Mesopotamian

Science Can't Be Imaginary!

48 posts in this topic

I was sitting on my sofa eating some snacks, and listening to part 3 of Leo's questioning of Science, and it all were going great and fun, while Leo roasting science and scientists, until he reaches the part where he says "All science is imaginary" I jumped out my sofa screaming "Fuck you sir, SCIENCE IS REAL!"

And I came to write my experience, oh boy, it really hurts my mind, it hurts a lot to just hear anyone says science is imaginary, and yes I haven't done a scientific experiment in the lab, but it hurts, it hurts really bad. I have strong urge to deny that statement just because it hurts to start contemplating it.

Nevertheless, I feel lucky to be able to receive this gift of shared idea and I think that to know is better than ignorance, at least this idea is real or is it?

6 minutes ago, Mesopotamian said:

I feel lucky to be able to receive this gift of shared idea

It ain't no idea, it's real as fuck, as real as can get. 

7 minutes ago, Mesopotamian said:

I think that to know is better than ignorance

Knowing that you know nothing is true wisdom. 

14 minutes ago, Mesopotamian said:

"Fuck you sir, SCIENCE IS REAL!"

And I came to write my experience, oh boy, it really hurts my mind, it hurts a lot to just hear anyone says science is imaginary, and yes I haven't done a scientific experiment in the lab, but it hurts, it hurts really bad. I have strong urge to deny that statement just because it hurts to start contemplating it.

Now you understand exactly how religious people feel.

It's all fun and games until your realize that what you considered rock solid reality was just a fantasy of yours.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura I don't consider science to be imaginary. science is real, but the quality of science we make depends on our understanding of reality. what exactly is imaginary? I agree science can't fulfill to understand the nature of reality, and religion is needed to complete it. 

@Mesopotamian

Science is another group of shadows on Plato's cave. Notice how much it keeps changing and the stuff imagined into existence continues to disappear into the sands of time.

Beautiful display of life unfolding, blossoming, and dying into Oneness. The stuff dreams are made of...

@Conscious life

It is possible to realize it all is imagined in/as the" Mind of God"... Consciousness ... whatever you wanna call it.

No thing or pre-requisite is needed for Realization. It's more like the absence of ignorance, one might say.

Perhaps, there is the imagined slog across the dreamscape to get HERE though!                                               

?

Edited by kbone

Practicing scientist here. At the end of the day, science can provide some useful schemes and relative truths that help us to improve our lives; we use it to tell interesting stories to understand relative reality. Comparatively speaking, I like to think of science as a more clever, more evolved form of imagination than religion. 

1 hour ago, Mesopotamian said:

Nevertheless, I feel lucky to be able to receive this gift of shared idea and I think that to know is better than ignorance, at least this idea is real or is it?

Good luck contemplating, @Mesopotamian

Science is imaginary. Its literally happening in your thoughts. If I tell you what science is you wont agree with me because were imagining different things. Which one is true? Heres another to consider, if you talked to Einstein in the 1930s you and him might even disagree on what science is! Supposing you could time travel.

Edited by Rilles

Dont look at me! Look inside!

I haven't checked out those videos yet, so I'm not 100% sure of Leo's basic argument. But I'd imagine it's something along the lines of the earlier chapters of the book The Universe is Virtual.

Science is an absolutely fantastic tool (by that I mean the scientific method, and the structures and procedures that accompany it) but it's often treated as more than just a tool. It's treated as the ultimate arbiter of "TRUTH." And lots of people now treat it dogmatically, like a religion that isn't to be questioned. The worst part is that a large portion of the general public is not incredibly scientifically literate or able to parse/evaluate the nuances of papers and studies.

Even a practiced scientist can't easily critique a paper from another field of science they're not well-acquainted with. So we just "trust" experts, who say what they say for lots of reasons apart from a genuine wish to express a whole truth to people. It reminds me a lot of when Christian people were illiterate and had to rely on priests or other leaders to tell them what the Bible said, and they had no way of verifying or refuting it.

