Finances/Cashflow
      • Productivity/Time Management/Efficiency
      • Success/Career/Academics
      • Social/Relationships
        • Romance/Sex
        • Friends/Bonds
        • Family
        • Network/Other
      • Activities/Hobbies/Lifestyle/Fun
    • These are not strict categories, in fact, you can make them however you want, and they often overlap (especially with the earlier ones, I mentioned like Spirituality/Psychology, this pretty much hits every other domain at its core).
      • You can also tier domains by their importance and prevalence.
      • These are by no means equivalent domains, but just different "shades" for looking at life.
      • There are other ways of categorizing life such as Maslow's Hierarchy, or a list of needs, etc.
      • However, these categorizations, compartmentalization of life offer clarity on a lot, including the different goals, agendas, endeavors you can pursue.
    • From this, we can garner that the different goals you speak of, can be seen as in different categories (or endeavors) in life. Based on what you talked about, these are the main categories for those goals (even though they can affect all areas of life, as life may not really be confined to these imagined categorizations)
      • Meditation, Enlightenment
        • ---> Spirituality / Psychology, Life Purpose (Possibly)
      • YouTube Channel
        • ----> Life Purpose (Possibly),  Sucess/Career/Academics (Possibly)Activities/Hobbies,
      • Become real-life Socrates
        • ----> Spirituality / Psychology, Mainly a mindset/goal/ideal/philosophy that goes throughout all areas
      • Get Fit
        • ----> Health/Body
      • Be Happy
        • ----> Spirituality / Psychology, Mainly a goal/ideal that goes throughout all areas
      • Spread Love
        • ----> Spirituality / Psychology, Life Purpose, Social/Relationships, Mainly a goal/ideal that goes throughout all areas
      • Completely Understand Reality
        • -----> Spirituality / Psychology, Mainly a goal/ideal that goes throughout all areas
      • Embody Love
        • -----> Spirituality / Psychology, Life Purpose, Mainly a goal/ideal that goes throughout all areas
      • Have mind-blowing sex
        • ----> Romance/Sex
      • Parkour/Free Running
        • ----> Life Purpose (Possibly), Activities/Hobbies
    • Therefore, from this, we can understand that most of these are not necessarily zero-sum (take one or the other) options but different endeavors that you can pursue congruently
      • You can, and maybe should pursue all these endeavors (maybe even simultaneously, although that may not be recommended), however, the main area where you really have to make a choice is life purpose
        • So you can have mind-blowing sex, be fit, aim to completely understand reality (in those categories of life) while pursuing a life purpose (in its own category of life)
      • You can consider the goal of maximizing all these life areas
        • Which for life purpose, could mean finding out what it is, and pursuing it for the (1 hour+ a day or whatever like you mentioned)
      • (You may have already understood all that, but I say it just to lay the groundwork/foundation and just in case
  • Do whatever you want
    • Unless you have your basic needs met, there is really no rush to getting to life purpose, if you don't feel the desire to have a life purpose, you don't necessarily have to force yourself
      • You can just do whatever you want, while
        • Being aware of the "best" / "ideal" / "end" path (which appears to be having a life purpose)
        • Not following your desires off a cliff (like doing hardcore drugs like heroin)
      • It appears, that eventually, you will satisfy your earlier / "lower" desires (such as the bottom/mid-tier of Maslow's Hierarchy of needs) and then desire life purpose naturally
        • If you are already here or want to go ahead with life purpose anyway (again doing whatever you want), that's fine as well
  • Pursue Development + Needs
    • You can also consider pursuing the development/growth (through Spiral Dynamics, Ego Development, Integral Theory, etc.) as this seems to be what you will end up doing anyway, just at a less efficient pace
    • Further, you can consider pursuing all Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs (or various psychological needs), just like look at different lists and aim for the ones you think are unmet or want to strengthen/fulfill (but generally this is aligned with following your desires, as you generally would feel desire for whatever need that is unmet)
  • Become Financially Free
    • This is simple
      • Financial Freedom = Time + Material/Ressource Freedom
        • Now you can do whatever you want
        • And can get (within a price range) whatever you want
      • It's basically a net benefit for every area of life
    • Achieving this is a great launchpad and a huge asset (possibly even a necessity, at least for some) to living a good life
  • Self-Experimentation
    • In terms of life purpose (or really figuring out what to do with your life in general or anything)
      • Anything before experience (meaning everything I talked about above) is just imagination/thoughts/beliefs/ideas and really serve as predictions
    • This means you want to actually go out and experiment / explore these various options
      • Experiment w/ the options I gave above (such as following your desires, pursuing development + needs, etc., maybe even multiple at one time)
      • Experiment w/ different life purpose options
        • For example:
          • Make a list of what you think maybe your life purpose, and devote a set time every day (like an hour for anywhere from a week to a month), to gain some first-hand experience on whether its actually want you to want to do with your life
    • The most important thing is:
      •  You got to take action
    • You're not going to figure out your life purpose, or what to do through pure thought and research (At best you will get a solid prediction)
      • Think about it, you have probably been doing research, thinking, theorizing so far, where has research/theory gotten you?
      • Although some healthy research, study, thinking, and contemplation beforehand, won't hurt ----> you've already done that
        • The time to take action is NOW

