okulele

The Breath (remember Hellspead?)

7 posts in this topic

So the forum I am referring to in the beginning is obviously this forum, while the man I'm mentioning is the user @Hellspeed. Enjoy the read ;)

Some time ago, on an online forum, I came across this guy who talked about awakening in very different terms than everyone else (most people on the forum were strict non-dualists). He referred to many bodily organs, and claimed that these needed to be awakened, he used a lot of archetypal and mythical imagery, and he stressed ‘the Breath’.

Yes, he talked about the Breath with a capital B, and he claimed that awakening it was the first step altogether. Clearly there was something else on his mind apart from our regular, everyday inhaling and exhaling.

Although I was fascinated by the man’s vigor and straight-forwardness, I didn’t realize what the Breath was for a long time. Now I am pretty certain I know what he was referring to, and I’d like to write about it.

The Breath is indeed the same breath that we know so well, but you could say it’s a deeper, subtler version of it. The way to find it is to make a movement inside the body. Not necessarily into any specific part of it, it’s more like every cell of the body turns on itself and goes into itself.

What happens then? The easiest way I can describe it, is that the frequency of the body drastically increases. It’s as if someone just turned up the volume on your energy, and at first it can seem overwhelming and unbearable — as if your body was going to burst from the inside. But as we relax, we see that we can let this energy move naturally, allowing it to caress our bodies, instead of inflicting pressure upon them. At this point, we might notice, that this high frequency, subtle energy movement is closely tied in with our regular, old breath. Really, it’s its deeper dimension.

This Breath gives us an access point to that deeper part of us. That also means, that as we are staying with (or more accurately - as) it, we encounter everything else that is inside us on the level. What’s down there? A hell of a lot of pleasure, and a hell of a lot of pain. Sometimes it’s not easy to tell which one of these is harder to take.

Precisely these pockets of forgotten and denied pleasure and pain are why we are not experiencing the Breath, or its dimension. We are simply afraid of them. We have stored them down there, cut ourselves off from the Breath, and forgot about the whole deal. Of course, it does not cease to exist, it constantly calls, and we might label it as ‘the subconscious’. It constantly surfaces, but since we are not willing to admit that it’s a part of us (we are actively denying it), we blame its effects on forces “outside of us”. On societal rules, other people, our own bodies, life itself. 

In reality, once we gather the courage to free our subconscious pain as well as pleasure, we quickly find, that down in the cellar of our mind, EVERYTHING is stored. Every single cause of every single happening, experience and quality that we might encounter in our lives seems to be down there. And it’s nothing more than a tightness that we ourselves are performing. 

If we decide to take the Breath, and along with it the entire reality of the subconscious, we’re in for a hell of a ride, which will eradicate every illusion, as well as grant every desire.

Use the Prayer Swat Team!

I remember him

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

12 hours ago, TripleFly said:

How?

You just kinda have to do it. It's sort of like finding a limb that you forgot you had.

You can start with breathing and finding that quality of breath, that penetrates deep into the tissues of the body. It goes into the very DEPTHS. See if that points you anywhere. Let me know!

Use the Prayer Swat Team!

Isn't that amazing how you realize something what someone was communicating many years after? Hellspeed defenetely was onto something with his posts even though his style was a little cryptic, at least to say. Remember jack-in!;)