Heart of Space

I Experienced God

33 posts in this topic

It happened spontaneously.  I consciously expanded outside of myself and realized that I was the simultaneously the teacher of experience as well as the knower of experience.  The truest and purest form of knowledge is your direct experience.  And that knowledge is taught by God.  Both the knower and the teacher of experience is God.  God is such a loaded term for this, it's incomprehensible really.  This is the best way I can put it into words. 

It was the biggest cosmic bitch slap my little ape self had ever received in my life.  I realized how much I needed to change my life after this and what a cocky little arrogant prick I've been for a large part of my life.  "God" doesn't give a flying fuckity fuck about your little silly ape goof ball illusory identity.  When you are as much of a cocky little shit as I am this experience brings about quite a lot of fear initially.  It brought me to me knees in tears literally bowing to my very reality.  My life will forever be altered because of this experience.  In a good way of course.  I just learned to have some SERIOUS respect, reverence, and humility for experience.  When I say serious reverence I mean like I picked up a nasty dirty sock on the floor and took a full breathe through my nose and was in a state of pure reverence for the experience of that smell.  Sounds dumb, but if you were there you'd understand.  I feel like I matured years in a matter of hours. 

Just wanted to share this because I don't have anyone to talk to about this in my real life.

And btw, a little context on myself.  I am a staunch atheist.  A Richard Dawkins, logical, rational thinking atheist and I had this experience.  I never expected this in my life.

Edited by Heart of Space

Wow that sounds profound!
I am happy for you. This world need more awake people.

I have never experienced something alike, so I will give you this message and carry on as usual

All the love to you

4 hours ago, Heart of Space said:

I am a staunch atheist.  A Richard Dawkins, logical, rational thinking atheist and I had this experience.  I never expected this in my life.

Cheers to you, dude. That sounds amazing. I also started out on this journey being a hyper-critical atheist. The deeper you go and the more experiences you make - the more your day to day life turns into a mystical experience - any normal labels like being an atheist or being religious doesn't make any sense at all anymore.

You tap into something you never knew existed, the stuff out of everything is made of. Here real spirituality begins. Enjoy the ride :P

They want reality, so I give 'em a fatal dosage.

7 hours ago, onilsson said:

Wow that sounds profound!
I am happy for you. This world need more awake people.

I have never experienced something alike, so I will give you this message and carry on as usual

All the love to you

Thank you.  It's unnecessary to have this experience.  You don't need it at all.  Just keep doing what you're doing and if it happens it happens if not that's good too. 

7 hours ago, Azrael said:

Cheers to you, dude. That sounds amazing. I also started out on this journey being a hyper-critical atheist. The deeper you go and the more experiences you make - the more your day to day life turns into a mystical experience - any normal labels like being an atheist or being religious doesn't make any sense at all anymore.

You tap into something you never knew existed, the stuff out of everything is made of. Here real spirituality begins. Enjoy the ride :P

Yea, funny thing is I still feel I am the same person, there's just something else that I'm very subtly aware of.  It's hard to explain.   I also learned that my meditation and attempt at spirituality was entirely unnecessary.  Any form of life I follow is ok.  Now, that's not to say I won't continue spirituality, I will, but I just learned that this lifestyle is no more valid than any other.  "God" is always the same.  The only differences is certain lifestyles move you closer to delusion and others closer to "God." 

Edited by Heart of Space

@Heart of Space You are indeed correct in that no life style is more valid than any other. That's good, you are not getting into moralism. And you have also realized that you might start to lose the strenght and accessiblility of your highest levels of consciousness if you quit practicing. And that you and god and the whole shi-bang would still be the same nontheless of course.

But very rhetorically and non-moralistic, why would one from a point of conscious choice, i.e not ignorance, ever chose to lead ones life in the direction of disillusionment and suffering?

And also, and I may have misunderstood you ---- but on the notion that all your meditation and practice have been unnecessary - do you really think you would have been where you are today without it? Causality my friend, action and reaction. Life accumulates.
You have always been You of course, but would you still have known it? Is that not the important thing - you knowing it in your heart and bonemarrow?

37 minutes ago, onilsson said:

@Heart of Space You are indeed correct in that no life style is more valid than any other. That's good, you are not getting into moralism. And you have also realized that you might start to lose the strenght and accessiblility of your highest levels of consciousness if you quit practicing. And that you and god and the whole shi-bang would still be the same nontheless of course.

But very rhetorically and non-moralistic, why would one from a point of conscious choice, i.e not ignorance, ever chose to lead ones life in the direction of disillusionment and suffering?

