Blackhawk

When you tell people about Leo Gura..

36 posts in this topic

Wow, Leo Gura on search results is full of slander lol. Although that is to be expected with his work I guess.

But I don't tell anyone about Leo Gura unless they're already into spirituality.

Edited by Osaid

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, 'This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful.' The moment you see it, the head stops running thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts running. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho

The internet is full of trolls, jealousy, hidden agendas etc so I'm not surprised at the reaction, sad as it is. I already filter out the psychedelic side to his work, and on the forum, because it's not my path, is mostly illegal here, and other people I know are opposed to "recreational drugs" as they call them. But even through that filter there's much wonderful wisdom to find.  

Relax, it's just my loosely held opinion.  :) 

The thing is Leo learned a lot of things along the way. So Which Leo are you exactly recommending to people?

Just now, howtoyellow said:

The thing is Leo learned a lot of things along the way. So Which Leo are you exactly recommending to people?

Doesn't work, they'll see the new videos being recommended, see one, and then judge the entire channel based on that.

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

This is a smaller example of what happens when you wake up.  As wonderful as discovering the Truth is - you will want to share it with others.  But they have to discover it for themselves.  The path to Truth is walked alone.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

When I show his videos or tell about him to people around me these are my typical reactions...

My dad: calls him very intelligent

My friends: calls him a drug addict, or says his videos are way too long ("Who the fuck wants to watch a 3 hour video wtf?")

Strangers: calls him 'some random spiritual woo woo guy on YouTube'

Edited by QandC

On 2020.11.23. at 2:43 PM, Blackhawk said:

When I tell people about Leo, they Google him, see that someone calls Leo a cult leader, and then immediately label him a cult leader and refuse to listen to Leo even for a second.

And/or they see that he sells a life purpose course for $249 and because of that immediately labels him a scammer and refuses to listen to him even for a second.

I've never been able to make anyone watch a video by Leo. (I'm not pushing them, I'm being gentle.)

It's sad.

Ohh, yeah, sad is also that you think Sadhguru is always full of shit too. Literally the same category.

If I made you watch Sadhguru you will call him a cult leader and you will see he sells inner engineering course and call him a scammer. Kinda catch 33 kind of thing, you know.

It depends on what kind of people are you telling them about Leo. Everyone will react to him according to his spiral stage. Someone who is interested in spirituality and metaphysics will find his content to be pure gold. A stage blue religious person will think he is a devil and trying to delude people into thinking they are "god" and turn them away from Jesus. A stage orange materialist can watch Leo's "why brains do not exist" episode and he will label Leo as new agey anti-realist pseudo-solpisistic (Rational wiki lol). It all depends. And since the majority of people are low consciousness stage blue /orange they will have a negative view on Leo's content. To appreciate Leo's content you have to be already in a high place on the spiral. 

Edited by Someone here

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

32 minutes ago, Someone here said:

It depends on what kind of people are you telling them about Leo. Everyone will react to him according to his spiral stage. Someone who is interested in spirituality and metaphysics will find his content to be pure gold. A stage blue religious person will think he is a devil and trying to delude people into thinking they are "god" and turn them away from Jesus. A stage orange materialist can watch Leo's "why brains do not exist" episode and he will label Leo as new agey anti-realist pseudo-solpisistic (Rational wiki lol). It all depends. And since the majority of people are low consciousness stage blue /orange they will have a negative view on Leo's content. To appreciate Leo's content you have to be already in a high place on the spiral. 

Nicely said -- and of course higher doesn't mean better just higher relative to lower.  A lot of stage blue (i don't like putting someone in one particular box but someone that leans more to blue on the spiral) seem to perceive this stuff - at least from my experience - as arrogance...but it is their own projection and lack of open mindedness. 

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

1 hour ago, Applegarden said:

Ohh, yeah, sad is also that you think Sadhguru is always full of shit too. Literally the same category.

If I made you watch Sadhguru you will call him a cult leader and you will see he sells inner engineering course and call him a scammer. Kinda catch 33 kind of thing, you know.

So because I like Leo's content that means I should automatically like Sadhguru's content too? Why?

