Leo Gura

Good Exposé Of Jordan Peterson

135 posts in this topic

27 minutes ago, Zak said:

How would you differentiate shadow from ego?

Easy. Shadow is sorta just the inverse of ego. Anything you think that isn't you and should not exist.

For example, if you think rapists should not exist, that's your shadow. You fail to accept that you are all the rapists in the world. This denial of rape is ego. It comes from fear, not Love.

If you were infinitely conscious you would realize and accept that you are a rapist, thereby healing the division between you and the rapey part of reality. The rapey part of reality is your shadow. It's that part of yourself which you have disowned in order to maintain an ego.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

13 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Easy. Shadow is sorta just the inverse of ego. Anything you think that isn't you and should not exist.

For example, if you think rapists should not exist, that's your shadow. You fail to accept that you are all the rapists in the world. This denial of rape is ego. It comes from fear, not Love.

If you were infinitely conscious you would realize and accept that you are a rapist, thereby healing the division between you and the rapey part of reality. The rapey part of reality is your shadow. It's that part of yourself which you have disowned in order to maintain an ego.

Thanks for the elaboration, the concept was a bit hazy and in need of more examples. @Leo Gura

Yeah.... of all the people of thr world you picked Hasan. Sure. The political couch entertainment youtubers.

On the other hand, shout out to Destiny who is trying to bring people together and change minor laws, altho he fits in the same category.

I will agree that debates, exposees on people do initiate some change of perspective for people's minds over a long time, but in terms of action list to enrich other peoples lives it is the bottom of the list, close to "Do nothing".

I would ask myself - what is the most meaningful thing I can do to contribute to the world and solving actual problems in our society? This entertaiment exposees and debates certainly wont do, even if they appear to do so.

As if you are watching Hasan (certainly not a direct criticism to you Leo), you are probably interested in how many girls confess to him wanting sex with him on youtube/twitch.

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

It's very simple: anything you don't like in the Universe and that you think isn't you, is your shadow.

So if you don't like JP, he is your shadow? :) 

His work in the 90's is superior to anything he has produced recently. If you want a real expose of his thinking, I suggest watching his lectures at Harvard when he was young. Old age makes everyone conservative. 

13 minutes ago, JosephKnecht said:

So if you don't like JP, he is your shadow?

If you are deluded enough to not realize that JP is you, then yes.

Like I said before, from the absolute perspective all criticism of reality is delusion. In a sense, any time you criticize anyone you are being delusional.

36 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

If you are deluded enough to not realize that JP is you, then yes.

Like I said before, from the absolute perspective all criticism of reality is delusion. In a sense, any time you criticize anyone you are being delusional.

*When a psychiatrist who treats people for delusions is being delusional*

STolLU9B.jpg

12 minutes ago, thibault said:

When a psychiatrist who treats people

All psychiatrists are deluded. Otherwise they wouldn't be psychiatrists, they'd be enlightened masters.

I know a therapist who is trying to help a substance addiction councilor to overcome her addiction to substances. The substance abuse councilor takes 100+ mg THC daily in secret and is a mess. She is high as she councils her clients how to overcome their addictions. An entangled network of Maya. 

What about Dr. Alok Kanojia ? More of a psychiatrist or more of an enlightened master ?

I know a guy who keeps telling everyone to clean their own room before trying to change the world, but his own room is a mess :P

@Leo Gura that's jordan peterson. He keeps telling everyone to be in order mentally, but he's not mentally stable himself. I like to listen to him talk about shit though

Edited by charlie cho

JP is one of those people you have to take with a grain of salt. He has very helpful and pragmatic things to say but a lot of ideology too that people can get lost in. 

@Zega

19 hours ago, Zega said:

JP is one of those people you have to take with a grain of salt. He has very helpful and pragmatic things to say but a lot of ideology too that people can get lost in. 

He's very useful in so far psychology is a concern for you, but anything outside psychological lectures like politics isn't too insightful. I do like his approach to shadow work, as it's a nice spiral towards integrating shadow parts. A straight free fall would utterly break my mind apart.

This thing 

4psrs3.jpg

4psrsw.jpg

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

People who talk smack about Peterson never give an alternative option to him. At least he reaches out to incels and tries to help them out. People find his books very helpful. Personally I don't have to agree on everything to learn something from him. He helped a lot incels get out of their cave and start a family. In a sense I think his stuff could help incels more than actualized stuff.

Edited by StarStruck

In Tate we trust

36 minutes ago, StarStruck said:

People who talk smack about Peterson never give an alternative option to him. At least he reaches out to incels and tries to help them out. People find his books very helpful. Personally I don't have to agree on everything to learn something from him. He helped a lot incels get out of their cave and start a family. In a sense I think his stuff could help incels more than actualized stuff.

Dude, there are so many better alternatives to JP that it's hard to know where to start listing them.

Literally walk into any bookstore, ask for the self-help aisle, pick any random self-help book from the shelf and it will be better than listening to JP.

The people who are awed by JP have simply never read any self-help authors or teachers.

45 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Dude, there are so many better alternatives to JP that it's hard to know where to start listing them.

Literally walk into any bookstore, ask for the self-help aisle, pick any random self-help book from the shelf and it will be better than listening to JP.

The people who are awed by JP have simply never read any self-help authors or teachers.

I think most incels don't want books.  They want a guru. Somebody that is "on their side". Emotional support more than anything else. 

Edited by StarStruck

In Tate we trust

dafuq did I just watch ? this animation is golden

🗣️🗯️  personal dev Log Lyfe Journal 🗿🎭 ~ Raw , Emotional, Unfiltered

Hi everyone, this is my first comment/post on this forum...

I don't really know what to say except CHILL OUT!! why all of this anger?

And why is this guy "HasanAbi" is acting as if JP killed his loved ones or something???

Get whatever good apples you need and leave the tree alone.

Why would you think that your perspective is any better than another perspective?