I absolutely believe in science as a useful tool. I'm a researcher and I'm very familiar with the ways to employ the scientific method to answer a question, and it's a very good game to play, with rules that lead to extremely practical results. But it must be always recognized to be simply the best approximation at this time, flawed, carried out by flawed people, reflecting the values and perspectives of the people who practice it (as well as the time period, political climate, etc). It should never be treated as though it's TRUTH, which unfortunately it seems to be seen as by many!

4 hours ago, Conscious life said:

@Leo Gura I don't consider science to be imaginary.

That's cause you haven't become conscious that it is.

You guys do not appreciate the depth of what I said about science. You still basically believe in science.

Well, if you had experience of oneness, you would understand. 

But... You don't even need that. 

You can notice the nature of science even from a human perspective. Science is just a label, a mental description of a collection of activities and texts and lectures. Science is the same as philosophy, human imagination and mental talk. 

The material products of science are just gadgets and activities resulted from mental speculation.

And at the end it is just perception. Even going to the doctor is just perception. Using a computer is just sight and touch. 

Inquire in the now.

Feeling is the truest knowing ?️

Nothing is real! My ego identity and body isn't real! You're not real!

We're all an illusion, the world is an illusion, and science is an illusion. It's a trick that I, as God, have played on myself to believe that all of this is real, but in actuality I am only ever interacting with myself. You are me, I am you, and everything I ever experience during this perceived "lifetime" is all just an imaginary show I've made for myself. All the other people are just me--and the animals, plants, inanimate objects, too. And the "me" that I'm talking about isn't even ME, as an individual ego, but all egos. And that individual ego, which I inhabit and from which I currently speak, is certainly no more important or powerful than any of the other manifestations of consciousness, i.e., literally everything.

All of this is Truth. But what do you DO with that information? The plain fact is that for as long as I experience this "lifetime," I am essentially confined to this viewpoint and this ego. I may experience moments of transcendence via psychedelics, meditation, or other mystical experiences, but I am not naive enough to think that there is a point at which I, working within my individual ego perspective, will ever be the catalyst for making ALL of consciousness transcend itself and return to oneness.

Nor do I believe that should be the goal of my life or my spiritual journey. In all honesty, I believe the universe is ALWAYS at the same time in a state of total oneness and total fracture. So it's already total oneness. There's nothing for me TO DO, really. Everything is already perfect, and I continue as God to create and destroy the oneness perpetually, as I do.

But then, what to do with my "lifetime"? I find great pleasure in PLAYING. This is all a game that I play inside my ego perspective, sometimes with moments that seem very real and very frightening--especially injuries, poverty, and other crises. But when I can see outside that perspective, it's SO MUCH FUN to play. It's my own lucid dream playground to do with whatever I wish. And I have an affinity for seeking knowledge--it's one of the most satisfying games I've found!

Science is a game too, and it's not real, and I made it all up, and I'll continue to do so. But I love to teach myself, to talk to myself, to explain things to myself, to inspire the limited "ego perspective" that I've inhabited and make her feel dazzled by new levels of understanding. And then I smash them all to bits again, and laugh in my own face because I know nothing. This is what I call pure joy!

9 minutes ago, clararockmore said:

But what do you DO with that information?

It's not information!

You must AWAKEN, not just think about it. Thinking about sex is not sex. Thinking about awakening is not awakening.

Science is not real. And any amount of information can't convince you of this. It's only self reflection and awakening and some slappening that gets you to such awakening. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

That's cause you haven't become conscious that it is.

You guys do not appreciate the depth of what I said about science. You still basically believe in science.

@Leo Gura Isn't Quantum physics at least going in the right direction? 

7 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

It's all fun and games until your realize that what you considered rock solid reality was just a fantasy of yours.

Tfw your rock solid reality is stripped away from you twice with both religion and science. 

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.