Hulia

anxiety as background emotion

7 posts in this topic

Hello Leo, I have a question to you. Your videos helped me to see the nature of thought. Now I am able to shut the door in front of them any time I want to. Unbelievable how easy I can do it now in term of seconds! I don´t even need to sit into meditation. But! I feel the pressure at the shut door. It´s a permanent subtle anxiety. Something of the kind: general uncertainty about future? It´s always there, sometimes more sometimes less. My main emotion, a background. You told, it´s all about survival. How can I get rid of it? Of this disturbing background emotion? After I have learned to stop the flow of thoughts I´ve got rid of a bunch of other emotions: first of all  - sadness and disapointment (completely!), but also anger (partially), envy, and so on.. But the anxiety is always there. I aso don´t quite understand the connection between the thoughts and the emotions. What is prior?  You told sometimes emotions and sometimes thoughts?  But what is determining this order? Maybe you have a video about connection betwenn emotions and thoughts.? Thank you!

Hi PurpleTree. I think now, it was rather egoistic question: all about the emotional comfort of the ego - the first and the last thought, which is so difficult to abandon, almost impossible. I have no clue, how to do it. This fall into comlete uncertainty. I cannot even imagine, that I will ever dare it.. 

no i don't think it's egoistic but it's a difficult question

do you otherwise feel totally healthy, or do you have some health issues like gut or sleep issues?

No issue with health. I´m just thinking aloud. It´s a strange thing, in one video Leo proposed to close the eyes and imagine 1 Mio $ on my account, which I did. And bingo! I´ve grasped it at once. And I was healed from the lovesickness. I saw so clear, that it was just a thought of me which created a thought of him - nothing real. Such a useless nonsense! What is real never changed all these year always there.

How strange is it? The thought of 1 mio $ helped me to understand and overcome the heartsickness but not the financial / material insecurity, the sense of insecurity..

16 hours ago, Hulia said:

Hello Leo, I have a question to you. Your videos helped me to see the nature of thought. Now I am able to shut the door in front of them any time I want to. Unbelievable how easy I can do it now in term of seconds! I don´t even need to sit into meditation. But! I feel the pressure at the shut door. It´s a permanent subtle anxiety. Something of the kind: general uncertainty about future? It´s always there, sometimes more sometimes less. My main emotion, a background. You told, it´s all about survival. How can I get rid of it? Of this disturbing background emotion? After I have learned to stop the flow of thoughts I´ve got rid of a bunch of other emotions: first of all  - sadness and disapointment (completely!), but also anger (partially), envy, and so on.. But the anxiety is always there. I aso don´t quite understand the connection between the thoughts and the emotions. What is prior?  You told sometimes emotions and sometimes thoughts?  But what is determining this order? Maybe you have a video about connection betwenn emotions and thoughts.? Thank you!

There's a difference between "facilitative anxiety" and "debilitating anxiety". And yes, the former can lead to the latter once the heavily conditioned unconscious thoughts start to work their magic of pulling ones attention back into the ruts of a limited view. You allude to these phenomena in your post with respect to the connection between thoughts and emotions that are arising.

I would say that beliefs are constructs of thoughts and they, in turn, will give rise to emotions. While many beliefs are conscious, a majority of them are unconscious. And, dare I say, many beliefs are often assumed to be true and/or "known facts".

Every thought and experience had is relegated to memory from which the mind's multitudinous constructs draw on to build its cause-effect relationships.... this is often called reason. What I mean by "mind constructs" can be seen by the various identifications one has as a volitional person: "I" as a student, "I" as a teacher, "I" as a good family member, "I" as a sincere partner, etc. As such, all mind constructs are born of memory, which is to say, of the past. Believed to be actually true, the illusion of a separate volitional self  is born and, therefore, will die. Generally speaking, that causes at least some degree of anxiety, hehe.

Anxiety is a typical outcome when facing  the "unknown". What will amaze anyone willing to truly examine everything, leaving no stone unturned, is how very very very precious little is known. This can lead to a tremendous degree and scope of anxiety, but not always.

In the context of the spiritual search:

Facilitative anxiety will spur you to keep looking, trying, loving, and dying to a previous set of boundaries of self  (born of the mind) and into that boundless Truth. IT is non-local, unconditional, and indescribable. Free.

Debilitating anxiety will be the outcome of having succumbed to the demands of the self's (the mind's) limitations. That creation is confused, based on all sorts of beliefs, and believed to be real. Suffering.