Denys

What would push Nothing to become something?

23 posts in this topic

Leo has an amazing video called "Why there is something rather than Nothing": 

I got a brain orgasm from his inside - when there is Nothing it means that there is also nothing to stop or prevent Nothing to become something. 

But then I got a second thought that doesn't allow me to sleep since the video was released. 

And my thought is: what would push Nothing to become something? So according to Leo logic, when there is Nothing, what would push Nothing to transfrom into something? Why wouldn't Nothing remain Nothing? 

126620776_1056421858158191_8851193601528696314_o.jpg

If you have no confidence in yourself, you are twice defeated in the race of life. But with confidence you have won, even before you start.” -- Marcus Garvey

@Denys   I don't have an easy answer but I've been contemplating Nothing and Everything for the last couple of days.  My sense is that nothing doesn't become something (or the multitude of things in the universe = "everything"). Rather, nothing and everything are identical to begin with.

Another thought, we can't really think of nothing; trying to hold nothingness as a thought, a concept, means there's something there in our minds rather than true nothingness, which is a complete absence of thought. So it's a paradox.

Also, "everything" is a paradox. To think about everything, you also need to include yourself, the thinker, so you need to encompass both the subject (the thinker) and object (the thought). The thinker needs to think itself, it's a strange loop. Or, you need to collapse the duality of thing/nothing existence/non-existence.

Relax, it's just my loosely held opinion.  :) 

What would push everything to become nothing.

Same thing.

Nothing becomes. Ever.

Just is.

1 hour ago, Denys said:

what would push Nothing to become something?

That's the trick, nothing!

Nothing is needed. Ta-da! :D

You are still assuming reality has some limits. The key to realize it is unlimited in every way, since nothing = no limits.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura But why does reality have this appearance? Out of the infinite number of possible appearances, it chose this one. Why not another?

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

3 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Nothing is needed. Ta-da! :D

You are still assuming reality has some limits. The key to realize it is unlimited in every way, since nothing = no limits.

Leo I'm really terrified of this notion of "unlimited in every possible way". Like literally! Wow do you realize the insanity of this lol ? I fully grasp why it must be that way but I can't believe it. Every time I fully contemplate it  I get on the verge of having a panic attack lol. 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

9 minutes ago, How to be wise said:

@Leo Gura But why does reality have this appearance? Out of the infinite number of possible appearances, it chose this one. Why not another?

You can't understand that without awakening.

7 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Leo I'm really terrified of this notion of "unlimited in every possible way". Like literally! Wow do you realize the insanity of this lol ? I fully grasp why it must be that way but I can't believe it. Every time I fully contemplate it  I get on the verge of having a panic attack lol. 

That's right.

11 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Just wait.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

11 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

You can't understand that without awakening.

I of course continue to pursue awakening. But surely there’s something you can say to try and answer that question. 

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

Oh oh. You guys are speechless. That doesn't seem comforting lol jk. 

-Osho

28 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Every time I fully contemplate it  I get on the verge of having a panic attack lol.

That's because grasping it is synonymous with death.

6 minutes ago, The0Self said:

That's because grasping it is synonymous with death.

I see.. I see 

-Osho

2 hours ago, How to be wise said:

I of course continue to pursue awakening. But surely there’s something you can say to try and answer that question. 

Reality is simply the best possible scenario, which is obvious after awakening.

It was obvious to me before awakening though. For no reason.

Edited by The0Self

45 minutes ago, How to be wise said:

Infinity

There is nothing to really grasp ahold of. This is why awakening is challenging. The ego/sense of self requires identity. 

When its let go of it feels like freefall or floating in space with nothing to stabilize. 

Good luck!!

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

The words Nothingness and Consciousness can be quite confusing because of their different meaning in dual reality. BRAHMAN is the word you are looking for.

BRAHMAN = Absolute ultimate of anything & everything that: | can exist | cannot exist | Existence | Non-Existence | can be thought of | cannot be thought of | Infinite | Infinitesimal |

There is BRAHMAN and BRAHMAN alone. There is nothing else except BRAHMAN. YOU ARE ONE WITH BRAHMAN, YOU ARE BRAHMAN.

