7thLetter

*POLL* Are you going to take a COVID-19 Vaccine?

*POLL*   225 members have voted

1. 1. Are you going to take a COVID-19 Vaccine?

• Yes
    • No
    • I don’t know

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

89 posts in this topic

Posted a thread a couple weeks ago about whether or not we should take a vaccine for COVID-19, it gained some popularity but unfortunately I didn’t add a poll. I wanted to see the results of who’s taking it or not so here it is.

Edit: Poll results are now anonymous

Previous thread: 

Edited by 7thLetter

"Intellectual growth should commence at birth and cease only at death." - Albert Einstein

5 hours ago, 7thLetter said:

Posted a thread a couple weeks ago about whether or not we should take a vaccine for COVID-19, it gained some popularity but unfortunately I didn’t add a poll. I wanted to see the results of who’s taking it or not so here it is.

Edit: Poll results are now anonymous

Previous thread: 

Yes, I am. It is because I said so.

i might actually be required to take it pretty early on for work.

was actually hoping to delay it and see what happens to the early vaccine takers, oh well.

Edited by PurpleTree

I will sit and watch other people take it first. Then see if they complain about anything 

Then I will go and get it. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

I'll be a guinea pig since I'm a nurse. They will give it, probably make it mandatory, for all healthcare workers to take it first. Hope we survive or there won't be any healthcare workers left to take care of anyone else.

Edited by Ananta

“You don’t have problems; you are the problem.”

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

I plan to take it for travel next summer (USA to Mongolia). Still voted "I don't know" because I still don't know anything about it. Plan to research it when it's made official.

7 hours ago, Preety_India said:

I will sit and watch other people take it first. Then see if they complain about anything 

Then I will go and get it. 

This sounds about right. In the UK, and I'm presuming most of the world, they're cutting short the scientific testing and trialing time that is usually needed before a vaccine is officially deemed safe.

I'm not worried about catching covid myself. I'm worried about giving the virus to others though. But I'm particular about letting random things into my body. It's not a conspiratorial thing. 

Edited by lmfao

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

7 minutes ago, lmfao said:

I'm not worried about catching covid myself. I'm worried about giving the virus to others

This ^ is how I feel too. 

“You don’t have problems; you are the problem.”

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

I'll pick a vaccine where scientists and medical professionals have massive incentive and pressure to do a good job, over getting bat flu which can do serious damage to your cardiovascular system, thanks very much.

This should be obvious. Since it's so damn contagious we pretty much have to pick between one or the other. In fact it would be irresponsible NOT to get the vaccine as you're basically acting as a willing vector for the disease to spread. You could have no idea if you have it either, which is the problem.

You know what, I'm not going to tip toe and I'll be even more blunt here. Be a fucking adult! Get the vaccine when available, and keep wearing a mask and social distancing until this thing is over.

I'm sure I'm not the only one sick of human stupidity endangering others. In fact I'll go one step further and add that anyone who contests otherwise reveals themselves to be ignorant to the comparison of Trumpism.

Edited by Roy

hrhrhtewgfegege

For all you spiritual types, the idea of sitting around and waiting for tens of millions of other people to take the vaccine out of some silly fears isn't a very good sign of your leadership or collective responsibility. Your tiny bit of fear, blown way out of all proportion, will costs thousands of lives.

Think of it like this, when you grandparents were called to go fight and die in WWII, they did it. Yet when you are asked to take a virtually harmless vaccine to save the lives of thousands, you fear it like a bullet to the head and act like a selfish jackass.

Indeed, how entitled and pussified stage Green has become. This whole topic should go into the stage Green cringe compilation thread.

Where is the conscious leadership? I see very little.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura Go ahead, mr Lab Rat.

Stay inside, take your pills, wear a mask, order mcdonalds, wear a condom to jerk off... and boom! you'll be enlightened.

How dare us doubt the honesty and integrity of governments who lied to us to get into wars?

How dare us doubt Pfizer's long, documented history of fraud, lies about deadly drugs, ruthless greed, criminal behaviour?

How dare a young, healthy person refuse to have some chemical cocktail injected into their bloodstream?

Your chemical/pharmaticeutical consciousness will take you to a place called chronic illness and then death. But, who cares, you are immortal?

21 minutes ago, Tobia said:

How dare us doubt the honesty and integrity of governments who lied to us to get into wars?

How dare us doubt Pfizer's long, documented history of fraud, lies about deadly drugs, ruthless greed, criminal behaviour?

How dare a young, healthy person refuse to have some chemical cocktail injected into their bloodstream?

Exactly the kind of whiny entitlement I was talking about.

Thanks for proving my point.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Here's my thoughts and personal concern with taking a vaccine for COVID-19.

At this point, I'm uncertain about taking a vaccine but somewhat leaning towards 'no' to taking a vaccine. I'm quite a healthy young guy in my mid-twenties, I take the proper supplements needed daily, organic multivitamins, zinc, vitamin D3. I mainly eat organic foods, drink tea, and I'm an active person. I go to the gym 4-5 days a week to work on my cardio and build muscle. For me to catch COVID is a possibility, but to die from it seems a bit unlikely. I don't know for sure the type of people who die from COVID are, but I would imagine its mainly people with poor health, and older individuals.

