Preety_India

3 YEARS on this Forum

40 posts in this topic

I spent 3 years on this forum. And sometimes I feel like I almost got raised here. In a small way. 

If it wasn't for this forum, I would have died or killed myself and  I seriously mean it because I was so upset and going through so much at the time I joined the forum. 

This forum saved my life. With zero family support, the only support I received was here. 

I learned so much being here in the last 3 years. 

I'm very grateful for the people here. 

Thank you to Leo and all the people here for putting so much attention and effort into this place. 

This forum is a life saver for suffering people. 

Thanks again. I'm thrilled that I spent 3 years here. Can't believe it. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

Glad to see someone getting some use out of this place.

Sometimes I wonder if I should just shut this thing down.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

3 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

No please don't. Sometimes I just search for things related to Actualized.org content using google search and can find so much gold sifting through this forum. I really love this place, even though there are trolls generally people are great here compared to reddit for example.

I agree. Some awesome people here. 

And the forum generates great material for personal development because everyone has such a unique insight and perspective to the same question. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

20 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

?
So with sadness in my heart
I feel the best thing I could do
Is end it all and leave forever
IT ALL RETURNS TO NOTHING, IT ALL COMES
TUMBLING DOWN 
TUMBLING DOWN
TUMBLING DOWN  
?

Just kidding

Edited by lmfao

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

There's the saying that, "When the student is ready, the teacher will appear." In a way, all of life is a teacher, and the journey in depth and breadth takes on various explanations and realizations.

Most everyone one meets is searching for something. Generally speaking, that might be summed up as ways for perpetuating worldly happiness or avoiding pain. Even so called spiritual seekers are usually looking for some subjective mixture of these, and rarely for Truth.

The problems that arise to the mind are about sustainability of the worldly pursuit and, eventually, if they stumble on to an intense search for Truth, authenticity.

This is a place for both.

Edited by kbone

@Leo Gura Really? I appreciate that you exist and that this forum exists.

Changing my life is radical ways. Sending love!

Your dealing with bullshit, and spreading of light is appreciated.

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

28 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Oh, for the Love of dear God, no!

@Leo Gura Come on Leo is that the way of absolute truth,??? 

"We are like the spider. We weave our life and then move along in it. We are like the dreamer who dreams and then lives in the dream. This is true for the entire universe."

-- The Upanishads

Encyclopedia

36 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

If you only knew the amount of impact you've had on people's lives......through the forum, the videos, the course, the book list. I've been around since June 2016 and it has been my fav place to go for years. 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

@Leo Gura

Do you belive there is something else that is more worth your time? You spread so much goodness to the universe!

The how is what you build, the why is in your heart. 

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

This place is much more useful than it looks.

I grew a lot here only by interacting with people through text and reading the conversations. Please keep it alive as long as possible.

It's super useful from student's POV how you do Q/A and address common pitfalls that people have (Or ridiculing silly ones ;)). You "pre-adressing" these points in videos is very good, but not as raw as the direct implementation struggle which a lot of us have. Also, people on this forum seem to be way more serious than people in youtube comments, although could be better of course 

That would make many people sad. Including me. Could you really live with doing such a thing? I couldn't.

@Preety_India Congrats! I never had the thought that things were difficult for you behind the scenes. You present yourself as really knowledgable and articulate in your points. See you 'round!

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

I got a lot of resources around here. Links to spiritual teachers I wouldn't have known about, including Byron Katie and Anna Brown. And I got to talk to Michael about nutrition, I consider Benjapuskas a friend... couldn't have happened otherwise.