And also, and I may have misunderstood you ---- but on the notion that all your meditation and practice have been unnecessary - do you really think you would have been where you are today without it? Causality my friend, action and reaction. Life accumulates.
You have always been You of course, but would you still have known it? Is that not the important thing - you knowing it in your heart and bonemarrow?

I meant that more in the sense that God does not change regardless of whether or not you live in delusion or not.  Why would one want to go in the direction of disillusionment?  Usually for fairly shallow usually mislead reasons I'm sure, but that is their choice and what they do.  There is ultimately no problem with that fundamentally.  Ultimately this existence in the form of ego is frail and completely meaningless (not in some depressing sort of way) next to God.  I choose to pursue spirituality because that's what I want to do, but even that to a degree is just as much as an egoic mask as any other.  God is something so far removed from human spirituality in terms of how everyone views it.  The reason is because human's can't comprehend it, you can only be it.  It's easy to have that experience and then come back into your ego body and use it justify some sort of belief in dogma and ritual like religion, or even that you need to fast for 16 days and meditate on a mountain for 12 years.  But you don't.  You are always God regardless, but if your ego wants to attempt to destroy itself that's fine too.  If you want to drink, have sex, do drugs, that's fine too.  If you want to be the next Hitler that's fine too.  In the context of God all of it's fine, it does not care about human creations and conceptions about the world.  It is only the teacher of the purest form of knowledge which is the experience that you know. 

Edited by Heart of Space

It's also important to understand that God is not some feel good lovey dovey concept.  These are all attributes that humans apply onto it.  It is nothing that you conceive of, nothing at all.  It does not love you.  It would teach the experience of starving to death, or the worst possible pain imaginable.  It does not care that you lost your job, or that the person you loved most has died.  It simply teaches whatever experience you are getting.  Period.  I think this is a hard pill for people to swallow, but only because you are so obsessed with the perpetuation of yourself, your ego. 

And herein lies the importance of spiritual practice.  To lessen that obsession with the perpetuation of ego to decrease your overall suffering. 

Edited by Heart of Space

For sure mate. I love the concept of acceptance. But i can be accepting and still crying for help at the same time, because that is just the divine will (no free will and free will at the same time as both the ego and the god).

From my point of view you're talking about infinity, which could be both positive and negative. 

For example lets label negative infinity  'The Devil ? '. And positive infinity we can call love ? 

Love and devil, good and bad etc put together /all possibilities/ make up Everything. And yet there is no good or bad at the same time - the other side of this coin, which says... Nothing. 0. Zero is infinite truth. Nothingness is the only thing that can never not exist and yet doesnt exist. Its the reason there is never an end. The reason for infinity is nothing. The reason for infinity is the text i did not write. And since 0 is infinite itself and you are 0 compared to infinity, the only conclusion is that you are that nothingness that is pretending to be a human so you can grow and flower up to the best version you can.

Or you know, dont be the best version you can, but i would follow the live infinity, because it seems preetty pleasant. If you are nothing you are already god, you cannot fall.  Even if you dont feel like it, just like me. By being nothing you are allowing for everything to exist, including the self.

Marvellous peace of work you masterful beasts of nothing. High five. Now we tripping and think we are something.. Shitting our pants sometimes.. Well, infinity generates. It has to, otherwise wouldnt be infinite. Allow because you're nothing hahah

I love writing about this topic.

Ps: Currently reading the book Fermats last theorem and it has a lot of gems imo about nothingness and in general about truth seeking. Alot of stuff that are garbage ego info too, but come on. I should stop writing cause nobody will ready this. Hhehehehe i said nobody! If you read it congratulations, you graduated to nobody.

🌟

🌟  Star ☀ Power 🌟

🌟

I'm curious about how it happened too! :) did you meditate and then suddenly this realisation came to you? or were you doing something and then it happened?

12 hours ago, WhatAmI said:

I'm curious about how it happened too! :) did you meditate and then suddenly this realisation came to you? or were you doing something and then it happened?

