Preety_India

3 YEARS on this Forum

40 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Glad to see someone getting some use out of this place.

Sometimes I wonder if I should just shut this thing down.

That's the artists curse, you know. Even tho you feel like the artwork you are providing has no use, somewhere for somebody it means quite a lot. :) 

The only reason I came to this forum is because I wanted to abort my spiritual experiences xD

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

@Preety_India Congo!! Keep learning and keep helping others.

This place is a School of Life, just like one of those in antiquity, where travellers used to reach after covering miles, just to seek True Wisdom and share their practices, experiences and what they've learnt thus far, we must rather strive to make it even a better place by all means possible at our disposal and not let it go otherwise, it helps so much, it nurtures so well, I have found a few really good people through this community and I just hope nothing but The Best  for our forum.

Edited by ajai

I have to disagree with all the people here praising the forum. I think Leo has done an amazing job by building this platform, and I think there are some high level quality people commenting here, especially the moderators, but 90% of the content is just a waste of time, people avoiding doing the real work, self delusion, of feeling that you are progressing or learning something...etc. The truth is the real growth and development comes from real world experiences, not getting an answer in a forum.

Still, it could be very beneficial and useful if people could use it more consciously and less as an addiction.

Not close it , but maybe Definetely moderate it way more and cut more BS topics.

The problem with moderate it is that doing that cuts also a lot of possible traffic, which could make the forum to stagnate and "die" naturally by lack of sufficient user activity.

So it's a delicate decision. 

9 minutes ago, Javfly33 said:

I have to disagree with all the people here praising the forum. I think Leo has done an amazing job by building this platform, and I think there are some high level quality people commenting here, especially the moderators, but 90% of the content is just a waste of time, people avoiding doing the real work, self delusion, of feeling that you are progressing or learning something...etc. The truth is the real growth and development comes from real world experiences, not getting an answer in a forum.

Do you think removing the forum will fix those problems or is it maybe only a symptom of an underlying problem that will anyway express itself through other means? What if the forum is a comparatively better alternative than say video games and masturbation?

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

4 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

Do you think removing the forum will fix those problems or is it maybe only a symptom of an underlying problem that will anyway express itself through other means? What if the forum is a comparatively better alternative than say video games and masturbation?

Agreed. Even if 10% of people here are worth conversing with,  and are actually dedicated to growth, it's much more than I'd meet off-line. Hopefully if he closes the forum he will archive everything and also lift the ban on discussing other forums to attend. 

@Keyhole I've also considered a post limit and def a new thread limit

Check out my lucid dreaming anthology series, Stars of Clay  

I learned about mouth taping in this forum. So I owe this forum my ability to sleep on my back. Believe it or not this forum recently worked for me as a support network.

It's a great forum, I have been here since 2017.

Thank you Leo and everyone else!

Arc

same here. to me this is a great alternative to social media. i can ask genuine questions and also get help. i don’t have to scroll through heaps of meaningless garbage and ads like on the other apps, there’s quality content to think about on here 

@Preety_India amazing to hear!! :x

"Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it" -Rumi

@Preety_India

I am happy to hear that you have found a place to help transcend some of the culturo-familial limitations you've grown up with and/or experience on a daily basis. It is one of the benefits of the web and being able to find a netizen community you are more aligned with and can grow with through interaction. Living through a mind that has divergent views, in comparison with those of mainstream cultural norms, can be quite exhausting, so it helps to get a sense you are not alone and are able to express yourself openly.

Having spent quite a bit of time in India and on the sub-continent, I can imagine (to some extent, anyway) how hard it might have been for a free spirited person, such as yourself, looking for a sense of expansion beyond the given paradigm. Interestingly, I think it helps to "hear" many of the ideas that perhaps your own religio-cultural background propounded, but in a way that is less dogmatic or constrictive. Re-approaching them with a different light can help to put them in context that is more suited to you, or just empower you to throw them out altogether.

Anyway, I could tell you were genuinely grateful, so I thought I'd chime in.

Aram se, sista ?

This forum gives me a connection and motivation for this work.

It's nice to see there are people out there burning for the same thing :)

Surprised at how so much is agreeing with the forum getting closed :$

Edited by Megan Alecia

"We are like the spider. We weave our life and then move along in it. We are like the dreamer who dreams and then lives in the dream. This is true for the entire universe."

-- The Upanishads

Encyclopedia

I like just randomly looking through some threads and finding some gold nuggets of wisdom here and there, especially from Leo.

@Leo Gura Even if you decide to shut down the forum I'm grateful for the things I got from it and I'm pretty sure you also saved my life.

Love you HOMIE

@Megan Alecia because there is no choice. It's completely up to the owner.  This forum is an amazing melting pot and echo chamber, and a learn-at-your-own-pace Alexandrian school. There's nothing like it and it would really suck to disappear.  But I don't see him ever handing it off to someone else.  It won't last forever, besides the fact that it's here now. 

Check out my lucid dreaming anthology series, Stars of Clay  

@seeking_brilliance Yeah. Sad. 

I'm not saying that to insult Leo but it would just be a tragic thing, personally.

Edited by Megan Alecia

"We are like the spider. We weave our life and then move along in it. We are like the dreamer who dreams and then lives in the dream. This is true for the entire universe."

-- The Upanishads

Encyclopedia

@Leo Gura I'm with India. 

I have only been here couple weeks but I honestly wish I came here earlier.

I can see a lot of mysterious potential here. 

@Preety_India

On 05/12/2020 at 2:48 PM, Preety_India said:

I agree. Some awesome people here. 

And the forum generates great material for personal development because everyone has such a unique insight and perspective to the same question. 

This is precisely how I feel & why I feel that there are big limits to just reading self help books -

there is a combination of wisdom, discourse, unique perspective, encouragement that is hard to find in most settings or books 

I also love the fact that's not just a narrow minded "no fap" or "get rich" forum ect.. it encompasses all areas of the good life, like dating advice 

On 5/12/2020 at 3:42 PM, Leo Gura said:

Glad to see someone getting some use out of this place.

Sometimes I wonder if I should just shut this thing down.

No duuude are you crazy?

We get every day tons of value here