PeaceOut96

Quitting is no joke

18 posts in this topic

Hey Forum 

Just wanted to share my path to optimal health. So I have a been trying to quite nicotine that I have taken 7+ years from smoking and chewing tobacco. Omfg, Its like poisen that wont leave your body. The withdrawal pain is to much, the brain fog, the restlesness, the burning feeling in my arms and breast. I didnt know this shit was so goddamn addicting. They should really make this shit illegal, like for me the withdrawal is so close to the abstinses that u get as a herion addict. Its my 3th day trying to get clean from nicotine. I have been succesful in quitting before. But been stupid and releaps back in to the habit, not so much smoking, but more chewing tobacco. I actually love it, but at the same time I see it as a big obstacles in the routes to self actualizing and deep spirituel work. You can't be addicted to chemicals like nicotine. So I am committed to end this damn habbit. Seriously guys, don't ever touch a substance that creates a strong addiction in your body, because u'll truly go through Hell. Just wanted to share. 

You have to understand that your body stores toxins in fat tissue or non vascular tissue in order to keep you safe.

Now when you quit the intake of cigarettes (which has heavy metals, and whatnot, not only nicotine), your body releases these toxins into your blood so they are excreted by kidneys etc.

DUDE!
Be careful you dont fuck up your kidneys.

Trink a lot of water with minerals, eat clean and go SWEAT.

This will help

<banned for jokes in the joke section>

Thought Art I am disappointed in your behavior ?

It is an evil substance indeed. How is your nicotine use now?

Edited by Wind

Quitting chewing tobacco was sooo hard for me. I kept relapsing. The final straw when when I was facing oral surgery. Yet it was still super hard for a few months. I joined an online support group and I would check in everyday. I also chewed on a lot of sunflower seeds and fake chew. It slowly got better and it was amazing to start gaining freedom from it. I still remember the first I went made it through a day without craving or thinking about it. Not a single thought. . . . That was over 20 years ago and I haven't had a dip since. Yet I still have dental issues related to it. In particular gum decay. I actually got some dental work done today. 

You can do it. One day at a time. 

Perhaps wim hof method might help: breathing and cold showers. Idk but i love the method, its very simple and has a huge impact in your nervous system (in all body chemistry really). Your body starts to feel and function much better. You should check it out

Edited by Human Mint
a

Thnx for the answers guys. 

@UDT yes man, big reason to kick this super bad habit is all the other toxins besides nicotin. Already drank a lot of water and lemon juice. Finally beginning to feel better! Seriously I couldnt function for 3 days now, after doing a intense Kriya Session I am much more clearheaded

@Wind Indeed, no body should come near subtances that create that kind of painful addiction. I have stayed away from chewing tobacco for 3 days now. Its especially the first 2-3 days thats the most painful. I feel for the first time now very normal and relaxed. I think my big microdose of acid helped a bit lol :P

@Forestluv So true. Also a big factor for my stop. Its crazy that you still have affect from such old usage. Hope u doing good with ur dental health! 

@Human Mint Big fan of Wim Hof, I just couldnt barely do any of my  practises the first 1-3 days. I did them still but it so hard with the constant brainfog and pain. But could be a good try in the later recovery path :)

Just now, PeaceOut96 said:

@Forestluv So true. Also a big factor for my stop. Its crazy that you still have affect from such old usage. Hope u doing good with ur dental health! 

The chewing aged my gums about 15 years worth of decay. My dentist says my mouth looks 15 years older than my age. The problem with gum recession as you get older is exposed nerves and needing root canals. 

@Forestluv Its truly insane! I am deep regret already ? Yeah but sounds very expensive once the dental health has taken some damage. Truly hope thats all and there isnt more problems :)

Yes, quitting is hard, but worth it.

“You don’t have problems; you are the problem.”

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

I heard about Lucy today. It is something you chew to get rid of the addiction 

Nicotine gum yea

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

Nooooo, keeps you addicted. Tried it a million times.

Cold turkey. Much better. 

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

17 minutes ago, Ananta said:

Nooooo, keeps you addicted. Tried it a million times.

Cold turkey. Much better. 

Have you smoked cigarettes in your life? 

I don't know how to ask this in the correct grammatical way. 

Do you smoke?  Or have you smoked before? Did you smoke before? 

Edited by Preety_India

6 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

Have you smoked cigarettes in your life? 

I don't know how to ask this in the correct grammatical way. 

Do you smoke?  Or have you smoked before? Did you smoke before? 

I smoked for MANY yrs, vaped/smoked for several years more. 

Finally  quit cold turkey 3 yrs ago and haven't touch it again.

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

Just now, Ananta said:

I smoked for MANY yrs, vaped/smoked for several years more. 

Finally  quit cold turkey 3 yrs ago and haven't touch it again.

Wonderful. That's a great thing. People seem to be having a tough time with such things. 

Personally I never drink or smoke. So I probably just don't have any idea how being addicted must feel like. 

But I can imagine that this must be a tough ride. 

So glad you're out of such menace.

17 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

Wonderful. That's a great thing. People seem to be having a tough time with such things. 

Personally I never drink or smoke. So I probably just don't have any idea how being addicted must feel like. 

But I can imagine that this must be a tough ride. 

So glad you're out of such menace.

Its horrible, really...bad! Very, very hard to quit.

I'm very glad I was able to quit!

Edited by Ananta

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

What problems does chewing tobacco bring you? 

one day this will all be memories

15 minutes ago, kag101 said:

I haven't done it, but I'd say...bad breath, spitting constantly and mouth cancer, as well as getting addicted to nicotine.

Edited by Ananta

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

On 12/10/2020 at 8:18 PM, kag101 said:

Most commonly gum recession and mouth ulcers. More severe consequences are mouth cancer.

Chew generally hits faster than smoking. Most people can smoke daily for 20-30 years before serious consequences like emphysema.  Yet not many mouths can survive daily chew anywhere near that long.

For younger people, if they quit they can get by with minor gum loss, yet gums never grow back - so they are looking at exposed nerves and root canals earlier than most people. I started having problems in my 40s at the spots I put the chew 20 years earlier. Every dentist I’ve ever had could see the damage and would ask me about it.

Its also mindblowing addictive. The drug hits super fast and some tobacco companies add fiberglass in chew to put micro tears in the gums so more nicotine can enter and faster. Yea, they’re bastards and don’t give a shit about harming their customers they get addicted.