Etherial Cat

A Moving Identity: Settling into Self-Expression

366 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

A day that is starting well- starting my dream work journey!

Recalling and recording dreams is a fascinating practice to start with. :) Paying attention to the dream states is a fascinating experience in itself when you have been neglecting to do so in a while. I wonder how come I didn't value this much more before? It is truly mysterious and magical, and this on several dimension.

The first change so far is that I have been looking forward both to sleep and to wake up in a way that is much more exciting than it was before. I wonder if it's only the novelty effect or if it will fade away, but I feel like "something" is replacing a space where "nothing" happened before. And this something, if nurtured, could be of extreme value. 

I know for sure that as I start becoming more aware of my dreams, I'll remember them better gradually.  And my presence will be of greater intensity. It is quite interesting how dream love to remembered and paid attention to. I also expect it to be of tremendous help for my spiritual practice in general. Already now, I realize that my dream state ego is totally different than the one of the day. It is really bizarre...

Overall, it would be interesting if I could investigate more on spiritual traditions focusing on dream work. I'll keep myself open to any practices focusing on this in the future. For now, my focus will be more on Jungian psychology and what my subconscious tells me, in order to reintegrate some part of myself I am not aware of.

--

I'll share a quick summary of what I recall from my dream. But I'll keep my dreams private for the most part. Today is an exception.

Today's dream was somewhat both poetic and strange, not to say a bit gross.

I dreamt of being responsible for a neglected aquarium where several creatures died due to corrupted water. In it, there was two gorgeous colored fish, laying at the bottom. Except for the fact that they were dead, they looked beautiful. In this reality, they'd be warm water fish. And they had long fins, like Betta fishes.

Amongst the other dead creatures was a white owl. It looked like a 1-to-1 copy of Hedwige in Harry Potter. I knew it was there, in the aquarium, but I couldn't see it. I also had two small turtle looking a bit like snails. One of them dead, and the other one alive and thriving. Like for the owl, the dead turtle was not to be seen. I just knew it was there.

A neighbor came over, complaining that the water system in the area was soiled by "something dead". Ashamed, I let this woman in. A blond german lady, older. Her hair were tied in a short pony tail.

She starts talking with my boyfriend, they start flirting and ultimately making out. I'm surprised at how rude they are and offended at how she is ignoring me. But overall, they seem to have a good synergy and chemistry. I have no intention of standing here watching them like that, so I grab her pony tail (lol) and get her away. There is also an underlying, mild feeling of jealousy and possessiveness.

I ask my boyfriend for a favor and tell him to empty the aquarium as a consequence. I anyway can't hold it myself because it is too heavy. In this dream, we live in a house were there is a pond in the backyard. And I think it will be perfect. The soiled water, the dead creatures and the very alive turtle will all find peace in it. I help him empty it. And as two water merge together, I wake up.

Edited by Etherial Cat

Association with the wise is the root cause for obliterating all misery. -  Tripura Rahasya

Quote- Relationships

« Because I am cut off, I blame myself and feel guilty, a nasty feeling that spawns a raft of negative emotions, not the least of which is self-loathing. To compensate and reconnect to my most important part, my Self, I unconsciously project love onto someone else and invest my love object with godlike qualities to make up for things I believe are lacking in myself. Because I am now unconsciously back in touch with myself in the flush of love, I want to serve, surrender to and know all about my beloved. And to keep the love flowing, I insist my god or goddess prove his or her love by fulfilling the needs sprouting like weeds in the fertile field of my incompleteness. My many desires make me dependent, and I become attached. The fear that I will not have them met spawns anxiety, and anger follows inevitably like an unwanted twin. I hide my fear and anger though because I do not want my beloved to see how vulnerable I am. I smile and put on a happy face, and pretend that I am fine. 

Isabella Viglietti-Swartz- The Yoga of Relationships: Non-Duality in Life (English Edition)

Association with the wise is the root cause for obliterating all misery. -  Tripura Rahasya

Posted (edited)

giphy.gif

When you realize that after years of suffering, your german is good enough to read that plethora of Jungian authors in original version. B| :D

A good way to kill one bird with two stones!

Edited by Etherial Cat

The Unconscious- one of my high leverage points

According to the Pareto principle, 80% of the effects are due to 20% of causes. So as a consequence, I thought it would be a great strategy to investigate what where the areas where I could muster the most growth in my healing practice. 

patrick-perkins-w1aaLCHPKUc-unsplash.jpeg

Patrick Perkins- Untitled

On 05/07/2021 at 6:52 PM, Etherial Cat said:

I am especially interested in healing myself by working on high leverage points. I'm identifying some of them as being spiritual facets slightly out of my recent years practices and teachers or self-help gurus. Basically, any line of development where I can make some progress without bumping into a long plateau like I can be in my current areas of predilections.

3 weeks after this post, I've found out that working on the unconscious is one of these high leverage points for me.

Now, I'm not starting totally from zero because I have some notions of Shadow work. But the unconscious (and a fortiori my own) has been so far an area of total darkness beside for whatever insight I've gained from my SW practice so far. So, I'm not expecting 80% of new effects due to diving into my unconscious due to that, but there should be still a wonderful growth margin.

And actually, I already see a lot of it sprouting. I think, this part of myself is actively trying for me to pay attention to it. I'm very excited on this journey.

New Journal(s) incoming!

My plan is to list them at the beginning of my next main journal. Still unsure about its title. I'm thinking about either "A Shifting Identity: A journey through life" or "A Fading identity: A journey through life" or something like that.

