Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Amaal

There is no one out there,!

29 posts in this topic

Hello, I hope you are all doing well.

I have a point I feel the need to discuss it with you guys.

After I watched Leo's video yesterday, I was sitting with myself contemplating for a while, and suddenly it hits me, it was like if something external planted this idea in my mind with such a clarity and an overwhelming feeling that says (this is the truth).

I always knew it "conceptually" but never take it seriously, I mean it never affects my day-to-day life.

It's this idea of (other people don't really exist, there is no one but you, every one in "your world" is essentially you and not separate from you, all other people is merely an allusion from your imagination.. etc.)

This is a little bit (hard to digest) idea, but it felt so "true" that it scared me a little.

I suddenly felt overwhelmed and so "lonely". I slept with my sister and I kept looking at her and thinking "is she real?" "is she even here right now?" lol.

I am on a spiritual quest myself for 5 years now, I am familiar with all "new age" concepts, I have read dozens of books the past 6 years and I still encounter this idea a lot, specially the sentence "There is no one out there." and that there is "one consciousness and each of us experience it subjectively", but like I said something inside me didn't want to "investigate" it further.

can you guys elaborate on it please? 

can anyone share their "experience"? or is it merely a "mental" notion?

I really don't know what to say, I'm confused. with a tiny sense of "freedom". :P

I would appreciate it if you share different perspectives here.

Thank you, and stay safe

Sorry.. Just had to..xD I struggle with this too.. I dont want to let go of the idea of "others". :( 

Edited by Rilles

Dont look at me! Look inside!

Well i know the feeling, I had this insight multiple times now and it is hard to deny that u are all alone.. I know it aint easy to deal with but in my own radical experiences i have noticed that there is only YOU..

I dont know why i really respond to this cause i know i am only talking with myself

Let thy speech be better then silence, or be silent.

- Pseudo-dionysius 

@Amaal I just made a thread addressing this issue exactly. 

Check it out. Hope you find it helpful. 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

@Amaal

Welcome to the forum!

51 minutes ago, Amaal said:

I suddenly felt overwhelmed and so "lonely". I slept with my sister and I kept looking at her and thinking "is she real?" "is she even here right now?" lol.

Look at it from a different angle: you are not alone, you are everything. Your sister is as "real" as you. There is no other place but here&now :D  

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x

48 minutes ago, Amaal said:

every one in "your world" is essentially you and not separate from you,

"Not separate from anything" is Love beyond any personal experience (object to object) love, it is a Divine Impersonal Love.
'I" alone Am, is Ultimate Freedom. Limitless,boundless Freedom not confined to the limitation and  deep rooted belief of being just a physical body. The experience of being inside and simultaneously outside the body ( a metaphor would be like the empty space inside the cup, is also the empty space outside the cup). is not something that can really be articulated in words. :S

Edited by Guru Fat Bastard

@Amaal This is a matter of perspective only. From an absolute perspective separation doesn't exist out there or anywhere (non-duality). The separation only arises as a thought or appearance in awareness.

For example from one perspective the hand has fingers and a palm, from another it is a whole hand (+arm +body). Only thought creates the separation.

All stories and explanations are false.

Infinite Boundless Energy can also seem to be localized and appear as a separate 'ME' within the body.

There's nothing right or wrong with that experience, its just what apparently seems to happen.

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

Welcome, @Amaal :)

This insight is a step toward a greater realization.

Have you considered that your sister may be as real, or as unreal, as you? If that is true, what does it say about your essential nature, and the essential nature of your sister? What do you have in common, and what is different?

When you withdraw the senses, and see spiritually, you realize the connectedness of everything. Not only between you and your sister, but between you and the tree outside your window, between you and the sun, and even between you and the chair you are sitting on. It is all the same Consciousness, manifested through different forms.

You are Consciousness, expressed through the transient personality of your self. Your sister is the same Consciousness, expressed through the transient personality of her self. We are all the same Consciousness, expressed through infinitely diverse forms. ?

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

3 hours ago, Rilles said:

Sorry.. Just had to..xD I struggle with this too.. I dont want to let go of the idea of "others". :( 

This is not helping at allxD

I love pink floyd, each song is like a "therapy session". 

The idea is little bit radical but at the same time I feel a huge sense of "relief" and liberation to hold such an idea.

3 hours ago, Adamq8 said:

Well i know the feeling, I had this insight multiple times now and it is hard to deny that u are all alone.. I know it aint easy to deal with but in my own radical experiences i have noticed that there is only YOU..

I dont know why i really respond to this cause i know i am only talking with myself

So I am YOU replying to myself, and YOU are ME talking to yourself ?

well, I hope I don't wind up in a mental institution 

I see "nihilistic" and "positive" perspectives to it.. if all if this is ME imagining or "dreaming" the whole thing, it means "nothing matters".  Appearances, self image, social life anxieties.. etc. Psychologically speaking, You feel a burden left your shoulders.  This is the good part, the nihilistic part is that if all of those beings are nothing but a construct of my mind and merely "actors" in my dream then (nothing matters, but in a depressing way). for example, why bother having a relationship with another if the other person is merely a puppet and will act only based on my assumptions and beliefs? there is no taste in it, like he doesn't actually love me, I love ME, he doesn't actually have this brilliant mind, it's just me having a conversation with myself.. etc. There is a sense of "faking", and no sense of passion 

3 hours ago, Someone here said:

@Amaal I just made a thread addressing this issue exactly. 

