7thLetter

*POLL* Are you going to take a COVID-19 Vaccine?

*POLL*   225 members have voted

1. 1. Are you going to take a COVID-19 Vaccine?

• Yes
    • No
    • I don’t know

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

89 posts in this topic

It's all about risk. Is the risk of catching Covid - and being permanently injured or death - higher than the risk of taking a vaccine which is NOT the virus?

The UK at least has NOT cut corners in testing the vaccine, instead it has poured a huge amount of resources into it, so it could be released as quickly as possible to for the good of the population. They stand to gain nothing from injuring the very people who put them there in first place.

In any case, young fit people will be the last to have the vaccine, the old and infirm and health workers will be first.  If there are any major negative effects from the vaccine, you can bet it will be pulled immediately.

All stories and explanations are false.

7 hours ago, LastThursday said:

If there are any major negative effects from the vaccine, you can bet it will be pulled immediately.

I'm not so sure about that. There are way too many lay people who want the vaccine to work at all costs.

People want the lockdowns to end and life to go 'back to normal' desperately because the lockdowns and stoppage of business/economy has put them in that position. If the vaccine does show negative effects:

• Will the media show it or report it?
  • Will the people pay attention to those details or will they confirmation-bias it away?

I have a feeling people will accept anything in the name of a vaccine. Not because they're scared of COVID, because they want the lockdowns to end. They want the lockdowns, social distancing, mask-wearing, travel-restrictions, business-problems, problems with the economy, etc. to end. In such a situation, someone who has just lost their job will push for literally anything in the name of a vaccine! Especially when this vaccine is being shown as this magic bullet cure-all, you'd better expect that.

Edited by Parththakkar12

"Do not pray for an easy life. Pray for the strength to endure a difficult one." - Bruce Lee

@Village "cocktail of disease" shows lack of understanding on what a vaccine actually is...
Can you explain what specific things in a vaccine concern you? If you're worried about things like mercury you should know there is more in a can of tuna than a vaccine. 

I'm going to get vaccinated when the shot is available. I've been vaccinated for various things throughout the years and never had a problem, so I figure, what's one (or in this case, 2) more? 

I agree with @Leo Gura on this subject: I think the anti-vaxxers telling me that I'm scared are way more afraid than I am. I'm not the one posting YouTube videos making unverifiable claims or getting into heated arguments with strangers on the internet. I see lots of projection going on there. This is evidence of "Closed Green", as the original spiral dynamics people would say. 

I fall into the group of essential non-healthcare workers, but my employer isn't handing out vaccines yet. I'll let you know if something happens. If my employer doesn't let us get the vaccine, I'll fall in the last group of people to get it (general population without any COVID-19 risk factors.) 

13 hours ago, Parththakkar12 said:

I have a feeling people will accept anything in the name of a vaccine. Not because they're scared of COVID, because they want the lockdowns to end.

Don't forget, the lockdowns are not caused by the virus, but by government themselves (look at Sweden). So people ARE scared of Covid, and this fear is represented by government. What people want is to remove the fear of dying from the virus.

What I will say, is that people are pinning very high hopes on the vaccine, and that many people see it as a "cure" for the disease - which it isn't. It's just a way to reduce the infection rate, in the hope that it will eventually disappear or is kept at manageable levels (endemic in the population).

The vaccine(s) will have been tested extensively before release. If therefore it show signs of harming people when deployed into the general population, then trust me they will immediately pull it, because there will be legal and criminal ramafications. The government and pharma companies are accountable to the law. The same law that says killing people is unacceptible.

Edited by LastThursday

All stories and explanations are false.

1 hour ago, LastThursday said:

The vaccine(s) will have been tested extensively before release. If therefore it show signs of harming people when deployed into the general population, then trust me they will immediately pull it, because there will be legal and criminal ramafications. The government and pharma companies are accountable to the law. The same law that says killing people is unacceptible.

It's too complicated a task to pull back a vaccine that's already in the hands of people, confusing the masses about whether it works, whether it doesn't work, which one will work. That's too complicated for people. The government never says it was wrong, it will never admit a mistake because then, people will literally kill them and their brand will be permanently destroyed. Same goes for any big tech company, especially big pharma.