I have watched Sadhguru, and I have done his inner engineering course. And my firm opinion is that Sadhguru is full of shit. It's not sad. It's good that I don't believe in Sadhguru's bs.

tbh Sadhguru's talks seem more of an open green spiral stage. Haven't heard anything ground breaking from him. But well....

5 hours ago, Blackhawk said:

So because I like Leo's content that means I should automatically like Sadhguru's content too? Why?

I have watched Sadhguru, and I have done his inner engineering course. And my firm opinion is that Sadhguru is full of shit. It's not sad. It's good that I don't believe in Sadhguru's bs.

Leo has a positivr view of Sadhguru btw.

Yeah, like I believe that you somehow now magically have done his programs. Sure dude, I will take your word for it. What was in the program, what did you not like? About what he is bsing particulary? Maybe 3 examples for an iformative conclusion why he is bs? Or anecdotal story of yours?

Or a blindspoted negative reaction towards a title that is a bad association?

I am not saying you have to automatically like him, but what is interesting that you completely dismiss the guy.

Why there is correlation between SG and Leo or any other teacher? Well...

Methaphysics, meditation, spirituality, claims that have not yet accepted by science e.c.t.

18 minutes ago, Applegarden said:

Leo has a positivr view of Sadhguru btw.

Yeah, like I believe that you somehow now magically have done his programs. Sure dude, I will take your word for it. What was in the program, what did you not like? About what he is bsing particulary? Maybe 3 examples for an iformative conclusion why he is bs? Or anecdotal story of yours?

Or a blindspoted negative reaction towards a title that is a bad association?

I am not saying you have to automatically like him, but what is interesting that you completely dismiss the guy.

Why there is correlation between SG and Leo or any other teacher? Well...

Methaphysics, meditation, spirituality, claims that have not yet accepted by science e.c.t.

In my opinion Sadhguru and Leo don't teach the same stuff. The only similarity is that both go under the label "metaphysics, meditation, spirituality, claims that have not yet accepted by science".

Just slapping the label "metaphysics, meditation, spirituality, claims that have not yet accepted by science" to something doesn't make it true.

Edited by Blackhawk

4 hours ago, Blackhawk said:

Just slapping the label "metaphysics, meditation, spirituality, claims that have not yet accepted by science" to something doesn't make it true.

Yes, sorry for the gross generalization, because I am not going to write a 3 page post on things that you should be looking out for if you are genuinely intrested in spirituality.

So you are saying the following:

When Sadhguru says the methapores like:

- "you are not the body and not the mind" and Leo makes a video on "you are not the brains" is not the same thing (metaphysics) and a bunch of other stuff i could quoute but I am not interested in wasting that much time;

And that both they don't teach meditation, both of them have videos on techniques altho sadhguru has some more advanced forms of meditation in the form of traditional indian hatha yoga and has conscecrated a linga, called dhyanalinga where sitting nearby it produces a state in you called dhyana - you and the enviroment become one and loosening sense of time;

- they both are not talking about enlightenment;.

Ok so what is false in this, what is not similar? Are they talking about different thing fundamentally?

Does science accept the notion that you are something beyond the brain, as far as I know, no. It is merely being debated.

But then how do you validate something of this when the scientific metod doesn't work?

Then I guess it boils down on the basic street clout abd emotional association to somebody being a guru or not.

I wonder why so many people come to sadhguru and his facilities, i think it is because his stuff works, as I noticed in 2016 when i did a good amount of isha kriya meditation, something like 60 days or even more. I still do his upa yoga practices. Of course now i follow even more radical gurus, and they advice is even better, but sadhguru is a good sport for people with western education. He is quite logical for a guru.

Anyway, this is exhausting, thanks for the discussion, hope you have a great life, if you are on this forum, i think you are taking steps to it already. :)

Leo isn’t really the kind of guy who you recommend to others during a casual conversation. I don’t even bother nowadays. It’s just more social chimp shit. You have to save yourself first. It’s pure distraction. 

On 2020-11-23 at 2:43 PM, Blackhawk said:

see that he sells a life purpose course for $249 and because of that immediately labels him a scammer and refuses to listen to him even for a second.

Have seen this critique way to much against spiritual teachers.