Average Investor

Water Testing

4 posts in this topic

A follow up to this thread 

I ordered the one that Leo suggested. Now that I am going to get the RO system my concern will be the actual result of the water. My water here is not that great. The water is fairly hard. I am looking to test the waters quality. I see I can get a cheap stick that is about $10 or so. I have seen some kits too. I know I could possibly send in the water too.

Any suggestions? 

Edited by Average Investor

Following

I'm also considering testing my water supply, as I drink a lot of tap water.

I was thinking of buying 2 different test kits for all kinds of pollutants - heavy metals, bacteria, pesticides, minerals, chlorine etc., so that I can cross-reference the findings. Also not cheaping out on the test kits... the ones I found interesting were about 20 euro each (had several of those paper sticks).

I am not too familiar with US testing but I believe DoctorsData have this option. There's gotta be other labs where you can send a sample for contamination testing but it will probably cost you. 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

@Dingo I would just filter the water. I am sure the water is better where you live, but there is no sense in taking a gamble on what is in the tap water. Even a cheap set up would do you go even if the water is already fairly good. I am sure you would benefit from testing it too. Not much of an expense for peace of mind and good health. 

@Michael569 I am planning on doing a heavy metal detox in the future. I think it will be worth it to really know what I am consuming and mitigate as much exposure as I can if I am going to go through the process. Of course I will test to see if I need to detox anyway too. 

We had someone come out and test the tap water I have and it had arsenic and all sorts of shit in it. This the water I will be running through the reverse osmosis system. I will take a look around though and see what else comes up. From what I gathered the free tests are not anymore comprehensive than the cheap ebay one lol.