Leo Gura

Good Exposé Of Jordan Peterson

135 posts in this topic

Hasan does a great job of exposing JP's bad political takes:

Many people who listen to JP's psychological lectures and talks never see the sum total of his regressive stage Blue political positions, and so they are slowly indoctrinated into it over time without even realizing it.

This is why JP fans often say, "What wrong with JP? He helped me!"

Yes, he helped you, but he also indoctrinated you with stage Blue ideology and demonized stage Green. And you don't even realize it because he sounds academic and intelligent.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Thank you. Very much needed. This guy's been bullshitting the public for God knows how long. 

Yes yes that Jordan guy. Him. 

Edited by Preety_India

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

4 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Yes, he helped you, but he also indoctrinated you with stage Blue ideology and demonized stage Green. And you don't even realize it.

So so true. Love your analysis. This is so needed. Many people have been blinded. 

Thank you for bringing up. 

OMG now I understand................

Wtf Jordan Peterson tricked me with his academic language LOL I feel so fucking stupid

I never was a follower but I didn't see whats wrong with him but now I see haha it's actually fucking obvious

The point about rambling on without making a clear point really got to me. 

I used to listen to that shit at 3am smoking weed thinking I was doing "self help".

From now on I will always just close the self - help video if I notice there is no clear useful points being made after 5 minutes. Even if its a vid of Leo's, as no one is perfect, there must be a point to the info I consume. 

Also - I have made the decision to avoid politics entirely from now on. Otherwise I might develop some messed up opinions. 

I say this because from my POV - I don't care about politics, but I also don't want to be on the wrong side of it either. I just want to improve my life and then help others, I don't think politics should be for everyone, definitely not 1 of my interests.

Having said that, I still do have a desire to help others. Just don't like politics 

24 minutes ago, Striving for more said:

Just don't like politics 

Why not? 

@Opo

It makes me feel really really out of the present moment & I don't like the defensiveness & debating and arguments. 

11 minutes ago, Striving for more said:

What do you think about J.P's popularization of the notion of IQ & general cognitive ability & it's strong influence on life success, basically saying that IQ predicts very strongly how people will fair in life.

IQ is nothing without EQ. And even this perspective is limited. Intelligence is much more than these 2 Q's.

Edited by Loving Radiance

Life Purpose journey

Presence. Goodness. Grace. Love.

A few points:

1)  Criticizing someone for using a prescribed psychiatric drug to help them cope with their wife's death is a low blow.  Even if you preface it with all the information.  I don't know if Hasan did this, I've just seen people do it quite a bit now.   

2)  You could also make a long montage highlighting the good things he's said as well.  He does say a lot of really good things in regards to living a good life and self improving in general.  

3)  He does grift to the right, but I think part of that has always been because that's where a lot of his audience is.  Which is a bunch of men who are young incel Trump voters, who badly need to hear the message of self improvement.  These types of guys wouldn't listen to any self-help person otherwise.  

All that being said, he does clearly have a lot of bad conservative opinions and that shouldn't be ignored.  I just think the guy has given a positive avenue for a lot of young conservative minded men to self-improve and become better people.  

6 minutes ago, Heart of Space said:

A few points:

1)  Criticizing someone for using a prescribed psychiatric drug to help them cope with their wife's death is a low blow.  Even if you preface it with all the information.  I don't know if Hasan did this, I've just seen people do it quite a bit now. 

No serious person criticizes JP for that.

2)  You could also make a long montage highlighting the good things he's said as well.  He does say a lot of really good things in regards to living a good life and self improving in general.

Politically he hasn't said much good.

No one really argues with this psychology lectures. The issue is that he sneaks stage Blue politics into his academic work.

Imagine if I taught you enlightenment and self-help but also sneaked in pro-Nazi political ideology. You would be correct in creating a montage of that and calling me out on it.

