North Sea

is it true what JP says about career here?

15 posts in this topic

He says that after age 35-40 your career will decline no matter what. Is this really the case? For example Martin Scorsese is a great example of it not being the individual case.

57 minutes ago, North Sea said:

He says that after age 35-40 your career will decline no matter what. Is this really the case?

I got into the RN program at 35, licensed at 37. Got into administration as a coordinator at 42 and last year at 49 was promoted to clinical manager at my current job. I don't love the work, but the pay is very good.

Edited by Ananta

“You don’t have problems; you are the problem.”

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

JP is 58. You have absolutely nothing to worry about.

3 hours ago, North Sea said:

He says that after age 35-40 your career will decline no matter what. Is this really the case? For example Martin Scorsese is a great example of it not being the individual case.

I imagine there would be heaps of exceptions. In the 'spiritual teacher' world, there are few significant players who are under 40.

Is he pushing the agenda to get married, have kids, and go to church weekly to avoid ending up a wrinkly has-been?

On 12/8/2020 at 3:43 AM, North Sea said:

Wow, he says that wages have stagnated because women started having careers and working, not just taking care of the kids. Why didn't they stagnate in Denmark then? 

Wages have stagnated because there is a greedy bunch of capitalists and psychopaths in the government, fighting for their interests,  for their rights to pay workers very little, when in fact someone who would fight for workers or wage-slaves rights for a decent living wage should be in the government.  

But yeah, life is life, survival is survival. 

On 12/7/2020 at 6:43 PM, North Sea said:

He says that after age 35-40 your career will decline no matter what. Is this really the case?

You totally misinterperated what he said.

He said, "The utility of your career (relative to family), maybe that peaks by the time you're 35 or 40 and then it starts to decline pretty rapidly".

He was not talking about your career declining at all. He was talking about the relative utility (significance) of family, love, and children.

Lots of older people have great careers that are peaking. That's not the issue. The issue is, will that career truly satisfy you?

He was basically making the point that being a workaholic is not a good strategy for happiness. Which of course is true.

Then again, having a bunch of kids is also not a good strategy for happiness. Most miserable people in the world probably have kids. JP has kids. Is he happy? Nope.

Happiness is not a function of material conditions. And kids are a material condition.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

On 12/10/2020 at 3:32 AM, Leo Gura said:

Happiness is not a function of material conditions.

It is absolutely a function of material conditions. 

9 hours ago, Bojan said:

It is absolutely a function of material conditions. 

Then why aren't you happy?

Today your material conditions are better than any king who lived of centuries past.

You fool yourself, is all. If I gave you a billion dollars tomorrow, you'd be just as miserable as ever. In fact, you'd become suicidal once you realized that material conditions don't make you happy AT ALL.

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

Today your material conditions are better than any king who lived of centuries past.

(But Leo?)

The low-end cheap products we use and wear contain a tons of toxicity inside them making us sick . You don't have it with high end products made of luxurious resources such as gold, silver, kashemir, silk, etc. which king uses

Then, the King has the access to the best people in town for all kinds of things. I'd probably choose a #1 doctor of 4-5 centuries ago than the average Joe we have in our clinics now, the Joe will likely kill me given enough time. Then also having the best philosophers, teachers, etc in person.

The women will be much better too. Well, you can learn pickup, but it would put you into top 1% people in the dating world, so it is still an elite privilege. + With pickup you have to hustle a lot. When you're king you don't have to hustle that much for women

Your social circle will be the most advanced educated people of that time. While In the current lifetime you'll be likely to be spawned around a ton of neonazis, conspiracy theorists, incels and stuff like that and then you'll have to climb your way out of it

Your parents will likely to be people who somewhat know what they are doing in life (they were kings too after all) - will probably give you a much better advice

Food-wise, the best cooks will cook for you. The 'groceries" would be the most luxurious and organic ones, pesticides don't even exist yet

There are many other examples like this

Edited by Hello from Russia

Please guys actually study something about history and think about it before you write on here. You have so many ideas and you overlook many things.