I'm not exactly sure what "caused" it per say.  But, I meditate a ton and practice mindfulness throughout the day.  It happened when I was outside and It was a really pretty day, I decided to just get naked and swim in the pool.  My mind seemed to turn off and thoughts were almost non-existent for a period of time.  Even my identity wasn't present, I was acting purely on instinct and was the happiest I've been in a long, long time.  I would look at something you'd usually never give a shit about like a dead leaf and would stare into it like it was so beautiful and get lost in it.  I felt literally like an animal.  I went over to the small diving board we have and layed on it and felt the warmth of the sun.  I looked down at the water and stared at the slightly corroded cement that was in the pool and it was so beautiful to look at.  There was nothing special about it, I just loved looking at it, really anything.  It wasn't like euphoria, it was like a clearness, like an emptiness.  I think that conscious animals experience this state, with no thoughts like I was.  I sat up and was on the edge of the diving board and was looking at the trees and the water.  And became larger than myself, it's hard to explain.  And I said spontaneously without any forethought, "I'm teaching myself happiness."  For just a split second I became the creator of all knowledge, the teacher of all experience.  God.  Normally, you are under the illusion that you are just the receiver of knowledge clouded under a billion thoughts and concepts which pull at your awareness like "look at me,"  "no, look at me" "LOOK AT ME."  When all those thoughts and concepts cease and your awareness is allowed to rest you can cut through to the truth of what's always there.  Even as you read this it's always there.

Edited by Heart of Space

I hate to be the one to break this to you, but you did not experience God.  And I'll tell you why if you want to know.  What it looks like you had an epiphany of is your conscience bitch slapping you on the forehead because of the company you are keeping on places like this where more spiritual types hang out.

But a God realization?  Judging by your description you did not have a experience of God 

I experienced Satan. It was frightening and beautiful at the same time. For a split second there was blood running down the walls and I could gape down into the dungeons of hell. I felt like I merged with Satan and I was the beginning and the end of all existence. It felt so good to be finally freed from my weak mortal existence. Sadly I have gone back to my frail ego existence and I'm stuck with trolling on internet forums to gain self worth.

2 hours ago, kurt said:

I hate to be the one to break this to you, but you did not experience God.  And I'll tell you why if you want to know.  What it looks like you had an epiphany of is your conscience bitch slapping you on the forehead because of the company you are keeping on places like this where more spiritual types hang out.

But a God realization?  Judging by your description you did not have a experience of God 

Your skepticism is natural and justified.  I'm not going to try to convince you, nor do I want to. 

One question though.  You know by my description I didn't experience God.  Which implies you do know what an experience of God is like.  I'd like to know your experience if you don't mind. 

2 hours ago, Psychonaut said:

I experienced Satan. It was frightening and beautiful at the same time. For a split second there was blood running down the walls and I could gape down into the dungeons of hell. I felt like I merged with Satan and I was the beginning and the end of all existence. It felt so good to be finally freed from my weak mortal existence. Sadly I have gone back to my frail ego existence and I'm stuck with trolling on internet forums to gain self worth.

Why not just ignore my post, rather than come in here and create some kind of mockery version of what I'm saying?  You haven't added anything of value.  Do you have real input?  Critical input is welcome too. 

I will say that you guys sure seem to be pretty certain about what I've experienced.  All considering you've never experienced my experience at all.  So, it would seem strange to make any sort of claim about my experience of reality.  That's a pretty bold claim of knowledge you have there. 

Edited by Heart of Space

It's also important to understand that the person writing this message is still flawed and human.  I will contradict myself and fail to communicate this on so many levels.  There was an urge to share this and after it happened I knew trying to communicate it would feel so labored because it is almost pointless to try.  No words I write will properly communicate it.  And even if I'm 1% successful I have to navigate other egos in order to even get the message across.  No wonder so few people who have experienced this don't even try.  It's very clear that it is almost pointless.  I knew that to be clear after it happened.  

22 minutes ago, Heart of Space said:

Your skepticism is natural and justified.  I'm not going to try to convince you, nor do I want to. 

God is not an experience.  You are God, but unless you first know what you are not, then you wont become conscious of what you are, yet.

I can see that you still believe you are the content of your mind, do you think you have negated the person? 

There's more to negate after the person by the way.  But lets start with the person first.

Edited by kurt

11 minutes ago, kurt said:

God is not an experience.  You are God, but unless you first know what you are not, then you wont become conscious of what you are, yet.

I can see that you still believe you are the content of your mind, do you think you have negated the person? 

To say that it is an experience is a concession to imperfect language.  That criticism is akin to attacking the grammatical structures of my sentences rather than the message itself.  One thing I've noticed on this forum is a form of dogmatism in language where people criticize those who refer to their identity in language.  This is not only not getting people to see the truth, it is dogmatic and a ritualistic use language in a way that creates a concept of what truth is rather than the truth itself. 

This is my understanding and experience though, I would never make presumptions about your experience as you do with mine. 

Edited by Heart of Space

What a sick thread!  Thanks for sharing!  I know what you are saying is true from the vibe of your words.  

How awesome and exciting it is to be alive.

Thanks man.