Do you know what's easier than that? Deny that it harms people! Say 'My vaccine is the best vaccine. It is the best thing since sliced bread' (because that's what you have to say in order to sell a product) 'If you have a problem with it, you have every right to sue us in court. Good luck paying for your lawyers when you're broke because of the lockdowns! We have paid off our Justices, so good luck.'

There will be too many people in favor of the vaccine, in favor of the narrative that it really is the best thing since sliced bread! In fact, if there are any problems with it, it will be blamed on 'the COVID-19 virus'. It will never be blamed on the vaccine. They'll be like 'We didn't know that the COVID also killed people in this way! We now know the myriads of ways in which people die of the COVID.' That will be the narrative of the mainstream healthcare system, the medical system. They are the authority on these things, because they are the credentialed people, so you can't come up against them. People will blindly follow what they said. If the vaccine harms people, you won't even know what just happened.

Edit - I'm not saying that they're evil or malevolent people. All of this is well-intentioned but unconscious behavior. It's just that looking at the way things are going right now and knowing how unconscious/deluded people behave, this is what I foresee.

Edited by Parththakkar12

"Do not pray for an easy life. Pray for the strength to endure a difficult one." - Bruce Lee

Yes, i will get it as soon as possible and i DID get COVID-19 once. 

Vaccines are totally harmless? Maybe not, but today only a handful of things are, even the water you drink is possibly full of weird chemicals that fucks with you in the long run. 

All i see is a bunch of conspiracy Karens with black/white thinking.

2 hours ago, Parththakkar12 said:

It's too complicated a task to pull back a vaccine that's already in the hands of people, confusing the masses about whether it works, whether it doesn't work, which one will work. That's too complicated for people. The government never says it was wrong, it will never admit a mistake because then, people will literally kill them and their brand will be permanently destroyed. Same goes for any big tech company, especially big pharma.

Not only in the hands of people, but bought from goverments. The thing is, that goverments are already committing to buy billions of doses.

https://launchandscalefaster.org/COVID-19

2 hours ago, Parththakkar12 said:

Do you know what's easier than that? Deny that it harms people! Say 'My vaccine is the best vaccine. It is the best thing since sliced bread' (because that's what you have to say in order to sell a product) 'If you have a problem with it, you have every right to sue us in court. Good luck paying for your lawyers when you're broke because of the lockdowns! We have paid off our Justices, so good luck.'

There will be too many people in favor of the vaccine, in favor of the narrative that it really is the best thing since sliced bread! In fact, if there are any problems with it, it will be blamed on 'the COVID-19 virus'. It will never be blamed on the vaccine. They'll be like 'We didn't know that the COVID also killed people in this way! We now know the myriads of ways in which people die of the COVID.' That will be the narrative of the mainstream healthcare system, the medical system. They are the authority on these things, because they are the credentialed people, so you can't come up against them. People will blindly follow what they said. If the vaccine harms people, you won't even know what just happened.

Edit - I'm not saying that they're evil or malevolent people. All of this is well-intentioned but unconscious behavior. It's just that looking at the way things are going right now and knowing how unconscious/deluded people behave, this is what I foresee.

If i understand your point, youre saying that most likely the vaccine will be damaging possibly because of lack of testing an that most people just want the pandemic to be over so they wont research to see whether it is potentially dangerous, government can leverage this to just get the vaccine out and then not be able to pull it back if something does go wrong. 

I would say there has been sufficient testing, probably more than youd get from a lot of medications currently on the market, the only thing you can say is that there isnt long term testing over say 5, 10 or more years, but this is the case with most drugs, majority of people who take medications dont look at research papers spanning multiple years. Realistically that couldnt happen with this virus because you cant wait on someone to monitor people for 10 years whilst over a million people die per year, that just doesnt make sense and is not ethically right. 