Here are the main needs I have identified so far.

• Diet, Food, Health, Sport, Wellness
  • Eros at work: Emotions, Feelings, Desire, Intuition, etc
  • Logos at work: Philosophy, Rationality, Science, etc
  • The Divine and Mundane Feminine
  • Spirituality, Theosophy, Religious studies and insights
  • The Day-to-Day Journal
  • The Creative Room
  • The Visualization Room
  • Spiritual and development line plans

+ Listing of older journal

• A Moving Identity: Walk the Walk
  • A Moving Identity: Talk the Talk
  • Inspiration: A Public Diary
  • Settling Into Self-Expression: The Practicals

Qui regarde à l'extérieur s'endort. Qui regarde à l'intérieur se réveille.

- Carl Jung

Posted (edited)

Working on my script

I'm very excited. The script will be in french but I'll make an english translation of it.

I work on it and it brings me so much joy AND healing.  There is some real Ikigai going on there!

I'll finish my journal with the release of this script. Or perhaps its video.

Let's see!

Edited by Etherial Cat

Posted (edited)

Working on my script- bis

I have nearly 3 pages of essay written and 8 pages of brainstorming! B|

I'm excited.

Edited by Etherial Cat

Thoughts on closing the journal

Closing the journal with the release of either the script or with the video. Most likely the script.

In French and then I'll translate it in English with one of my very good pals who happens to be a British writer. :)

Posted (edited)

Putting at random captions

See, I'll do it just because I enjoy them. 

Whatever pleases my eyes will be put at random in the middle of content. 

Probably especially stuff that seize me with its beauty and remind me of what is so captivating about life. :) 

Edited by Etherial Cat

aldebaran-s-qtRF_RxCAo0-unsplash.jpeg

Aldebaran S - North American and Pelican nebulae mosaic

Maliblue- Darius

Talking about North America.

My mind and heart wanders back to sunny and merry Cali. 

Memory

The moment I opened the window in our apartment in San Francisco and saw for a first time a hummingbird gather pollen from a flower. <3 

Such adorable creatures. My favorite birds with owls.

I'd wish to catch some of them on my polaroid if I ever get the opportunity again to go there.

jeremy-hynes-jf7owWScNHs-unsplash.jpeg

Jeremy Hynes- Ruby-throated hummingbird 

Elles sont peut-être les folles de Nevers ou de Séville
Des bracelets qui farandolent, des boucles d'oreilles qui sourient
À une robe de gitane, une gitane que l'on rencontre
Sur une scène à macadam, une histoire que l'on raconte
La musique c'est elle et la fête fait son entrée

Almarita danse, chante pour les gitans
Et que ton coeur vole au vent, ton âme en caravane

Elles chantent pour tous les printemps
Tant de vie et ces gros temps
Mais elles ne peuvent y rester
L'âme gitane ne fait que passer
Elles se suicident cent fois par jour
Pour dire on n'brade pas l'Algérie ou bien l'amour
Ces choses-là ne repoussent pas

Elles portent des marques du voyage
Et savent très bien nous y faire croire
Rien qu'à les regarder danser
Cherche pas à comprendre, t'as qu'à y aller
Ni femme de marin, ni putain
Je sais qu'elles repartiront
Des joies de gens dans une main
Et une valise pleine de chansons
Où la musique, c'est elle et la fête fait son entrée

Il y'en a qui travaillent comme des fous
Pour se payer des clous
À clouer sur leur feuilles de vie
Mais la mort est sans bagages
Moi de tous cela je ne veux rien
Les poches vides et le coeur plein d'amour
Qu'une gitane m'a laissée

Almarita danse, chante

Posted (edited)

Amore e verità

"Sessualità, o meglio: passione, contatto, fusione, orgasmo e amore. L'inebriante gestualità dei corpi a sublimare l'emanazione diretta delle fragranze più candide dell'animo umano. Sullo sfondo un guerriero e il suo cavallo sondano afrodisiaci sentieri, rivelando una nuova forma di edonismo naif, interpretando quel dualismo interiore dell'essere maschio: uomo/animale, spirito/carne."

Edited by Etherial Cat

Working on my script- ter

It's horrible. I feel so much resistance. My self-deception mechanism keep on trying to lure me out of the task. 

xD:D 🔫

It's like doing sport. Fighting against the pain of discomfort.

Creation is birthed in sweat and blood.

Writers and content creators are heros.

--

😂😂😂

How did I miss this reality for so long? A lot of content creators are actual warriors suffering hell for me to consume passively their work/craft/art while doing my chores.

I can't imagine how scary it must be to have a large audience of fans waiting for a new video. 👀

^ This makes me so grateful to be an absolute nobody. There are no expectation for me to create anything outstanding. At this point, it's just me trying to express, share with the world and engage.

But it's still painful because I want to do and get out of the comfort zone. I just don't want to be that person who is not willing to try a new medium, full of potential.

In general, I think that the only one who's making a living effortlessly creating value is Eckhart, who's just sitting on a chair without any anxiety, not knowing what he's going to say. At his point, he probably doesn't even have a notion of "working" ... I don't know... ?

Posted (edited)

Leo is such a machine! O.o

I wonder how he manages to make such profound episodes while spending so much time on this forum? xD

Truely outstanding.

Edited by Etherial Cat

Plant medicine

Didn't mentioned it yet, because I was careful of not writing a long post about it, but yesterday I had an incredibly healing trip on mescaline.

And the universe has directed me toward a new spiritual teacher through one of the craziest synchronicity I have experienced so far.

His name: John Prendergast