mmKay

"Stop the EU migration pact, save EUROPE"

48 posts in this topic

@Preety_India Hm. It is, in part.

But do you see how mass immigration and diversity to the point of minimal overlap activates dormant/sleeper ethno-nationalism in people, many of whom are not right wingers ? Right wing motives are a result/effect of this, not a creator. They serve more as an amplifier, not a generator. I feel like many left wingers put the horse before the cart when it comes to this question.

I'll watch the video anyway, Vaush can have good points at times.

11 hours ago, Preety_India said:

@Yog  it has nothing to do with mass immigration, legal immigration refugees, or integration. It's all about ethnonationalism. Watch Carl Benjamin discussion with Vaush 

Vaush exposes right wing motives. 

Yes yes, it it always because of racism, there just can't be any other reasons, everyone is racists and so on, everything is fine, there are no problems beside it. 

Only thing Vaush can expose is how stupid he is, he should go out of his house once in a while. 

Edited by Claymoree

Hard to say what should be weighted more; The flexibility of each country to decide how many immigrants they want to take in or the power of commitment from all the countries together. Chances are that some countries wont be able to handle the increased inflow of people, which could in turn and over time create a situation like we have seen in Sweden. At the same time, chances also are that countries which by now is not doing anywhere near what they could do, will be obligated to take care of way more immigrants and also be able to integrate them. 

11 hours ago, mmKay said:

SO this is still going on. Thoughts?

https://www.saveurope.eu/

I don't get it. 10k signatures and "they" stop immigration. Is that the deal lol.

it looks to me, that in order for something like this to succeed, you'll need to get humongous amount of signatures per country.

Something in the scope of a referendum. Which will ofc need some heavy marketing and cash.

Or am i missing something and being stupid ?

Whats to get? Its far-right propaganda, Im surprised Leo hasnt locked this already.

Dont look at me! Look inside!

@Preety_India

On 30.11.2020 at 10:10 PM, Preety_India said:

I don't think migration is as big a deal as it is made out to be. 

Paranoia of the masses. Maybe they don't have better things to focus on 

Bad feelings towards immigrants usually result from plain racism and has little to do with fear of losing cultural identity. 

A few million migrants and immigrants is not going to make any difference. 

It's literally insane level of ethno nationalism that is growing in the West. Reminds me of the Third Reich. 

It's closed minded, low consciousness and Stage Blue mentality gone amok. 

I predict a second peak in Nazism in Europe in the coming decades. 

Hogwash 

Who else is stoking these anti-people fears and paranoia other than the paranoid Right wing media?

That's just such a naive and inappropriate position, sorry. I live in Germany and since 2015 we took almost 2 million refugees.

And it makes a difference, I can tell you that.

When around 2% of the population more or less suddenly consists of completely foreign cultures which completely different values, it influences society on many, many levels, it also influences politics, both left and right, it influences the economy, etc. Even a country as stable and rich as Germany is troubled by something like that. 

On 30.11.2020 at 10:10 PM, Preety_India said:

Reminds me of the Third Reich.

Well then I strongly suggest you educate yourself on the 3rd Reich a bit more. You can't compare it with today's nationalists, that's grossly inflationary. Actual Nazis as they lived 80 years ago were absolutely ready and eager to kill and annihilate anybody who didn't fit their NS raciology. That's not how your average nationalist of 2021 who rants about foreigners while drinking at his local pub thinks. These people aren't even close to Nazis.

I can only agree with those here who emphasized that it's a very complex topic, because it really is a big deal.

On 1.12.2020 at 8:20 AM, Yog said:

This was an alright watch. It also looks fairly unbiased.

What is for you "fairy unbiased"? Do you find it´s ok to interview and broadcast the racists?

RT (Russia Today) moves constantly the limits of what is acceptable in out society and what is not. For me racism is not acceptible and no way unbiased.