Antor8188

Isnt thinking that you are god a form of ego as well?

79 posts in this topic

Isnt it a form  of ego If i think i am god and i am the whole universe? I am saying this because although i dont perceive myself as an individual human being with physical and mental characteristics, i still perceive myself to be something which is the entire universe. 

@Antor8188 yes. you're right. it IS a form of ego if one thinks this.

that's why you must go beyond thinking and KNOW it to be so.

thinking is a belief. KNOWING is direct and beyond ego. 

Love Is The Answer
www.instagram.com/ev3rSunny

5 minutes ago, SoonHei said:

@Antor8188 yes. you're right. it IS a form of ego if one thinks this.

that's why you must go beyond thinking and KNOW it to be so.

thinking is a belief. KNOWING is direct and beyond ego. 

What's the differece between knowing and thinking you know?

thinking is a belief/concept/idea.

knowing is direct - with senses and in some cases, beyond senses even, like the fact you know that you exist. 

you may think that the earth is flat and you may think that the earth is round... both will work. both are valid...

but when you go in the space and look at the earth from far enough, you will KNOW that the earth is round.

Love Is The Answer
www.instagram.com/ev3rSunny

18 minutes ago, SoonHei said:

in some cases, beyond senses even, like the fact you know that you exist. 

What exactly is beyond senses? How do you know you exist if it's not something you can sense?

It is ego to think you are not God.

The ego thinks that by acting humble it is being truthful, but the opposite is the case.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura

9 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

It is ego to think you are not God.

The ego thinks that by acting humble it is being truthful, but the opposite is the case.

The word God has too many religious qualities. Most people won’t understand what you just said there.

Edited by Red-White-Light

1 minute ago, Red-White-Light said:

@Leo Gura

The word God has too many religious qualities. Most people won’t understand what you just said there.

It doesn't matter...

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

@abrakamowse It might not matter for you, but it matters for someone who attaches to those beliefs. 

You don’t even need to believe me on this; make your own observations.

@Red-White-Light They might need to be attached to them right now.

He/She has to learn how not to get attached.

That's how it works.

^_^

Edited by abrakamowse

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?

@abrakamowse But my point is that saying you are God to someone’s ego isn’t the same as saying you are God to someone who is conscious of what God is. It’s not even worth saying you are God to someone who has had previous awakening experiences. Only when you’re entirely conscious that you’re God is it worth hearing that you’re God.

14 minutes ago, Red-White-Light said:

@Leo Gura

Most people don't understand what time is. They still use the term.

Truth will always be deeply misunderstood by the masses. I am not going to water down what I say for the stupid.

This is advanced work that requires seriousness. You guys are way too unserious, treating this like elementary school. This is like advanced graduate level course work at MIT.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

2 hours ago, Antor8188 said:

Isnt it a form  of ego If i think i am god and i am the whole universe? 

It depends on the relationship with "I" and "God". 

If I say "I am intelligent and you are not" - we could consider that egoic - since it is a separate self saying I am a thing and you are not that thing. Yet if by "I" we mean everything, that is a different context. Now we are saying "I am intelligence as is everything, including you". Here, intelligence could be seen as one giant holistic mind in which you, me and everyone is within. 

@Red-White-Light I don't mind, because they are me... they are just confused. Until they learn...

;)

You aren't a noun, you're a verb, an activity, or not even that. The line from the song "are we human or are we dancer" finally makes sense to me now. Whenever anyone tells you you're something just turn it into a verb. "Me crazy? No. I'm just crazying right now." :S On second thought, yeah, maybe the monks are right and it's better to just shut up all the time. 

Edited by mandyjw

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

When Jesus said "Me and the Father are One" was he lying?

No, but look at the damage he’s done. 

Edited by Red-White-Light