Antor8188

Isnt thinking that you are god a form of ego as well?

79 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Stop assuming shit.

But Leo!!!

6 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

You got a lot of assumptions going there.

God doesn't work the way you assume. Stop assuming shit.

I think assuming that God is all-knowing is perfectly fine. After all, if God isn’t, then who is?

And I most certainly am not all-knowing. After all, I don’t know the exact size of the observable universe in light years. 

What assumption of mine is wrong?

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

5 minutes ago, How to be wise said:

What assumption(s) of mine is wrong?

That could fill a volume of books.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

7 hours ago, SoonHei said:

@4201 if you wore a mask during halloween, got hit on the head with a bat, got knocked out, then woke up again and saw a mirror in the hospital you're in, you see your mask and freak out and then accept you are this person you see in the mirror, 5-10 mins pass and you regain your memory and see that it's not you, it's a mask! you're below it.

it's like you don't need to take off the mask to know that you're the one wearing it. you can have the insight that Oh, this isn't my face - I'm wearing a mask. This knowing is intuitive. or like in a lucid dream. you know your real body is on your bed sleeping. that too is a knowing/insight.

But there is no "real me" behind this flesh body. When I'm in a lucid dream I can feel my real body, I don't just "know" it's there. There is nothing other than what is perceived that exists. Consciousness is all there is. The observer is an idea.

40 minutes ago, 4201 said:

But there is no "real me" behind this flesh body. When I'm in a lucid dream I can feel my real body, I don't just "know" it's there. There is nothing other than what is perceived that exists. Consciousness is all there is. The observer is an idea.

@4201 then be a great idea my champ!

And have fun. It's like a bird learning to fly. There's no how. Just flap flap and you gucci.

You are the magic.

?

Love Is The Answer
www.instagram.com/ev3rSunny

8 hours ago, How to be wise said:

I think assuming that God is all-knowing is perfectly fine. After all, if God isn’t, then who is?

And I most certainly am not all-knowing. After all, I don’t know the exact size of the observable universe in light years. 

The assumption, that your assumptions are fine for starters.

The Secret of this Universe is You.

my music

17 hours ago, How to be wise said:

And I most certainly am not all-knowing.

That's because you don't know who you are...

The belief that you are a person and there's a world out there and a God separated of you runs very deeply.

Meditate more often until you reach a breakout that will show you the truth of who you are. The small "you" doesn't know anything.

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

Thinking that you are god is indeed a form of ego.

Being and Knowing that you are god is a formless god.

God is just a label for all there is. It's an unfounded assumption to say you're other than all there is. Thinking you are God can certainly be an egoic delusion, but there's a way for which knowing you're God is anything but that. In fact, when the nature of God is fully seen, the ego is nowhere to be found -- at least not as an entity that could be confused for something real.

On 12/3/2020 at 9:24 AM, Antor8188 said:

Isnt it a form  of ego If i think i am god and i am the whole universe? I am saying this because although i dont perceive myself as an individual human being with physical and mental characteristics, i still perceive myself to be something which is the entire universe. 

As long as there's a trace of identification -- the thought "I" -- there is a subtle ego.  Whether that "I" is a local no-self/emptiness, the whole universe, God or anything else.

When there is no longer the thought "I", there's something that can't successfully be described in terms of duality, it is paradoxical in those terms.  It's both black and white, night and day, male and female, the potential and the manifest.

If you are God, then thinking you are God is merely thinking about what is true, just like if you are a millionaire, thinking about yourself as a millionaire is perfectly natural.

The only problem is when you think you're a millionaire but you are dirt poor.

Thinking you are a millionaire does not make you a millionaire, but thinking you are a millionaire when you are already a millionaire is only natural and it would in fact be insane to think of yourself as poor.

On 12/3/2020 at 2:35 PM, How to be wise said:

You don’t know the exact size of the observable universe, but maybe someone else does or might some day. You are also that person. You are everyone; you are infinity.

The assumption you’re getting wrong is that you are merely the person you feel like right now. To whatever degree you are identified with the ego, God will seem separate from you. God is purely self-less. So, in an way, you’re correct that you’re not God. Your identity cannot be God because God has no identity. God is all identities.

Nevertheless, you also are that thing which simultaneously includes all identities and none at all. You are God, and you can become directly conscious of this.

Edited by Matt Skinner

On 12/3/2020 at 5:35 PM, How to be wise said:

Within the righteousness of an assumption there is no wrong. By asking “what assumption of mine is wrong?”, you’ve indicated you can see it’s righteousness, yet cannot see it wrongness?

The mind can have a realization and expand. This can take a second, many years or never in one’s lifetime - depending on several factors including? For example, genuineness is a key component. Is the mind genuinely asking this question to expand it’s view and understanding, or is the mind asking more rhetorically? At a subconscious level, is the mind oriented as “I know my view is right, let’s see what he says when I ask what’s wrong with it.”. This is a very different orientation than a mind that recognizes that it is missing something and gets curious to discover what it’s missing. 

On 12/3/2020 at 2:18 PM, knakoo said:

It is also ego to think you are god :)

Any thought that pops into your mind is ego.

Is thinking you are god really closer to the truth than thinking you are not god ? Is the ego being identified with the idea of being god not just as much delusion as being identified with the idea of being a human and individual ? It seems to me that being identified with the idea of being god will solidify the ego even more.

Remember you are warned repeatedly not to take these teachings as ideology.  So yes you must watch out for self deception.  The ego will want to co-opt these teachings for itself.    That is true in life and in this work.  Yes the Truth is found in a deeper place or a place prior to language and thought.  Then when you come back to a finite state of consciousness you can say you are God.    

Leo gives you deep Truths as if they are no big deal.  That's his style.  He doesn't beat around the bush - rather he tells you the fastest path to enlightenment...aka psychedelics, while providing the conceptual framework. He is not gonna wipe your ass though - that's up to you.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

16 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

Any thought that pops into your mind is ego.

That’s the problem, the truth will come as a flash in an instant, a knowing without thought . An epiphany...  an aha moment... 

If it comes from logic, thought, mind, intellect, etc  it’s probably just the ego trying to think it’s God. 
In reality the ego is doing that all the time, but we don’t see it.

?

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

Ego is not a thought or a group of thoughts. Ego is a state of consciousness.

You can have an egoless state of consciousness with plenty of thoughts arising. Or you can have an egoic state of consciousness with no thoughts arising.

6 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

You can have an egoless state of consciousness with plenty of thoughts arising. 

Indeed and for those trying to awaken quieting the egoic mind into pure Actuality may ignite such mystical states.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

It's also seeing through the conditioning that gives rise to these thoughts.

It's not necessarily that thoughts need to change or stop, they're just no longer entertained or bought into. ❤

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

9 hours ago, The0Self said:

God is just a label for all there is. It's an unfounded assumption to say you're other than all there is. Thinking you are God can certainly be an egoic delusion, but there's a way for which knowing you're God is anything but that. In fact, when the nature of God is fully seen, the ego is nowhere to be found -- at least not as an entity that could be confused for something real.

Put this way then of course I’m god why wouldn’t I be?

Aka, something tells me this definition of god Is not the definition op had in mind