28 cm unbuffed

Cynicism

56 posts in this topic

Just now, 28 cm unbuffed said:

@Nahm Not obsessed about being a millionaire or anything, I just want to quit an everyday job and become financially independent and gain true freedom, that's all. 

then what will you do once you're "free"?

7 minutes ago, 28 cm unbuffed said:

Financial independence.

Why so cynical? :)  Put that on the dreamboard. Insights & ideas arise around it, write those too. How you experience the world changes. People and opportunists present themselves. Notice them. Resistant thoughts & emotions arise, notice them too, relax and watch them come & go. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

2 minutes ago, 28 cm unbuffed said:

@PurpleTree Travel the world, gain new perspectives, move to the USA,  do fun stuff, dunno

but if you think the world is fucked up and people suck and you don't care for nature, where would you even want to travel and what would be fun to you, if you don't care about those things?

i think it will be hard to appreciate the world and people when you have money if you don't learn to appreciate them now and also the smaller things in life.

maybe things like rich people stuff, sailing on a yacht with some playboy bunnies and coke would be fun to you for a while, but then? i'm not against money though, i'd like to be rich too but i'm too lazy :) 

@PurpleTree People are egotistic, fucked up creatures mostly, not judging, that's just the truth, sadly. I do appreciate things in my life, I practice gratitude, I am as happy as I've ever been, for real. I'm not interested in low-consciousness stuff like fast pleasures (coke and hookers) either. It's just life is so empty, it's paradoxical, but that's how it is and will always be. 

@28 cm unbuffed

The noticing & letting go of resistant thoughts is key. It’s how we get out of our own way. The alternative is reacting & expressing them, creating more of the same. Becoming attentive to what we’ve been inattentive to usually precedes the gently down the stream, the flow. There it’s all just for the unconditional experience. 

Seems to me like you've hit the ceiling of orange and are kicking and screaming because it didn't fulfill you as you'd have expected. 

Let go of all resistance and attachment, open up to stage green, yet keep all the positives of orange, they're very valuable especially at green. 

@neutralempty What do you mean then?

@fridjonk What are the green stuff that you are mentioning here?  You might be right with what you are saying, yet, life doesn't really give a fuck and I am forced to focus on the financial aspect of my life and everyday duties, I'm kinda late to the party with this aspect of life. 

@Nahm I don't really understand you on this one bro

@28 cm unbuffed

Read through this thread slowly, notice any thoughts you expressed which don’t feel good to you. Consider why you are saying things that don’t feel good to you, if it feels good to others, and if you prefer to continue doing so. Consider what role certain thoughts & perspectives play in relation to what you find difficult, frustrating, challenging, or even overwhelming. Notice the resistant feeling of those thoughts, and choose a better feeling perspective. You’ll see that what you’re experiencing lines up with how you’re interpreting. 

5 hours ago, 28 cm unbuffed said:

I don't think it's a belief, it's truth

Of course you don't think it's a belief. That's what it means to believe something. You believe that it's truth.

But it is not truth. It's simply associations your mind made in the past. You are seeing the past, not what is.

Find some hobbies to spice your life up a bit, get your mind of constant thinking. 

Don't be so hard on yourself, this grinding lifestyle is usually the problem, not the solution. 

Working hard and grinding are not really the same thing, grinders tend to push problems further instead of taking a step back and analyzing a situation. Try to stay more relaxed and in flow with your struggles. 

Edited by fridjonk

@28 cm unbuffed

Becoming attentive to what we’ve been inattentive to usually precedes the gently down the stream, the flow.

When you are conscious - with more than razor-sharp attentiveness - and when you see every opportunity/obstacle to be a stepping stone you are just flowing without resistance towards what you want and nothing is in the way because you are like water, fluid.

"[...] as long as the water is rigid in its being it will be hindered by every stone in the riverbed; if the water is fluid and stones [obstacles] are seen through, there is water just flowing."

Life Purpose journey

Presence. Goodness. Grace. Love.

@Loving Radiance :x

Awareness alone is curative.

Self-love.

The Way of Love

If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have prophetic powers, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give away all I have, and if I deliver up my body to be burned, but have not love, I gain nothing.

Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

Love never ends. As for prophecies, they will pass away; as for tongues, they will cease; as for knowledge, it will pass away. For we know in part and we prophesy in part, but when the perfect comes, the partial will pass away. When I was a child, I spoke like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I gave up childish ways. For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I have been fully known.

So now faith, hope, and love abide, these three; but the greatest of these is love.

1 Corinthians 13

“Know thy self”. 

Socrates

Forgiving yourself when you aren’t being true or nice to yourself

Breaking point of tears.

@Nahm

I found that wisdom is recognized when I believe to be not in love, when I hold on to "myself". Suffering is the greatest teacher.

Edited by Loving Radiance

Life Purpose journey

Presence. Goodness. Grace. Love.

6 hours ago, 28 cm unbuffed said:

@PurpleTree People are egotistic, fucked up creatures mostly, not judging, that's just the truth, sadly.

I have faced a similar predicament. Chasing financial independence means living through a period of heavy enslavement. Generally, nothing can be done about it in a practical sense.

But as far as attitude goes, plenty can be changed.

It has been said, "You don't see things as they are, you see things as you are." 

Also, life is Now.

Being in a position of needing to work endlessly can be an opportunity to drop the ego. The practice involves giving regardless of receiving, and being completely surrendered and accepting in the face of the unfairness of the world in a harsh existence.

And non-judgmental. Your quote above has truth to it, for example as evidenced by human treatment of the ecosystem, but ironically contains within it the ingredients for being one of those self-righteous humans yourself. Perhaps life gives us these challenges to stimulate ego dissolution.

On 11/27/2020 at 10:13 AM, 28 cm unbuffed said:

Sooooooooooooooooo

It's like the highest level I ever achieved with my life I think in regards to life in general. I'm pretty smart guy, I'm intelligent, whatever, and it's like a state that went back to me after years of fucking around and doing stupid, random shit with my life, that was all just a way to cut off that feeling looks like lol.

I've been into psychology, philosophy and all of that stuff already when I was pretty fucking young, like 14-15 maybe and I found out then that it's all fucking nonsense and it all has no sense whatsoever. Then my IQ and life wisdom somehow dropped, or I made it to drop a lot by drinking, smoking weed, cigarretes, playing games etc. Now I got my shit back together, I eat well, exercise, work, etc AND HERE WE GO AGAIN IT'S ALL NONSESNE.

Don't get me wrong - I work a lot, I do a lot of things, I keep it positive, I'm a good person, etc. By it's all so fucking nihilistic. I try my best, trust me on that, I work as a motherfucking mule, learn a lot, etc. Yet -  let's be fucking honest - world is nonsense, people are fucked up animals, everything is fucked, everyone is fucked lol.

Yuuuuuuuuuuuuuk

What you are experiencing is the limitation and prison of mind. You sense there is something "more", but by drawing on a conditioned set of responses, you find yourself coming to a seemingly endless set of dead ends where you thought or expected there might be something more joyous or stimulating.

Do you think that what you are ultimately looking for is "out there" and/or being able to keep stringing along worldly satisfying activities? Or, do you sense that there might actually be "something" that is seemingly just out of reach or hidden beyond the veil?

@28 cm unbuffed If you're seeking to make progress on whatever it is you're talking about, I recommend you drop the show and be radically honest with yourself. Allow yourself to be vulnerable, no shame in it. I get the sense that you're still unconsciously pretending something or are not acknowledging something in your experience. 

You're acting out a theatrical performance right now. Nothing is wrong about that, but if you want to make progress or resolve your issues and not just waste time with entertainment, you have to drop it. 

Edited by lmfao

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

@kbone

I have no idea, are there people in the world that just live life, not thinking about all of these things, do not get worried, do not get anxious, etc? These "dumb" people are just living life day to day not thinking about anything and they seem to be happy, I tried that, I deluded myself for years believing in society bullshit, and aye here we go again. I do a lot, I follow Joe Rogan's advice (to basically do stuff all the time) and it's better.

@lmfao

Yeah, I worked my ass off and improved myself to get to a moment, when I can honestly say to myself "Ok, I'm happy with myself, I have my purpose, I have my shit together" and I think I did all of that. I think it's time to find a girlfriend but I don't want "some girlfriend" and it makes it fucking difficult to do. 

Never been in love, my standards are pretty high, and finding "the one" is not that simple as I thought it will be 

Edited by 28 cm unbuffed