Gesundheit

Can reality be any other way?

61 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Gesundheit said:

I meant immortality as form.

But I think that is impossible due to Infinity

If the Universe would display an inmortal form, in other words a "locked form" it woud be a limited universe.

and that is not the case. This is Infinity

22 hours ago, Gesundheit said:

And if yes, why isn't it?

Other ways may include: immortal beings, aging backwards and back and forth, no negative emotions, all negative emotions, no need for sleeping, no diseases, etc...

Yeah it is a mindfuck to think about this stuff, feels like reality is following patterns but what inforces those patterns?

Feels like it can't be any other way.

But I dont know.

Let thy speech be better then silence, or be silent.

- Pseudo-dionysius 

Every form is inevitably transient. The only changeless reality is the no-thing that was never born, and cannot die.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

23 hours ago, seeking_brilliance said:

Define reality. 

That word is indeed problematic once IT is Realized.

It’s the better question worth exploring.

1 hour ago, Adamq8 said:

Yeah it is a mindfuck to think about this stuff, feels like reality is following patterns but what inforces those patterns?

Feels like it can't be any other way.

But I dont know.

Be sure to use rebirth control. ?

Patterns are generally rooted in unconscious conditioning. Exploring one’s conditioning is key to becoming aware of when mind prefers to go unconscious and rides out its patterns. They are often oriented for pleasure and against pain (mental, physical, psychological). To “seek” and/or “cope” leads to all sorts of shenanigans, but the fact remains that mind maintains its role as master, when it is predominantly reactionary.

There is no such thing as an external solid standard reality.

If reality were objective, how come that an ant, a dog, a cat and even other people perceive reality in a completely other way than you?

If you change your state of consciousness and your awareness, your perceptions will change.

If YOUR perceptions change, it change YOUR perception of what reality is.

Reality is therefore what you perceive to be real and it can only exist from a perspective.

So, the reply is: no, there cannot be another way IN THIS MOMENT, because you are perceiving reality in THIS way.

But, if you e.g. take some psychedelic, then yes, you can change reality (reality = YOUR perception of what's real and thus exist).

P.S. What you perceive IS NOT the entire reality, but only a limited tiny piece of reality in a limited form in a limited perspective (your point of view as you with your specific characterial traits, trauma, mindsets etc. and as you as a human on planet earth who is living right now).

The "unified" reality is infinite.

Edited by Vittorio

7 hours ago, Javfly33 said:

If the Universe would display an inmortal form, in other words a "locked form" it woud be a limited universe.

and that is not the case. This is Infinity

Well, non-dualists suggest that all forms are limited/finite even though God the formless is unlimited/infinite. But they get away with that because they say paradox is a feature, not a bug.

Maybe the same thing here, just saying.

If you have no confidence in yourself, you are twice defeated in the race of life. But with confidence you have won, even before you start.” -- Marcus Garvey

4 hours ago, Nahm said:

Can you be a way other than you?

The way I am is not what I am, so yes. There's being, and there are infinite ways of being.

4 hours ago, Nahm said:

What way are you?

A certain way that excludes all other ways.

If you have no confidence in yourself, you are twice defeated in the race of life. But with confidence you have won, even before you start.” -- Marcus Garvey

3 hours ago, Vittorio said:

P.S. What you perceive IS NOT the entire reality, but only a limited tiny piece of reality in a limited form in a limited perspective (your point of view as you with your specific characterial traits, trauma, mindsets etc. and as you as a human on planet earth who is living right now).

The "unified" reality is infinite.

Cool. That's what I'm asking about, actually. If the unified reality is infinite, that means it can be every other way, but then why is it currently locked into this specific limited form?

17 minutes ago, Gesundheit said:

The way I am is not what I am, so yes. There's being, and there are infinite ways of being.

If you can be a way, other than you, how would that way, not be you, when you are being, that way?  

If that way is not you, what is it?

If there are infinite ways of being, and you know this, how did you arrive at this conclusion?   Did infinite ways end, such that you concluded this?  

