seeking_brilliance

Daily Awareness Check-In

31 posts in this topic

Stop what you are doing right now!

That's right, stop. ? Now.

Now press play on one of these tracks if desired, or you can play any music you'd like: 

Place all awareness on this text and limit all 'mind movies' only to what you're reading.

Good.  Melt into this thread. Nothing else matters. You are here, now.

This is your daily awareness check in.  For the next few minutes, please place all attention on what is happening RIGHT NOW.

For example, right now you are reading this text. In fact, you are now one with the text, as it penetrates deep into your focused mind.

Now add to your awareness the feeling of your skin. Is the environment warm, or cool?
Feel the outer layer of your skin. Breathe slowly and just feel. 

.... Breathe in.... 

.... Breathe out.... 

Now, slowly bring the awareness of your skin inwards. Deeper and deeper until you can feel all of your body, inside and out. Very good. 

Just breathe and feel it. If you lose this full body awareness, start back on the outer layer of skin and work inwards again. Hold this awareness until instructed to let go. 

Whether you see it or not, a bright golden light is flowing from this text and into your body, energising it with love.

Breathe in slowly and deeply.  Your bated breath and the golden light of love floods every cell, wrapping you in a warm  and fuzzy blanket.

?
?
?
?
?
?
?

?

?

?

CLICK HERE

.... And now let it all go. 

Breathe and relax, gently returning to the familiar world.  

To complete this check in, think back to what you were doing right before this thread was opened.   Each time you perform this daily awareness check in, please answer the questions below by leaving a comment:

1.What where you doing before the thread was opened? Anything important?

2. How did you get there?

3. Do you really know if you were doing anything before opening this thread?

4. If applicable, what did you block out to focus on the check in?

5. Am I dreaming? 

sunset-691848_1280.jpg

Edited by seeking_brilliance

Check out my lucid dreaming anthology series, Stars of Clay  

I was watching a movie. Today is Thanksgiving and we had a very small family gathering at my mother in law's. Afterwards, I came home, took a nap, and then got up and watched a movie. 

As far as watching a movie, I got out of bed to let the dogs out, and turned on the TV. 

I'm here right now, at least. Regarding right now, all those events are memories. There is nothing concrete to document any of it. What memory states can never truly be what happened, and memory is always strange. 

I'm here now, I guess. 

Well now I'm taking a bath and focused on the music rather than the running water. 

5. Am I dreaming? 

perhaps I AM.  what's a dream anyway, but a word and concept... a dream..  

just posting here to make sure you dont think your dream friends you created are rejecting you

6 minutes ago, electroBeam said:

just posting here to make sure you dont think your dream friends you created are rejecting you

Lol

Ye the post is long. But the first line is enough. I have just arrived at work and received instructions to stop what im doing. Thats good enough for me! Am going home ? 

Lol

Suppose Love is real, and let's assume reality is unreal. Suppose we discover that the building block of reality is real Love, that means our assumption was wrong and reality is actually not unreal. Reality is real, if everything we supposed is true. I'm not going to say if it is or not.

8 hours ago, electroBeam said:

Haha you must know me or something ??

Also thanks to @SirVladimir for the inspiration in wording this post. His book is awesome and he's much better at the fourth wall speech than I.

On 26/11/2020 at 11:27 AM, seeking_brilliance said:

Earlier I was painting, and then laid on bed and wrote on another post before opening this one. 

Well I'm painting directly beside my bed, so it was wasn't a far leap

One thing that might be difficult to deny is that I can see my painting from here, and the trees I remember just adding are still there. And I have proof in my painting journal that the trees were not there yesterday. So this feels more like  bridge to the past and not based solely on memory. 

Nothing, was listening to classical music

5. Am I dreaming? 

Imagination is in play, so yes. Astral dreaming?  Well I have five fingers and can't breathe with mouth and nose closed.  This appears to be a dream of consistency and solidity. 

There is nothing beyond this thread. All the planets and their moons -- gone in a snap. Nothing exists beyond the screen. We have come together again, friends, to bask in the momentary oasis. This thread is a monastery, full and complete. Wars have stopped and the outside world has gone quiet -- darkness has veiled it like a closing curtain veils a theatre's stage. My beloved friends, we sit right here, in this thread, perfectly as we made ourselves to sit. We are one universe, one unification, we love each other so much that Love binds us like a glue. This is it. We have made it to heaven.

1.What where you doing before the thread was opened? Anything important? I awoke from a short nap and dumped the water for a thawing turkey. Waa supposed to do it at 930 but I woke up at 950 (oops) 

I was in bed and I woke up. I laid in bed for while and then got up and dumped the water. 

3. Do you really know if you were doing anything before opening this thread? There's no proof besides belief... 

Running water. I played the first track on the thread and did an awareness check while filling the tub. Next I'll do an image streaming practice. 

5. Am I dreaming? 

Seems like always. Astral dreaming? There appears to be five fingers on each hand. The candle is not levitating off the toilet. I can't breathe with mouth and nose closed.  What any of that means, if anything, remains inconclusive. I did "wake from a nap." so if it's a false awakening it's a rather long one, and solid. 

