Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bithne

Your attitude to the Black Lives Matter movement

16 posts in this topic

What do you think about the Black Lives Matter movement? What emotions does it evoke in you?

Its fine. Certainly necessary. The US has a long history of segregation so these kinds of movements naturally occur. 

Dont look at me! Look inside!

10 minutes ago, Opo said:

@Bithne Why would you ask this in "serious emotional problems" category? 

Because he has Serious Emotional Problems with it. xD

Dont look at me! Look inside!

On 12/5/2020 at 4:44 AM, PurpleTree said:

some of it great some of it not good

Good:

* Exposing legitimate grievance with police accountability and institutional racism

Bad: everything else.

* It's OK for thugs to loot

* People of colour are entitled to commit violent crime and then claim victimhood

* It's better to attack, rather than repair, law enforcement

* Let's defund the police and let violent gangs run riot

* Where's the protests when police officers are killed by criminals?

* All of the above loss of commonsense causes reasonable, decent white folks to support the batshit crazy GOP out of fear of violent, leftist insanity

On 4. 12. 2020 at 6:51 PM, Opo said:

@Bithne Why would you ask this in "serious emotional problems" category? 

I can move this to the Government and Politics if the OP doesn't have a reason to keep it here :) 

@No Self  There are also white criminals you know. There are more white criminals than black criminals. Also there are not only muslim people who kill other people, there are also christians who do terrible things. But the media is just biased that they do not show this to us. They mainly focus on the things that are the most racist and xenophobic etc. Innocent people suffer from this and events that are much more important and more people die during them are not looked at by the media, because they do not affect the West. 

@bejapuskas Yes, of course.

The media is biased because this is a topic that fires people up on both sides. In a way, they function a bit like an internet troll! It would be good if their ethical standards were higher. I mentioned the Second Congo war in another thread; over 5 million people killed in the biggest world war since WWII, and most people in the West probably haven't even heard of it.

There may be more white criminals, but as a percentage of the population, African Americans are grossly over-represented in incarceration (sometimes for stupid 'crimes' like possessing weed), crime, inferior education, inferior mental health support, etc. A sad irony, as we need educated people to be on board with genuine solutions, not nonsense like 'defund the police'. And not rioting.

Right hmmm... People only care about punishment and not prevention. Labeling people criminals and locking them up doesn't solve any issue. It's not like all of them will get caught and even if they will, the killers will live in rooms with rapists and thieves etc. 'I teach you how to kill, you teach me how to steal.' Maybe the government would find more white people who possess weed if they tracked Actualized.org followers xD

Both good and bad. 

Good:

Fighting racism in the institution. Holding law enforcement accountable. 

Bad: 

Worshipping and celebrating criminals and thugs 

Encouraging burning looting 

Creating stereotypes or encouraging stereotypes 

Race baiting against White peep. 

Blaming everything on race only 

Asking for Quota. More entitlements in the name of racism 

Not focusing on black on black violence and 'within the community' problems. 

Defunding the police, not focusing on reforming it 

Encouraging antifa for violence 

Being unreasonable about real life crime and its impact. 

Using a movement to simply focus on racism when so many factors are responsible for the social situation of both white and black communities. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

It seems to me that in order to objectively discuss these events, it is necessary to study more information about it.
After all, if you focus only on subjective opinion or information from one source, then you will not hear objective opinion here.
That is why I advise you to read more information, for example, at this link you will find interesting information about the Black Lives Matter movement, which may be useful and interesting for you.

Edited by Quintai

On 12/4/2020 at 10:57 AM, Bithne said:

What do you think about the Black Lives Matter movement? What emotions does it evoke in you?

The common sense. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

I read in a book called Racism and Sexism that most racism is done to protect one's perceived value in the hierarchy, i.e. a white guy might not necessarily dislike black people, but he likes his place in the social hierarchy and so he resists black people moving up.

This BLM movement puts me face to face with my own subconscious racist attitudes, which is a good thing, despite how hard it sometimes is for me. If I become aware of them I can work through them.

"Yes is the answer... And you know that! Fasho!

Yes is surrender! You gotta let it... you gotta let it GO!" - John Lennon, Mind Games