Check it out. Hope you find it helpful. 

very nice explanation. thank you for sharing it 

I'm trying to "intellectualize" it and I think it's something beyond the understanding of the mind.

But I was thinking something similar to your explanation here, that everyone living in his own bubble, and everyone is the infinite consciousness and "everything" in his own dream. It's like there is one absolute experiencing itself from infinite numbers of "perspectives" . I don't know how to communicate it but it's like there is one "I AM", one "Son of God", and each of us as "consciousness" experiencing itself in its own dream or its own "mental construct".

Is that close? 

2 hours ago, allislove said:

@Amaal

Welcome to the forum!

Look at it from a different angle: you are not alone, you are everything. 

Thanks.

"Everything" in this context seems like a "denial" state of being "alone" 

2 hours ago, Guru Fat Bastard said:

is not something that can really be articulated in words. :S

exactly, I feel just that 

57 minutes ago, LastThursday said:

@Amaal This is a matter of perspective only. From an absolute perspective separation doesn't exist out there or anywhere (non-duality). The separation only arises as a thought or appearance in awareness.

I get your point. but the question remains do other beings that I see and interact with have their own minds and thoughts ? or that ALL of this is just ME imagining them?

This idea reminds me of the law of assumption (aka law of attraction) that says every single person in your universe is (YOU pushed out) and they well show up playing the "role" you assigned to them. I tried it "intentionally" few times and they blow my mind. I would assume and imagine a specific person tells me a specific thing and they text me the exact same words shortly after! 

There is a huge thing falling apart, a story came to an end, something like that

1 hour ago, VeganAwake said:

Infinite Boundless Energy can also seem to be localized and appear as a separate 'ME' within the body.

There's nothing right or wrong with that experience, its just what apparently seems to happen.

6 minutes ago, Moksha said:

Welcome, @Amaal :)

This insight is a step toward a greater realization.

Have you considered that your sister may be as real, or as unreal, as you? If that is true, what does it say about your essential nature, and the essential nature of your sister? What do you have in common, and what is different?

When you withdraw the senses, and see spiritually, you realize the connectedness of everything. Not only between you and your sister, but between you and the tree outside your window, between you and the sun, and even between you and the chair you are sitting on. It is all the same Consciousness, manifested through different forms.

You are Consciousness, expressed through the transient personality of your self. Your sister is the same Consciousness, expressed through the transient personality of her self. We are all the same Consciousness, expressed through infinitely diverse forms. ?

Thank you both.

Yes I get this, It's the "basic" knowledge in any spiritual quest. I know we are all ONE and I had several "dreams" of this nature.

I mean the "illusion" of the seemingly separate people out there, for example, do they exist, think and act "independently" from you?

When the activity of mind is brought to rest, there is an eternal deafening silence heard by no one. Until, there is still the “me”, the activity of nothing, the game, the “illusion” of yourself. Consciousness veils itself being mind, but infinite can never know finite.

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

In philosophy, it's called solipsism.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solipsism

And of course, it's bullshit. It is one of the mind's final tricks before it totally surrenders to groundlessness/not-knowing.

If you have no confidence in yourself, you are twice defeated in the race of life. But with confidence you have won, even before you start.” -- Marcus Garvey

@Amaal

There are certain shapes, forms and colours that form something that you call "your sister". In that sense your "sister" is real. That label describes a particular form, shape and colour.

The only thing that is real is love, and if so, what do you have to be afraid of discovering? yourself? But it's love! You're love! And it's love! so what's left between you two?! 

Edited by TripleFly

51 minutes ago, Amaal said:

I mean the "illusion" of the seemingly separate people out there, for example, do they exist, think and act "independently" from you?

Consciousness is. Everything else, including people, is its creation. Consciousness is experiencing the dream through seemingly separate people, which are different expressions of itself. Only Consciousness has no beginning and no end. Everything else, including people, are transient expressions that inevitably have a beginning and an end.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

1 hour ago, Amaal said:

I get your point. but the question remains do other beings that I see and interact with have their own minds and thoughts ? or that ALL of this is just ME imagining them?

For practical every day purposes, yes of course.

But that's only from the perspective of separation. If you remove the separation, then there is no "you" and there are no "other beings", there is just one you/other beings entity. It's like you're the milk and they're the coffee, if you remove the separation, then it's just milky coffee.

If there is no separation, then there aren't separate minds and thoughts either. If there were then there would still be separation. But it doesn't mean there would be a mind-meld or something strange like that. Your mind and thoughts are not separate from stuff "out there" either. You mind and thoughts are the same thing as the chair you're sitting on.

Hopefully you see where it all leads.

All stories and explanations are false.

You don’t exist. Only I exist. Everyone else is just imaginary! I’m all alone.

There’s no way for me to confirm or deny the existence of others. I only knows my life and not yours. Surely that means there is no one but me!

10 minutes ago, 73809 said:

There’s no way for me to confirm or deny the existence of others. I only knows my life and not yours. Surely that means there is no one but me!

There is a way to directly confirm the sameness of Consciousness.