A certain way that excludes all other ways.

If you’ve experienced other ways, how are they excluded?

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

2 hours ago, Nahm said:

If you can be a way, other than you, how would that way, not be you, when you are being, that way?

If that way is not you, what is it?

Let's leave me out of the picture for now. My question was about reality (whatever that is) where there's not yet a concept of "me".

2 hours ago, Nahm said:

If there are infinite ways of being, and you know this, how did you arrive at this conclusion?

With the mind. If I'm gonna live like for a hundred years and then die, then there's not enough time to experience all of infinity. I am, therefore, finite. And so must be all of the manifest world.

Reality is very deceptive (and we are very much prone to illusions) and at the same time very tangible. That's why so many are neurotic to say the least. 

(Trying to describe reality here as it is the main topic anyway)

Possibility... it's a great great gift that can easily be a curse. Possibility can breed both creativity and anxiety. At worst, it could lead to antisocial or criminal behavior. 

I think it's tragic when people lose their capability to see possibilities that they truly cherish... i think this is called passivity (or the same as...) 

Possibility can also be drained from a person. An indication that he / she needs to rest, maybe? Which again is the nature of things, yin and yang sorta thing. 

Possibility beats money stacks imo. But you got to pick the very best ones, and be very good at generating them too. Kinda like a game too, y'know 

Edited by Megan Alecia
Possibility is how politics work/hence a big facet of reality. That's why it is the challenge of every new generation, to dream up new inventions and solutions for the world to universally use.

"We are like the spider. We weave our life and then move along in it. We are like the dreamer who dreams and then lives in the dream. This is true for the entire universe."

-- The Upanishads

Encyclopedia

12 hours ago, Javfly33 said:

"impossible" - " Infinity"

Huge contradiction 

“The psychotic drowns in the same waters in which the mystic swims with delight.”

14 hours ago, Gesundheit said:

Again, I would have to go with: Can reality be any other way than this? And if yes, why isn't it? What you said is just one story for how reality is. Can that one story be different? And if yes, why isn't it?

Consistency is another interesting subject for me, and it does fall under the original question, but it's not the heart of the inquiry for me here.

And I certainly don't know what the waking reality is, so I'm not sure I'll follow here.

Who really knows? Enlighten up and stop asking impossible meaningless questions. 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

6 hours ago, Gesundheit said:

Cool. That's what I'm asking about, actually. If the unified reality is infinite, that means it can be every other way, but then why is it currently locked into this specific limited form?

All forms and reality itself are relative AND illusory.

With "relative" I mean, if you are an ant, then reality looks like a, if you are a person on planet earth, then reality looks like b. 

This means that reality is not static, but fluid and change. 

With "illusory" I mean that there is no solid forms, no you and no sense of separation between forms. 

Be aware that EVERYTHING is a form. 

A tought is a form. A shower is a form. Your body is a form. Your words are a form. 

A form is something with specific boundaries. 

A tought has a boundary. It's limited to you and is processed as words and a voice in your head. 

So the reality is not locked in any specific form, because it's all relative and there is NO reality, but only a perception of reality and a perception of existence as an ego inside of this reality. 

If you are asking: "Why does reality take exactly this forms through my perspective and other human perspectives?", then the reply is that God decided to engineer reality in exactly this way. 

Why? Because that's what he wanted to do. 

Why? I dunno, ask him ?

The way you can go
isn't the real way.
The name you can say,
isn't the real name.

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

7 hours ago, Gesundheit said:

Let's leave me out of the picture for now. My question was about reality (whatever that is) where there's not yet a concept of "me".

Concepts don't define who you are.” Gesundheit

If you really leave conceptualizing yourself out of the picture, there’s no more reality. Meditation is ‘reality’ where there’s not yet a concept of a me. 

7 hours ago, Gesundheit said:

If there are infinite ways of being, and you know this, how did you arrive at this conclusion?

With the mind.

Yes. Conceptualizing, not direct experience. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

You guys are useless. But thank you for wasting your time here with me.