BRAHMAN = Non-Dual + Dual => therefore Non-Duality = Duality

Non-Dual = Nothingness = Void = NIRGUNA-BRAHMAN = Formless Infinite Ocean of BRAHMAN

Duality = Something-ness = Diversity = SAGUNA-BRAHMAN = Forms of Finite Waves of BRAHMAN

NIRGUNA-BRAHMAN = Non-Duality = BRAHMAN without attributes & qualities (Experienced as Deep Sleep, Non-Dual Void or Non-Dual Fullness or Oneness)

SAGUNA BRAHMAN = Duality = BRAHMAN with qualities & attributes (our waking consciousness + Dreams + Psychedelic Worlds + Imagination + Hallucination +  Realities after death etc.. all of these can either be heavenly or hellish or in-between)

APPEARANCES IN BRAHMAN: Neither do they exist, nor does they don't exist. Neither are they real, nor are they unreal.  Their nature is like that of a mirage in the desert. Watery mirage in & of itself does appear and is real. But, upon closer inspection, there is no water and thus unreal.

BRAHMAN is beyond both Reality/Unreality, Existence/Non-Existence. Yet, it is everything including Existence & Non-Existence, Reality & Unreality.

Consciousness & awareness are primary attributes of BRAHMAN. It expresses itself through Conscious Awareness.

11 hours ago, Denys said:

And my thought is: what would push Nothing to become something? So according to Leo logic, when there is Nothing, what would push Nothing to transfrom into something? Why wouldn't Nothing remain Nothing?

It is not that Nothingness becomes something and loses its nothingness or that something becomes nothing and loses its something-ness.

Both something and nothing are just different configurations of BRAHMAN. BRAHMAN simultaneously displays its Nothingness and Something-ness at all times.

It is just that: Those who are in Non-Dual state experience NIRGUNA(Nothingness) aspect of BRAHMAN(Loss of Individuality) and those who are in Dual state experience SAGUNA(Something-ness) aspect of BRAHMAN(Individualized Experience). There is also experience of Mixed states as well passing In-and-Out of these two states temporarily through meditation or otherwise.

Just like it is the nature of the Fire to cause Heat and Water to put out Fire. It is the nature of the BRAHMAN to cause Nature & World, Nothingness & Something-ness, etc..

So is, its nature also to cause/create us and make us ask the question: why does BRAHMAN does all this.

Disclaimer: My knowledge is only theoretical from studying Vedantic literature and watching + reading many awakening/Enlightenment stories.

Edited by PopoyeSailor

12 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Well but it seems to become circular logic. So we say there is nothing to prevent Nothing to transform to something. And then we say that there is also nothing to push Nothing to transform to something. But again, why it transforms then? So we got to the first question: why Nothing becomes something? On the one hand there is nothing to limit it but there is also nothing to push it.

Well, I don't even pretend to be fully conscious of Nothingness of the reality, not my level yet, really. But I just want to understand your logic here, Leo. Since this is the first video where I kind of doesn't agree with your logic (and your logic is perfect in all other videos from my point of view). And I really want to understand it :) 

9 hours ago, How to be wise said:

Spiritual people will never tell you anything. They will just tell you to take more and more psychedelics, until you fry your brain. And from that fried state, everything will seem to make sense. xD Which is obvious... since nothing will function anymore, there will be no more reason left to judge the value of statements, so any statements will do just fine: "Unicorns fly", "Of course, bro". lol

5 minutes ago, Denys said:

Well but it seems to become circular logic. So we say there is nothing to prevent Nothing to transform to something. And then we say that there is also nothing to push Nothing to transform to something. But again, why it transforms then? So we got to the first question: why Nothing becomes something? On the one hand there is nothing to limit it but there is also nothing to push it.

Well, I don't even pretend to be fully conscious of Nothingness of the reality, not my level yet, really. But I just want to understand your logic here, Leo. Since this is the first video where I kind of doesn't agree with your logic (and your logic is perfect in all other videos from my point of view). And I really want to understand it :) 

Conciousness = no thing, and always is no thing, can create somethingness but ultimetly somethingness is empty and is nothing. 

So nothing is this and will always be this.

Like a Dream, totally empty substance 

Let thy speech be better then silence, or be silent.

- Pseudo-dionysius