@SirVladimir stop trying to make me cry ? Nah, never stop. ?  

@Dodo go to work ?

2 hours ago, seeking_brilliance said:

@Dodo go to work ?

I've just realized this attitude has lead to deep exhaustion to the point where I'm getting rashes all over my body. I guess theres 2 sides to every coin

Again I was painting.  

2. How did you get there? Done with the painting session, I let one of my dogs outside, and then to the bathroom. 

3. Do you really know if you were doing anything before opening this thread? What would be the proof, and why would I trust it? 

4. If applicable, what did you block out to focus on the check in? I listened to the second music track and also the dogs went crazy and it turned out to be the Amazon delivery... So I had to start again. 

5. Am I dreaming? 

Dreaming I am.   Astral dreaming? For all I know it could be all astral, but my definition of Astral is a 'different kind of dream other than one of a solid body."  So in that sense, I do appear to be of solidity. 

And of course there's a dream of separation and forgetfulness. 

Was laying in bed and got up when Mike went to sleep. Now I'm doing the check in and going to practice image streaming.  

Just did. 

In a realm of believable memory, the answer would be yes. Perhaps a definition of doing something would help. 

A brightish candle flickering on my right side, and the sound of running water. I played the second track. 

5. Am I dreaming? 

Who? Maybe? I appear to have five fingers, whatever that implies. (there appears to be five fingers on a hand) 

Each time you perform this daily awareness check in, please answer the questions below by leaving a comment:

I finished my painting this morning. It feels so good to let it go.  

I woke up early at 530, and had coffee with Mike. Then I decided it was time to finish once and for all. Laid in bed while doing finishing touches. 

I'm doing it now, i guess, in a way, regardless of if it happened before. 

Candle light and running water.  Listened to the first track. 

5. Am I dreaming? 

Whatever ?

1.What where you doing before the thread was opened? Anything important?  Got home from work, made hamburgers with Mike, and started a fire.  Now Im here... 

2. How did you get there? The feet were useful

3. Do you really know if you were doing anything before opening this thread? I know nothing

4. If applicable, what did you block out to focus on the check in? Nothing was blocked, it was all the experience. 

5. Am I dreaming? Imagination is my monastery... 

6f3ee362473094b07eb63b7d2f8ea388.gif

Very nice, thank you @seeking_brilliance :)

That first video, The Garden, is just what I envision our forum family to be. Exotic, insane, unique, alive, creative, beautiful, realizing, being ?. We are the Salvador Dali of the communal expression of Consciousness.

Which character is you? I related to several, but the one that drew me in the most is the creature standing in the pond, with a white balloon for his head.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

(I hope you don't mind if I copy these questions in my journal for daily practice and paste your post into it) 

Each time you perform this daily awareness check in, please answer the questions below by leaving a comment:

I was Tending the garden outside the kitchen. 

I walked up to there. 

I have weak memory but I'm sure this is what I was doing. 

I blocked out feelings of stress about my upcoming project work. I only thought about the shrubs I was pruning and Tending. 

5. Am I dreaming? 

Not really. I am fully awake but I might soon fall asleep 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

@seeking_brilliance this post is helpful to my Hero's journey (my journal) so many many thanks for making this post.

11 minutes ago, Moksha said:

Very nice, thank you @seeking_brilliance :)

That first video, The Garden, is just what I envision our forum family to be. Exotic, insane, unique, alive, creative, beautiful, realizing, being ?. We are the Salvador Dali of the communal expression of Consciousness.

Which character is you? I related to several, but the one that drew me in the most is the creature standing in the pond, with a white balloon for his head.

This song and video cuts me straight to the core, I can't explain why. I love this eccentric  composer... He's also a math genius  and supposedly each movement in the video is tied to musical note. I really love that relation back to the forum, so true! ?

Um well I'm all of them, as they dance before me. But I really liked the flying rainbow bird. I do tend to look at the big walking lady head, but maybe because it reminds me of toy story. 

Kind of hate that you can't edit posts after a few days... I would have kept tweaking the check-in until it's more meditative.... But oh well

20 minutes ago, Moksha said:

Garden

6 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

garden

I smell a synchronicity ??

@seeking_brilliance@(oops)

@Preety_India no I don't mind at all. Glad you liked them. As long as you promise to post your favourite answers here from time to time. Helps keep the spirit alive ?

@seeking_brilliance  Lmao I didn't even notice the synchronicity until you mentioned it. 

Imaginary garden and real garden lol. 

Hehe. :)

@seeking_brilliance Thanks for the background on the Garden video. The math/music harmonies, along with the vivid imagery, help me understand why it is so fascinating.

1. What where you doing before the thread was opened? Anything important?

I took the first step toward a journey Consciousness is creating for me. Yes, it feels important.

Through this forum, figuratively and literally.

Trick question ;) Little me has a memory of doing something. Big me knows that little me is a dream, and that the memory of what little me was doing, is a dream within a dream.

Thoughts about the Garden video.

5. Am I dreaming? 

Yes, but lucidly.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.