Chris365

Connor Murphy has Eckhart-style awakening

311 posts in this topic

Come on people, stop giving so much attention to this.

This is not interesting.

There is nothing interesting about this. 

I am more interesting than this. Haha ;)

Ultimately it's even more twisted than you presently imagine.

There is no Ralston's reality nor Leo's reality, there is only your reality, by which I mean my reality ;)

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@The0Self But emptiness and not being grounded in anything are two different things. Grounded in nothingness is not the same as saying it's grounded in nothing. It's one, so it's on the grounds we share the emptiness. We might have different paradigms though. Mi casa es tu casa.

Edited by Red-White-Light

1 minute ago, The0Self said:

That’s obvious to me. I’m aware subject and object are interdependent and empty. You said in Ralston’s reality, truth is love, regardless of his perspective. In my view, any solution to a problem is not the truth, but simply an answer, to an unreal limitation.

Sure, I am trying to work from within what I understand of Leo's philosophy. From my understanding he in the past made the distinction between the relative and the absolute, and would have claimed that "Truth is Love" is an Absolute Truth. If this is not the case anymore, I would be confused as to why he would say that someones teachings or enlightenment is incomplete, as he claims that those who have a complete enlightenment would know that Love is the Ground of Being so to speak.

Anyone who would deny that would not have seen reality as deeply as he has. The relative-absolute distinction is paradoxical but that is just the way it is.

Glory to Israel

2 minutes ago, Scholar said:

The fact that when you put all of this into language it turns out with paradoxes and "contradictions" is the most beautiful illustration of why language is lmiited and simply does not work int capturing any of this at all.

Capturing is not the main goal or pleasure for an explorer of consciousness. A butterfly appears and flutters away. An explorer observes in appreciation without desire to capture the butterfly. 

Leo just released a few paradoxical butterflies that fluttered away. That itself is beauty. ? 

Ya'll should closely study and contemplate the notion of Anekantavada: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anekantavada

from a certain point of view, or in a certain sense, the pot exists

from a certain point of view, the pot does not exist

from a certain point of view, the pot exists and does not exist

from a certain point of view, the pot is inexpressible

from a certain point of view, the pot both exists and is inexpressible

from a certain point of view, the pot both does not exist and is inexpressible

from a certain point of view, the pot exists, does not exist, and is also inexpressible

1 minute ago, Red-White-Light said:

@The0Self But emptiness and not being grounded in anything are two different things. Grounded in nothingness is not the same as saying it's grounded in nothing.

Ok, then in that case, emptiness would not be a good word, because consciousness is empty of existing as a thing.

2 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Ultimately it's even more twisted than you presently imagine.

There is no Ralston's reality nor Leo's reality, there is only your reality, by which I mean my reality ;)

It'd be way more twisted if it wasn't that way!

What if Ralston and you actually had a reality separate to this??? How the fuck would that work????

Truth that was inaccessible... that would be the ultimate mindfuck.

@Leo Gura Ok, Leo my question to you is, if two individuals took LSD and had a breakthrough at the same time, what would they see when they look at each other. Would that be different? Or would they both see the same emptiness that is the consciousness? Ground 0 has to be 0.  

4 minutes ago, electroBeam said:

Truth that was inaccessible... that would be the ultimate mindfuck.

Certainly, and amazingly, it seems to be the case. If truth is all there is, how could one ever access that which is already and only?

You couldn’t. All you can do is stop experiencing stuff as real. Of course you can’t even do that, because it isn’t actually happening.

Edited by The0Self

1 minute ago, The0Self said:

Certainly, and amazingly, it seems to be the case. If truth is all there is, how could one ever access that which is already and only?

You couldn’t. All you can do is stop experiencing stuff as real. Of course you can’t even do that, because it isn’t actually happening.

that's right

but what would be the ultimate mindfuck is if the truth wasn't you, and you became conscious of that with 100% certainty.

Anekantavada arose some 2500 years ago, back when stage red was emerging. Even today, few minds can grasp its depth. Their minds were thousands of years ahead of their time. Can your mind venture thousands of years behind and ahead?

8 minutes ago, Red-White-Light said:

@Leo Gura Ok, Leo my question to you is, if two individuals took LSD and had a breakthrough at the same time, what would they see when they look at each other. Would that be different? Or would they both see the same emptiness that is the consciousness? Ground 0 has to be 0.  

It all depends. The emptiness could be similar, but they are not guaranteed to realize the same facets of it.

One might recognize the Love facet. Another might recognize the no-self facet, and many more possibilities exist.

It is not safe to assume that two people taking the same dose of LSD will realize the same things. Although of course there will tend to be much overlap if you take a large enough sample of people.

Ground 0 is ground 0 of course. But there are an infinite number of higher levels of consciousness of that ground.

For example, you can be conscious of Infinity. And then you can be 1000x more conscious of Infinity than that. And if you became conscious enough of it, it would kill you.

@Leo Gura Ok that makes sense, but there's only one diamond, no? Non-duality states there isn't two diamonds. 

Blind-men-elephant.jpg

5 minutes ago, Red-White-Light said:

@Leo Gura Ok that makes sense, but there's only diamond, no? Non-duality states there isn't two diamonds.

You assume a difference between one and two.

Sit in the silent recognition that all difference is imaginary and relative. Sit in the emptiness of that. And don't ask whether this emptiness is one or two, since that would a re-creation of your original delusion.

At this point you must fully exit the mind. Stop thinking about it. Leave the mind behind.

3 minutes ago, electroBeam said:

that's right

but what would be the ultimate mindfuck is if the truth wasn't you, and you became conscious of that with 100% certainty.

Sure would, but it seems 100% certainty would only come about in this case by having 0% doubt. Of course there'd be no actual certainty if there's no one real that's left to have certainty.

7 minutes ago, Red-White-Light said:

Ground 0 has to be 0.  

This assumes a point. Ground 0 is also infinite Grounds. 

It’s like asking if two different people in superposition both observed superposition, would they both observe the same point. 

1 minute ago, Ineffable said:

Everyone will agree on the fact that ‘There is consciousness’, unless their minds try to deny their direct experience, which of course is futile, since if there was no consciousness we wouldn’t be able to debate whether there is consciousness or not. 

What is the one thing everyone agrees on? Nothing!

I'm thankful for this forum.

At least I know that if I'm full of shit, you guys will tell me very quickly :D 

So convenient

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

1 minute ago, Forestluv said:

What is the one thing everyone agrees on? Nothing!

You clever devil! I'm stealing that one ;)