It wasn’t really obvious to me that this man was hiding so much bullshit behind his lectures until I dropped the need to listen to them. It was nice trying to work on the principles that he put, and it does get you somewhere when you are in a state of depression and don’t know how to act about it. His psychological lectures Id say are even better than Leo’s in some sense just because he employees some acting skills to help dive his point non the less it’s all bullshit :D

the main idea I got was that I was the one who was considered about me and wanted to uplift me. it was NOT the -although convincing- act of a “loving father” that JP was trying to sell. 
I know a zen teacher who gives x10 better advice I that helps you in dealing with depression and all her teachings are about self-love.

Man, I got to the part where Hasan makes some vague connection to JP's beliefs and the Nazi ideology and I had to stop watching.  Nothing has made me cringe harder than when Vaush, or another leftist makes some vague connection from Nazism to american right wing ideology outside of actual white nationalists or some other group.  

He makes some good points up until then.  But then he starts talking about how JP is using a dog whistle, which is his way of basically saying that JP is secretly a Nazi espousing Nazi beliefs, but doing it in just enough of a vague way it doesn't look too suspicious.  I've heard Vaush use the same terminology against other right wing people.  Not everyone who's right wing is a death cultist racist nazi.  I'm a leftist generally speaking, but I'm getting sick of hearing this criticism.   

40 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Politically he hasn't said much good.

No one really argues with this psychology lectures. The issue is that he sneaks stage Blue politics into his academic work.

Imagine if I taught you enlightenment and self-help but also sneaked in pro-Nazi political ideology. You would be correct in creating a montage of that and calling me out on it.

Your point is definitely valid.  I have a bit of a soft spot for JP.   

37 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

The issue is that he sneaks stage Blue politics into his academic work.

Who do you think is supposed to evolve Red Trump supporters into blue? You need a conservative voice to talk to conservative people, otherwise, the conservatives would never evolve. And If half of the US voted for Trump, that means that there is still a lot of red in the US, so going to blue is a step forward. :) 

Peterson has said some outlandish things, but in total his work has been beneficial to society. I judge a character by the totality of their work, not by some snippets, taken out of context and caricatured with a mocking voice. 

Umm no. Going blue is not much of a difference for a stage Red audience if the blue is tailored to help them maintain their status quo. 

Nobody said there is a problem with his psychology lectures. His psychology lectures are okay. But his political doctrine is not. 

He is always injecting his agenda into his political statements that are not helpful for the American youth, but rather dangerous. He tries to demonize the left by making them look insignificant and diminutive yet I feel that he puts a lot of personal biases into his political ideology and this is dangerous to American society. 

1 hour ago, Heart of Space said:

Man, I got to the part where Hasan makes some vague connection to JP's beliefs and the Nazi ideology and I had to stop watching.  Nothing has made me cringe harder than when Vaush, or another leftist makes some vague connection from Nazism to american right wing ideology outside of actual white nationalists or some other group.  

He makes some good points up until then.  But then he starts talking about how JP is using a dog whistle, which is his way of basically saying that JP is secretly a Nazi espousing Nazi beliefs, but doing it in just enough of a vague way it doesn't look too suspicious.  I've heard Vaush use the same terminology against other right wing people.  Not everyone who's right wing is a death cultist racist nazi.  I'm a leftist generally speaking, but I'm getting sick of hearing this criticism.   

Your point is definitely valid.  I have a bit of a soft spot for JP.   

that's really a huge issue on the left imo

calling people nazis or hitler, so silly and such a turn off imo

i mean i might be deluded and they might be right, but i don't really see it most of the time or maybe i don't know enough about history

and i' coming from the left too, getting more "centered" as i get older though because of such things and others

@Heart of Space "Cultural Marxism" is an anti-semetic conspiracy theory. Wikipedia it and learn its history.

That's all Hasan was saying. He was not saying JP is a Nazi, just that he fear-mongers with this outdated Red Scare propaganda.

The whole thing that the left calls everyone a nazi is so over the top. 

Well don't spread nazi type ideas if you don't want to be called one. 

People say bigoted things but when the Left lashes back with a big roar, they instantly begin to play victim. 

You can't have your cake and eat it too. ;)