Exystem

Ultimate Strangeloop: A proper picture of a photon

7 posts in this topic

Right now I'm writing a book to deconstruct everything in order to get rid of the illusions that infested my mind. I also wanna reach other people, especially scientists and self-styled non-believers.
Contemplating the nature of myself/god and searching for metaphors I realized the perfect strangeloopy analogy of "a proper picture of a photon".
This will be my favorite answer to all the people that want me to prove/show them god: "First show me a proper picture of a photon, then I will show you god!"

There are many reasons why a proper picture of a photon is impossible/strangeloopy/infinite. So on the one hand there is and will never be any picture of a photon, while on the other hand all the infinite pictures are nothing but pictures of photons.

In order to convince ideologically-stuck people I need your help to find arguments/explanations/ways to realize that there could never be such a thing as "a proper picture of a photon".
So please tell me, Why do you think "a proper picture of a photon" is impossible?

~ There are infinite ways to reunite that which already is one ~

You could similarly ask for a proper picture of an electron. At that level of inspection, our illusion of particular cohesion begins to fray at the edges. Reality is no longer "this" or "that", but "from which perspective".

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

A photon is also a part of the space time continuum and is a wave at it’s core. 

@JosephKnecht Well that's neither a video nor a picture of a photon. Don't know what they exactly filmed but these are zillions of photons.

1 hour ago, Moksha said:

You could similarly ask for a proper picture of an electron. At that level of inspection, our illusion of particular cohesion begins to fray at the edges. Reality is no longer "this" or "that", but "from which perspective".

Definitely. Well put!

6 minutes ago, Mindflow said:

A photon is also a part of the space time continuum and is a wave at it’s core. 

Well, who knows? A wave is just a limited description, it sometimes appears to be one. But there's too much strange shit going on in quantummechanichs to state it as an absolute.

Interestingly the human eye can detect a singular photon. That's it. But not for a materialist xD He must draw a map for the territory, otherwise his life has no purpose anymore.

~ There are infinite ways to reunite that which already is one ~