@Bojan

1 hour ago, Bojan said:

really?! How so? Not at all.

Added: 

I'd gladly go back in time to be a king and go to war, conquering lands and far away places, and having, I mean really, I'd only be missing you and your Actualized.org knowledge, but I had enough of it, so with what I have, I'd be fine.

And I'd be riding a white horse! It would be amazing.

It would be so good. It would be an experience of a lifetime.

All I need is 20-30 years of a good life, all else is not necessary. 

Actually, even 10 more years, that are really good, would be enough. What am I talking about, even 5.

The best thing about being a king: living in a castle, surrounded by nights in shining armors, being taught how to fight, being strong, well feed, powerful, everyone respecting you and just loving you, except those that want your postion, but...

Have you heard of the game of thrones?

The good life with Friendly competition. Just relax, no stress, a vacation so good that you wont be going home.  

Great example of a happy king. 

Edited by integral

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

I once went to tour the palace of Versailles in Paris. The interior rooms were less comfortable than my apartment.

A king from 300 years ago lived worse than you today.

@Leo Gura

So happiness can be found only by diving into your fears, being able to express yourself fully, having deep inner confidence. Realizing your talents, and your purpose. 

On 12/11/2020 at 3:33 PM, Hello from Russia said:

(The low-end cheap products we use and wear contain a tons of toxicity inside them making us sick . You don't have it with high end products made of luxurious resources such as gold, silver, kashemir, silk, etc. which king uses

Be careful with weird revisionist history based on what we see in movies. Wealthy and powerful Romans and others drank water that was transported through lead pipes. People drank out of pewter goblets that were 30% lead. Mercury was used in paint. They burned torches and candles inside their homes and breathed in the fumes every night before electricity. You have no idea what kind of weird toxins they were exposed to. They also shit in bowls and tossed it out the window onto the street. Sounds like fun, right? Their water was so fucked that most people exclusively drank beer to not get sick.

Then, the King has the access to the best people in town for all kinds of things. I'd probably choose a #1 doctor of 4-5 centuries ago than the average Joe we have in our clinics now, the Joe will likely kill me given enough time. Then also having the best philosophers, teachers, etc in person.

Seriously? The #1 doctor from 5 centuries ago didn't wash their hands before performing surgery because they didn't believe in germ theory, and your dentist would be pulling all your teeth out without any freezing or anesthetics. Maybe you could get really drunk beforehand if you were lucky. If you're unlucky enough to suffer from mental illness good luck, they're drilling a hole in your skull. I would much rather have a random intern or nurse today than the best doctor even 100 years ago.

The women will be much better too. Well, you can learn pickup, but it would put you into top 1% people in the dating world, so it is still an elite privilege. + With pickup you have to hustle a lot. When you're king you don't have to hustle that much for women

Literally no different than today. You don't think if you were a billionaire you could have practically any woman you want today? 

I'll take my chances with modern women who shower every day, wear deodorant, don't have rotting teeth, and shave their bodies, thanks.

On 12/11/2020 at 4:50 PM, Leo Gura said:

A king from 300 years ago lived worse than you today.

This, in every way. My house is perfectly heated in the winter and cooled in the summer. There are no insects or mice in my house. I don't have to worry about anyone challenging me to a duel or trying to murder me, I don't have to walk around with a sword or pistol everywhere I go. Nobody is going to ransack my entire city and burn it to the ground and rape all the women.

I can order any food from any cultural cuisine in the world and it'll be delivered to my home in less than 30 minutes. I can eat authentic Indian, Chinese, and Italian food all in one day. I can order any product I need and it'll be delivered to my home next-day, for free. I can fly from North America to Europe in 12 hours for $500 whenever I want. My life expectancy is 80 vs 50 for a king in 1,000 - 1,600 AD.

Edited by Yarco

That's not even canon. 

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?