Conscious life

Sprial dynamics stage coral

7 posts in this topic

what is stage coral if scientific model develop or if not, guess and assumption. what coral stage will look like, what other models and ideas are available after turquoise, etc. 

In Spiral Dynamics there are no stages higher then Coral, not that i am aware of... But two other resources for further stages are the book by Ken Wilber The Religion of Tomorrow and the other is a website stagesinternational.com

There is also one spiritualy awake person, Davidya, who has a blog davidya.ca. Maybe you will find some usefull things on his blog

I hope that helps...

Edited by Bojan V

I think talking about anything above Turquoise is a little bit mental masturbatory. The fact of the matter is that we just don't have enough development, on a large enough scale to be able to talk about these things. An entirely new stage of development is no small thing to come into existence, and some have even argued that statements made about Turquoise aren't necessarily accurate. 

I've adopted the mindset that I need to worry about cleaning up my lower stages before I can turn my attention to the higher stages. You can't build robust structures on an unstable foundation. 

Yellow seeks universal thriving.

Turquoise seeks universal healing.

Coral seeks universal power.

Don Beck calls them chaos masters. They have been observed to exist but not in large enough numbers to be scientifically proven by researchers.

Here is an interview with the guy who found them:

https://youtu.be/Fp1jNZOuAu0

Note that spiral dynamics doesn't refer to over all human development but rather a way of cognizing the world. Spiral dynamics is one aspect of many of our psyche.

Ken Wilber's third tier is in my opinion a branching of human development that branches away from yellow.

This is all interesting but don't strive for coral before you've nailed turquoise. Which is no easy task.

Edited by martins name

The road to God is paved with bliss.

The issue I have with higher stages is that we don't know enough about what society will look like with those stages. For example, how can a Blue thinker 600 years ago come up with a Green politics? Green necessitates equality of the races, sexes, of sexualities, affirmation of the existence of transgender, etc, etc. This was a time when women were literally viewed as less than men, people were enslaved based on race, homosexuals were executed. All truth was couched in an absolute God so there certainly wasn't the possibility of the Postmodern notion of subjectively created reality through systems of language.

Now, were there people who were mystics and discovered Truth? Yes. Were there people who believed sexualities or sexes were equal? Yes, there probably was. The issue is that there are so few people that they cannot create an entirely new paradigm of being that each stage of the Spiral represents. They had barely begun to tap into Stage Orange at that point let alone sincerely consider the perspectives of Stage Green.

Well, now we are doing the same with the higher stages. We just don't have knowledge or the numbers to effectively articulate the truly vast amounts of knowledge needed to form an entirely new stage. People have obviously tried, but I think there is far too much conjecture and speculation.

I do think that certain individuals have experienced these stages themselves, but to sum up what I've said here, we simply lack the systems, language, and knowledge to properly articulate these stages in any meaningful way. Especially in light of the technological advancements and new philosophies that could come into being in the meantime. Think about how much society has changed just in the last 20 years, think about how much change happened for Blue to develop, for Orange, and for Green. I just don't think people who think about higher stages are appreciating how vast each stage really is and how dependent it is on the changes that happen between stages. 

@Elevated We have to make a distinction between civilizational development and individual development. We can observe large sets of turquoise individuals and gain knowlage about their behavior. There is a limit to what can be learned from measurements and questionnaires tho. The only way to truly understand a stage is intuitively by observing it in yourself. 

We don't need to observe a turquoise society to understand the priorities and way of thinking of turquoise individuals.

SD shouldn't be equated with cultural epochs. That green talks about transgenderism is dependent on cultural context. It might not happen in japan for example. Blue looks different everywhere, subjection of women is not a given. Spiral dynamics is about the human operating systems that underlie these cultural epochs.

Edited by martins name

The road to God is paved with bliss.

@martins name Perhaps you're right, it's something I have to do more investigations in it seems. I remain skeptical, but thank you. 

Edited by Elevated