SpiritualAwakening

Dead because of one hit of 5MeO (READ BEFORE YOU JUDGE)

51 posts in this topic

@cle103 There's not gonna be fentanyl in psychedelics or research chems.

But of course you could use a test kit to test it.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Sounds a LOT more like he died from mixing drugs. Horrible story to hear but seriously just from reading her post I could comfortably assume that there was more to it than he just hit 5 meo once and fell over stone dead. Sorry but a girlfriend mourning the death of her boyfriend and trying to make sense of everything would probably not have the most objective theory.

@Leo Gura Got it! 

Do you recommend testing for anything else in general (beyond the substance specific tests like Ehrlich or Hofmann)? 

6 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

If he got it on the black market, it could easily be diluted with fentanyl.

It seems like to get a legal prescription requires that one be an opioid addict, which, if this guy was, is the source of the problem.

I doubt you can just go to a doctor and say, "Hey, I'm having trouble sleeping, could you give me some methodone?"

The only folks I know who get legal methodone are hardcore heroin addicts in rehab clinics. But I could be wrong.

If this dude was an addict, all bets are off. He could have all sorts of drugs in his system. We really need to know his history of drug use.

You are correct only if you are assuming that the doctor is a good doctor. Where I live methadone and suboxone are handed put like candy. Everyone here quit doing heroin and started doing them because its a similar high to heroin but provided for free by a doctor. Seriously people have stopped overdosing on heroin and started overdosing on this "helpful" legaly acquired "medicine". Yes it can be used to get past the heroin/opiate withdrawal but what ends up happening is people just end up withdrawing on the meds instead and im pretty positive the withdrawal from heroin is MORE mellow than the subs/methadone that are supposed to get people better. What has happened is simple. Big pharma has became a dependable drug supplier. They know things are like this but will not stop because they are making too much money. Idk i think it must be more popular where I live.

@cle103 if you make it yourself you will know whats in it.

*Also I am NOT telling you to make your own unless it is legal where you live and you know what you're doing.

@cle103 I don't test psychedelics. I mainly use research chems and source them from shops that have a reputation to lose if they ever make a mistake.

The important thing is to start low. It can save your ass if the vendor actually made a mistake and has sent you something else.

You don't have to worry about fentanyl, but there are other kinds of fuck ups that can happen where reagent testing won't save you. For example, I have heard of 5-MeO mixed by mistake with some crumbs of 25C-NBOMe, imagine preparing for a 1-hour long trip and ending up with a 30-hour one. Crazy, and nothing can save you from that if that happens. You can't test for it, even starting low doesn't help. A trusted provider is a priority.

Edited by Girzo

23 hours ago, King Merk said:

talk about an ego death

?

@Girzo Thanks, that makes sense!

Nothing sweeter than being NBOMed, Jeez. 

@Adodd Sure, that would be ideal (easier with Shrooms though). 

Hold my beer whilst go out and fetch me some fancy looking toads ;) 

Don't mix, and wait 2 weeks in-between substances. No sleeping pills, no antidepressants, no calming meds.

That guy took Opioids, benzos and DMT... 

The worst drug cocktail is Opioids, benzos and alcohol. I guess DMT can also make your system collapse in combination with them.

He didn't die from DMT, he died from the mix.

To be sure you should wait 2 weeks in-between substances, or even more if the half-life of the substance is long.

Considering that before bed, he mixed two substances from the classes of drugs with the heaviest respiratory depressing effects (opioid and benzodiazepine) and considering that both of them have a very long elimination half-life (up to 20 hours), I'm suspecting that whatever he took must have synergized with those substances still in his body. Other people could've survived the same trip because they didn't take those substances. Let's also not forget that he took alcohol and ketamine the day before that aswell (both surpress breathing aswell). So there could potentially be a five-way synergistic profile, and that alone should be a cause for concern with any substance.

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.