Vagos

Don Beck = Trump supporter ?

37 posts in this topic

Well, this struck me as pretty weird to see that a person of Don Beck's cognitive development and integral understanding would ever support the republicans but here we are:

Dr. Don Beck - 10.20.2020

For many years I have profiled the final 2 candidates for president, carefully profiling Trump vs Biden as no one else has done. In my effort to contrast the two, I have scientifically profiled both of them and their followers. I can see clearly from research, which of the 2 would be better for the United States. I have details and scientific proof to those conclusions, working with Nelson Mandela spanning 65 trips to dismantle apartheid in South Africa. For a firsthand account of this period showing how sports can create a bridge across all of society, watch the movie Invictus.  No one else knows what I know, over half a century of studying leadership in politics, religion, sports and future predictions. The evidence is clear that the Republicans, GOP candidates have better answers than the social democrats, the future of America with its traditions and understanding are at stake!!! 

The above is from the Spiral Dynamics site: spiraldynamics.net, for some reason I couldn't post the actual link but it is on the very beginning of the home page. 

I was just curious what Leo and other people had to say about this.

Politics doesn't depend on whose has better ideas 

It depends on the quality of a leader and his leadership 

So far Republicans doled out very abysmal candidates one after another like Bush and Trump. 

America did great economically under Bill Clinton, who was a Democrat. 

America will also do great under Biden, he is quite serious about his business. 

4obals.jpg

4obao4.jpg

4obamn.jpg

4obaq6.jpg

4obaph.jpg

4obaon.jpg

4oban4.jpg

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

Omg, Don Beck is cringe.

Just goes to show that SD can be misused in the hands of a Boomer.

I like that Trump is the perfect litmus test to seperate the truly conscious from the unconscious. Similar to how Hitler was a litmus test to seperate the truly good intelletuals, like Einstein, from the hacks and confromists.

It's not enough to know SD, the key is to consciously apply it with proper interpretations of the situation and awareness of one's self-biases.

Even people like Ken Wilber misapply SD and misunderstand stage Green. When it comes to Green economics, virtually no Boomer gets it. It's like they are blinded by a lifetime of neoliberal propaganda from which they have benefited.

The idea that Trump is good for America is laughable. The only thing he's good for is exposing how dumb half the country is and how fragile our institutions are.

Republicans and GOP have no answers. They are totally corrupt, ignorant, and morally bankrupt. They have no interest in good government.

As Noam Chomsky correctly says, the Republican party is the most dangerous group of people in the world. Furture generations will laugh in disbelief at how dumb the entire American right-wing was. And even people like Don Beck and Ken Wilber will be seen to be mistaken.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Y’all know he’s mostly orange, right :S just because he models stuff doesn’t mean he’s yellow.  

You have been gifted the Golden Kappa~! 

It's just really sad. Trump being president, and not only that but receiving millions of votes again AFTER having been president and having shown the shit that he is, is making me pity the American people as a whole. And I can't help it, I mean it's very sad but this is the truth, this is the reality, a ridiculously large portion of the population voted for him for the second time... I mean it makes you wonder about the level of education that this country has on a large scale...

Edited by Vagos

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

I like that Trump is the perfect litmus test to seperate the truly conscious from the unconscious. Similar to how Hitler was a litmus test to seperate the truly good intelletuals, like Einstein, from the hacks and confromists.

But we're just not following trump because you and our teachers and university and our other new agey peeps said he's bad. Just like what Don Beck is doing.

Wow. Hes 83 years old. Thats even older than the boomers. I can see why he would be stuck in Blue/Orange politically. Hes probably great in other aspects though. 

Edited by Rilles

Dont look at me! Look inside!

@electroBeam No... We're not following Trump because the guy is a moron at a level that is almost incomprehensible, completely corrupt and disgustingly racist. I mean his whole first campaign was based on building a freaking wall.

Edited by Vagos

2 minutes ago, Vagos said:

@electroBeam No... We're not following Trump because the guy is a moron at a level that is almost incomprehensible, completely corrupt and disgustingly racist. I mean his whole first campaign was based on building a freaking wall.

I mean thats all just social conditioning. 

At the absolute level, Trump is literally love. So if you're calling trump something other then that, you're getting it from somewhere.

We ain't moving on to Green till all these Boomers die off (from natural causes).

1 hour ago, Husseinisdoingfine said:

is not necessarily able to accept Social Democracy

We'll be able once the Boomers are gone.

Im pretty sure he categorised himself as blue somewhere.  I'll try to find where he said that

It was Clare Graves who was a stage Yellow thinker, who came up with the theory. Don Beck took his ideas and built on top of them. Brilliant insight - Clare Graves, marketing and stuff - Don Beck.

@Girzo Clare Graves identified himself at stage Blue.

None of these theorists are deeply conscious people, which is why you have to be very careful with not holding their models too tightly.

A model is just a model. And SD can easily get you into trouble.

Ken Wilber is by far the most conscious theorist alive. But even he has his limits. There is a serious lack of people who understand consciousness, spirituality, politics, culture, and economics all at once. This basically does not exist. If you want such understanding you will have to be one of the first humans to ever develop it.

9 hours ago, electroBeam said:

I mean thats all just social conditioning. 

At the absolute level, Trump is literally love. So if you're calling trump something other then that, you're getting it from somewhere.

Of course man, what are you even talking about ? This is completely irrelevant to the conversation. We are talking from a completely relative point of view and we are trying to maximize the common good of America

10 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

None of these theorist are deeply conscious people, which is why you have to be very careful with not holding their models too tightly.

A model is just a model. And SD can easily get you into trouble.

The important point I've found is to not assume superiority of a higher stage. More complicated than that. 

Spiral dynamics is mapping changes in people's paradigms. But they're still paradigms.  

In a sense it's also describing culture/history rather than being descriptive of the inherent path a human psyche will take.

I'm open to the stages being abstract objects which have truth regardless of culture/history. But since I see a lot of it being derived very empirically from history and culture, and just stating how culture has changed, I question whether you're really understanding the universal mechanics of growth or evolution from it. 

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

Don Beck sees himself as Second Tier even though he doesn't understand Turquoise or Yellow at all. Not even Green. Hell, the original Spiral Dynamics book was basically marketed as a Stage Orange capitalist entrepreneurial people skills book. Just read this post where he's raging against Ken Wilber and accusing him of being First Tier lol. https://openintegral.wordpress.com/2015/12/14/don-beck-on-ken-wilber/

17 minutes ago, Yali said:

@Leo Gura

Where did you see this?

Don't recall.