People do want the pandemic to be over so a lot would just take it, but this goes both ways, most people who are against or think its dangerous wont really research either, theyll just go with their fearful feeling and look for things that can confirm it. In this instance if you arent going to research it comes down to whos perspective you believe to be more valid, viral experts, scientists and whoever else created and approved the vaccine, or members of the public who have no background in the field but are going off of a fear reaction that the virus is dangerous. Personally id go with the experts but i can understand if you are fearful yourself why you might go with your uncle Jim on facebook. 

Youve said that those involved in the vaccine or government are not necessarily evil people at that the behavior is unconscious. I dont really see it like that, i think a lot of peoples intention is to save lives, some maybe in it for the money but even in that circumstance, killing people is not going to get them money. 

Your opinion is really just based on whether the vaccine is harmful, they have tested a lot of people and its not been the case, so it would really be on you to prove that it is harmful.  

On 12/11/2020 at 9:55 PM, Forestluv said:

Referring to vaccines as a “ a cocktail of disease, heavy metals and carcinogens injected into veins” is a hyperbolic misrepresentation that fuels fear mongering. You are welcome to address vaccine concerns in a mature, well-informed, accurate manner if you wish. Yet gross misrepresentations are not allowed.

No, I literally just stated the ingredient list. Literally. Disease (in this case covid), heavy metals (aluminum and mercury), carcinogens (formaldehyde, polysorbate 80), among other toxins—and those are only the published ingredients. When you know what this concoction is made of and you were still fooled to inject it, there's nothing more to discuss. Just reread the ingredient list until it sinks in.

Edited by Village

11 minutes ago, Village said:

No, I literally just stated the ingredient list. Literally. Disease (in this case covid), heavy metals (aluminum and mercury), carcinogens (formaldehyde, polysorbate 80), among other toxins—and those are only the published ingredients. When you know what this concoction is made of and you were still fooled to inject it, there's nothing more to discuss. Just reread the ingredient list until it sinks in.

I didn’t say your statement was 100% false. Rather, it is so hyperbolic and dismissive of nuances that it is a distorted representation.

We could say that cats are highly dangerous vectors of disease transmission. This is is not 100% false, yet is overly hyperbolic and dismissive of nuances to the point it becomes a misrepresentation.

Yes, there are risks associated with vaccines, yet your portrayal is overly hyperbolic and dismissive. There comes a point when hyperbolism goes over the line and becomes misleading and misrepresentative. 

For example, the statement that vaccines are dangerous because they contain the covid disease is hyper simplified, partially inaccurate and highly misleading.

No, I won't take it, because it's very clear to me that this vaccine is not about keeping us safe, it's about billion-dollar-deals that were made before we even knew about Covid. The media has done nothing but scare us, demonizing effective medicine, all to make us ready for the magical vaccine.

Since it's obvious that people who don't take the vaccine will be demonized and denied access to almost everything, I have taken the honor to myself and locked myself up for 9 months now, and in that time found the only thing that matters: nothing!

I really don't know.

Maybe this disease is somehow more dangerous than flu.

But the defend steps we do against it is ×100/1000 more harmful to the mental health of people who lost their work, lost their sense of meaning and sense of self significance to society, and now survive to leave. obviousely the governments steps are totally un-proportional.

Edited by Nivsch

🌻 Stage Yellow emerges when Green starts to have tolerance and respect to the variety of views within HIMSELF. Israelis here? Let me know!

20 minutes ago, Nivsch said:

I really don't know.

Maybe this disease is somehow more dangerous than flu.

But the defend steps we do against it is ×100/1000 more harmful to the mental health of people who lost their work, lost their sense of meaning and sense of self significance to society, and now survive to leave. obviousely the governments steps are totally un-proportional.

What do you think a proportional response would be considering 1.6 million deaths and rising so far worldwide?

@Consept *cough* 1,6 million people dying with an detectable viral load, most of them in normal dying age *cough* 

30 minutes ago, Ima Freeman said:

@Consept *cough* 1,6 million people dying with an detectable viral load, most of them in normal dying age *cough* 

Should get that cough checked out. Interesting, what about excess deaths? In the US I think it's nearly 300,000 extra deaths than the average year, this would point to people who were not going to die in 2020, dying this year. Your point seems to be the people dying from covid would've died anyway, do you think the excess deaths are coincidence, what's your take?