Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mada_

Stop recommending Alpha-Lipoic-Acid

7 posts in this topic

I've seen a couple old threads where talk about ALA as if it is just another supplement. I have been reading "The Mercury Detoxification" manual, a book about Mercury Chelation via the Andy Cutler Method; ALA is used to test if you have Mercury, by taking increasing your dosage every three hours, if you experience side effects, it means that the Alpha-Lipoic-Acid has found something to Chelate - ALA is a chelating agent, it will move Mercury through your body, it is not just another supplement. 

There are other people on here that are more educated on the Andy Cutler method than me (I'm only like 40 pages into my book), and I would encourage them to contribute to this thread. 

I would hate for somebody to read a thread where someone mentions they take ALA as a supplement, then go out and buy it, and cause damage to themselves. 

Your post is in agreement with Leo's in this thread:

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

ALpha-Lipoic Acid is a powerful antioxidant not just a chelator. It can be very helpful for diabetics, people suffering from chronic fatigue syndrome or atherosclerosis. But if you are healthy your body produces enough of it. 

The mistake I see in all these detox threads is the reliance on one thing, magic pill to get you rid of everything that has been stored over years and decades. No, detox doesn't work like that. You need to eliminate all sorts of foods that burden your elimination channels and then go carefully one by one starting from the gut. A detox can last anywhere from 2-6 months. If you dump a bunch of DMSA down a toxic gut, all of those chelated particles will get reabsorbed through your leaky gut walls and you'll get the worst depression of your life. 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

16 minutes ago, Opo said:

How to know when the gut walls are fully healed? 

You can assess your symptoms for example many food sensitivities are caused by leaky gut and if you see them improving it means your gut is healing. But it may take anywhere from 1-3 months depends on the rate of damage & permeability. 

But unfortunately, we don't have a lot of good tests. You can measure the LPS in your blood, if they reduce it means the gut is healing and there is also the Zonulin test but I don't know how reliable that is 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus