Leo Gura

Good Exposé Of Jordan Peterson

135 posts in this topic

This JP guy gets so much unnecessary publicity though. 

Not trying to be jealous 

But isn't there anyone to replace this guy quickly? 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

1 hour ago, Godhead said:

How to be a public intellectual:

1. Have the moral values of the average joe.

2. Present those moral values in a smart-sounding way.

All a person needs to convince a huge amount of people is to be good at talking and manipulation. The actual content/meaning of what is said doesn't matter.

Another example is of course Trump.

And crazy conspiracy theorists like David Icke, etc.

People are so stupid..

Edited by Blackhawk

The way to gain a mass following is either by catering to fear or love.

And JP doesn't exactly exude love ;)

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

3 hours ago, Blackhawk said:

People are so stupid..

People don't like thinking for themselves. Being subordinate to a leader is an easy way out of this dilemma.

On 12/4/2020 at 3:00 PM, Forestluv said:

I see each of their views as having both value and problems. Zooming in and zooming out can each have value, yet using the wrong resolution for a given situation can be lead to incorrect conclusions. 

It’s like different resolution of maps - each map resolution has both value and traps. If someone only has a map of Detroit and are making conclusions about U.S. - Central American relations, that is problematic. Yet if someone is making conclusions about traffic in Detroit based on maps of the North American continent, that is also problematic.

Most minds tend to get contracted and stuck within a small map. That is why nearly every model of cognitive development has meta cognition at a higher stage. Minds contracted within small maps cannot go metacog and see the bigger map. Minds with big map awareness, can zoom into small maps, yet sometimes they can do it very well - yet they can do it to some extent.

I like your analogy and I think it makes a valid point.  

However, I would still contend that Deepak definitely has had an issue with how he communicates.  Even someone like me, who is very open minded to spiritual ideas and concepts, understand why Dawkins perceived him in the way he did.  Deepak consciously chose to obfuscate his idea's with his use of language.  In addition to that he borrowed and used terms from science and used them in out of context ways.  See his infamous use of the word 'quantum' if you want an example.  If I was teaching you how to use a toaster and I did it in biblical language it would raise your eyebrow, no?  

Obviously he could have been genuine in his use of language, but either way, in my opinion Deepak definitely was not completely innocent.  At best he communicated poorly, at worst he is a disingenuous manipulative hack.  Which considering of how many hacks their are in the world the safe assumption is that he is a complete hack.  

19 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

The way to gain a mass following is either by catering to fear or love.

And JP doesn't exactly exude love ;)

He exudes love if you're an angry young man with conservative leanings.  It's a shame though how he treated queer people.  They need love too, young people need love in general.  Instead he treated them with disdain and I think that was the biggest mistake he made.  

I'd say he exudes more the vibe of a sandy vagina :P

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

I'd say he exudes more the vibe of a sandy vagina :P

Lol ya, he reminds me of a lot of my friends dads when I was a kid.  Shame he dug his heels in so much when get got attacked by the left.  I think it would have gone a long way to extend somewhat of an olive branch even if he disagreed on certain issues.  He didn't do himself many favors in his contentious relationship with leftists.  

3 minutes ago, Heart of Space said:

Shame he dug his heels in so much when get got attacked by the left.  I think it would have gone a long way to extend somewhat of an olive branch even if he disagreed on certain issues.  

If it wasn’t for those mean LGBTQ college kids, JP would be swimming in Turquoise by now. 

7 minutes ago, Forestluv said:

If it wasn’t for those mean LGBTQ college kids, JP would be swimming in Turquoise by now. 

If it wasn't for women, JP would have been God by now? 

10 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

If it wasn't for women, JP would have been God by now? 

Well, of course, women ruin everything.  It goes without saying.  

5 minutes ago, Heart of Space said:

Well, of course, women ruin everything.  It goes without saying.  

Wow.. 

It looks like he is beginning to accept Stage Green.

He just posted a video demonstration of Breathing techniques to his main channel.

35 minutes ago, Brittany said:

It looks like he is beginning to accept Stage Green.

He just posted a video demonstration of Breathing techniques to his main channel.

Peterson isn't really a stranger to alternative treatments considering he is on the carnivore diet.

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

JP seems fairly open-minded on different practices such as psychedelics, breathing, diet. His heavy anchors are with the cultural stuff. 

That stage Blue conservative Christian value set is lodged deep in this psyche and colors his whole worldview.

Isn't he Jewish? 

4 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

Isn't he Jewish? 

nope,  sam harris and the weinstein brothers have jewish heritage in this "intellectual dark web"avengers group