Where I'm from, there's only been close to 500 deaths over the past 9 months with a population of 5.1 million. The people of our province in Canada is quite healthy I'd say. Canada in general is quite healthy, most of our deaths come from the other side of the country in Ontario and Quebec. With the US on the other hand being at the top of the list of countries with the highest amount of cases & deaths, there's just so much garbage in their food, obesity, drugs smuggled in from Mexico, addicts, etc. that it sort of makes sense. Don't mean to offend anyone from the US. But the US has just created an environment for itself that it becomes destructive for everyone else. In that case, sure a vaccine is necessary. Just like as it is a similar way with a tobacco addict, if they're on the brink of death due to lung cancer, in order for them to continue to live they need some kind of medicine to work as some sort of crutch. At that point you can't expect them to turn their life around and be healthy all of sudden. If we lived in a perfect world and everyone worked on their physical and mental health, then I'd imagine many medicines, vaccines, would cease to exist. They would just be unnecessary. The ones who have survived COVID so far are the ones who the virus hasn't reached yet, or the ones who take care of their health.

Anyways, I'm sort of on the side with the conspiracy theorists with this one. With questions like should we trust the government or these multi-billion dollar pharmaceutical companies with histories of criminal behavior? What if the risks of a vaccine outweigh the risks of covid? The vaccine was rushed, should we still trust it?

I guess anyone can argue with me that its not about me, but about the risk of spreading the virus to other people, which is fair enough.

In the end though I wouldn't be surprised if we we're forced to take the vaccine at some point, maybe in order to work, travel, enter a grocery store, etc. Just like how we're now forced to wear masks everywhere we go.

Edited by 7thLetter

"Intellectual growth should commence at birth and cease only at death." - Albert Einstein

People are distrustful because those in power have failed them, corporate greed, corruption, companies swimming into political parties and elections is a reason why people do not want to take the vaccine right away or at all.  Why not ban fast-food restaurants and cars that can go 300 mph?

All this becomes circular and the same thing can be pointed by those not taking enough responsibility and allow those that have the power to walk into it.  

There is no cut and dry answer around this but the airline companies have the right to make vaccines mandatory as well as those countries of destination.  

A vaccine has been scientifically proven to be safe through months of testing on humans and you wanna wait to see others try it first?

A vaccine doesn't work for society until more than 70-80 percent of people has taken it.

I am very surprised by people on this forum. We always talk about being less selfish and more selfless. Yet, at the very first little test,we decide to act selfishly and provide all the silly excuses to it.

Edited by Eren Eeager

I am the only thing stopping myself from receiving infinite Love form Myself. I am Infinite Love for god sake.

There're too many uncertainties and too many why's to be 100% sure it's safe.
Only one who is ignorant or lacking of knowledge can be so sure about it.

Just do your own deep research and then decide.

By deep research I mean one must find out how sars cov 2 is more or less fatal compared to previous ones.

Also one must question the means undertaken to combat the virus. Are they reasonable? question lock downs, closing small businesses letting bigger stayed open. Question necessity of wearing mask if there is no strong evidence for it's effectivity. Question dissapearing of ordinary flu and other viruses.

Also do your own research regarding pharmaceutical companies.

Ask why there is so rush to vaccinate even convalescents.

Why there is so much pressure.

If all that makes sense to you then go and vaccinate.

Edited by alomorti

Really and truly if we're talking cold hard facts, the vaccine is very unlikely to be dangerous, if you look at all the trials that have been done, you do research, talk or listen to experts who have worked on the vaccines, it would be very hard to make an assertion that this is dangerous. The claim that its been rushed is not really valid as with previous vaccines most of the time to develop is just red tape and bureaucracy. 

This isnt to gaslight anyone with fears about it, but you really have to accept this is a fear born of ignorance on the subject. I get why there is distrust in the government but if we take all the history out of it and just look at is this vaccine going to be a net negative or positive youd have to say it will be a positive. Everyone that has been against measures like lockdown and masks, ultimately just want to be able to do what they want to do, thats fine but dont dress up selfishness as anything more than that.    

I don't understand this selfishness argument. I'm not anti-vaccine.
I've done 100+ hours of research before drawing any conclusions and the deeper I dig the more I regret I started digging. I'm quite sure the vaccine itself will be safe.
One must research deeper to start connecting the dots.
Honestly, I would be more than happy to be wrong but I can't get rid of that one big conclusion that this whole thing just stinks bad.
Call it fear, call it self preservation instinct or selfishness but just do your own research first.

50 minutes ago, alomorti said:

I don't understand this selfishness argument. I'm not anti-vaccine.
I've done 100+ hours of research before drawing any conclusions and the deeper I dig the more I regret I started digging. I'm quite sure the vaccine itself will be safe.
One must research deeper to start connecting the dots.
Honestly, I would be more than happy to be wrong but I can't get rid of that one big conclusion that this whole thing just stinks bad.
Call it fear, call it self preservation instinct or selfishness but just do your own research first.

I dont mean selfishness as a judgement, what im saying is that you or whoever are putting your self-preservation, fear, idea of freedom ahead of others. The research that is usually done in this state is to find something wrong with the vaccine in this case, what the person is looking for is justification for these fears, so that when questioned on it they can point to something that is usually irrelevant or misunderstood and say 'look its not my fears there is danger here'. This is why you get conspiracy theories because usually there isnt enough evidence or anything definite that proves their fears, therefore some exaggerations, conscious or unconscious, have to stretched to to uphold the fearful beliefs. 

Having said that i do i agree that people shouldnt just take it blindly and should get their head around what it is and maybe the history of vaccines, most people wont do this but in theory its important. They should also go into it not trying to prove right their fearful assumptions and just try and learn. Ideally youd want this taught in schools from a relatively young age so kids dont grow to be adults and only start learning about vaccines in this fear state