Let me know if this does or does not solve this issue or give you a game plan for solving this issue or if there are any further issues

Holy fuck dude, this is great! Your ideas have been very helpful for giving me a conceptual model of what to do with my life.

Would it be ideal to do a certain amount of work in each of the categories every day?

Also where to I find good lists of the hierarchy of needs?

The do whatever you want and become financially free things were what I needed most because I tend to half-ass both of those areas haha.

I've already started taken action, thank you!

This also helped me realize that one of my biggest struggles isn't what I want to do but what the perfect career for me would be. I think this problem basically stems from my lack of interest in basic soul-sucking jobs and a lack of access to a list of unorthodox careers that would fullfill me. Any ideas for that?

On 12/10/2020 at 10:14 AM, Tim Ho said:

@longusername12345 Forget all fancy advices that you don't understand.  How about:

- Getting some books and read them.   

- Set up some small goals for each day, a bigger goal for week.  A goal can be simple as push ups 3 times a week...  increasing the number. It is ok if you fail to meet the goals.   The key is not to make the goals but to understand why we failed those goals.  

Perfect, I've already done that. Now what? Increase the level of intensity of my goals?

On 12/10/2020 at 8:52 PM, juvoci said:

You mentioned writing as a passion. Starting a blog is a great place to start. Write about all the things you love; that can be movies, politics, whatever. If you like speaking, start a vlog too, and post those videos on YouTube and on your blog.

Don't worry about if anyone reads or watches the content. If you're unsure what direction to go in, seeking the approval of others is just a distraction. The exercise of a blog vlog is a self-discovery exercise. Through the creation of these writings and videos, you'll learn a lot about yourself.

Now, you might ask: "Why not just write in a private journal or keep the videos on my iCloud?" Because, in my opinion, making the content public is very important. Why? Because someone might read / watch it. It keeps you honest. It makes the process more real.

Hiding from the world is a terrible idea if your goal is self-growth and maturation as a human being. Many people marinate in their own private echo-chambers and expect to grow. Incorrect. This is a feedback loop which will often lead to delusion. Instead, interact with the world at large (thank god for the internet). This creates real and quality feedback.

Excellent idea, I'll get started on that today.

On 12/10/2020 at 10:33 AM, Nahm said:

@longusername12345

Trying to do this in self referential thinking, or ‘in your head’ is probably impossible. Making a Dreamboard turns this seemingly complicated thing into a board full of what you like, love, want to experience etc, in front of you. Completely different experience & vantage point. I would begin this, and take Leo’s LP course asap. What makes it otherwise difficult, is creating the life you want is already underway, and no one call tell you what your life purpose, or most ideal life to create is. With the dreamboard, day by day it becomes most obvious. 

How does one create a dreamboard?

5 hours ago, Nahm said:

@longusername12345

A piece of chalk and a wall would suffice, but I’d get a dry erase board like this on wheels and plant it in the center of your living space. Then, write anything you want to do, have, experience, etc on it. 

Oh awesome! What do you mean the center of my living space? The center of my house? The center of my living room? The center of bedroom?

@longusername12345

Wherever you are the majority of the time would be ideal.  It’s going to be filled with what you want, so it’s going to feel good to see it. Feeling good is going to produce more thoughts & ideas, to write on the board. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE