bensenbiz

Spirituality against creativity?

7 posts in this topic

Iam an Actor and a Musician - since I started my  spiritual journey I am not so creative anymore. As I want  to spread awareness and not  low concious content. Because of that its  hard for me to get in to the flow and just create just stuff in a playful way.

Because of all my realizations I feel like I have a lot of responsibility. 
iam wondering if I am too hard on my self and take my art too serious..

are here some creative people who can relate? How do u deal with that?

Take from the Hindu concept of "Lila", that creation (all creation) is a divine play of the Supreme.

"The world is a mere spontaneous creation of Brahman. It is a Lila, or playful sport, of Brahman. It is created out of Bliss, by Bliss and for Bliss. Lila indicates a spontaneous sportive,playful activity of Brahman, which is distinguished from a self-conscious volitional effort. The concept of Lila signifies freedom of creation, distinguished from creating from necessity. A playful, aimless display which precipitates pain ,as well as joy, but in its bliss transcends them both.

@bensenbiz I'll refer you to my response to a thread discussed in summer. You'll find yourself in it.

@bensenbiz Read OSHO's book about Creativity. It will give you another perspective. And you must understand, there is a deep bond with creativity and spirituality. Look at Art of War for example or Musashi's book of five rings. I'm sorry, but I cannot explain it in a few sentences but to say read it. Whether it is sports, war, killing, or music it requires creativity to innovate new ideas, actions, and forms. If one does the same thing constantly again and again, it simply means the person is mechanical. And the opposite of mechanisms is spirit. You'll be very surprised to know, the greatest computer scientists like Steve Wozniak, businessmen Steve Jobs, Einstein, Sun Tzu (ART OF WAR), Mushashi are self proclaimed right brain thinkers, no joke. How is war and killing creative? Well, when one devises strategies to kill other armies, one cannot use the old ways because the other will have read many books about strategy. One needs to innovate new strategies to catch the other off guard and stumble and die. But to innovate, one must eliminate the past, because the new cannot come out of the past at all. Understood? 

It's all about the relation between eliminating the past and therefore creating something new. The new never comes out of the past or knowledge. And that is what spirituality does. One principle all greatest warlords have used to win battles is this, never doing what has been already known and learnt, catching the opponent off guard therefore confusing them. The essence of spirituality is this only, eliminating the past, eliminating time, to therefore let the timeless be borne out of that elimination. Music? IF you want to create music that has been already known, already played in the past, that's your choice. No problem. But if you want real music, something that is timeless and always new. What should you do?

Edited by charlie cho

Spirituality is supposed to make you much more creative. 10x 100x 1000x. etc.

You might be going through an ego backlash though. Basically an ego backlash is like a transition phase where your mind

is adapting and changing its structure to fit your new level of awareness.

During this time you might feel lazy physically, mentally, not want to do spiritual work, feel apathetic or unmotivated, etc.

Ego backlashes can last anywhere from an hour to a week usually ranging around 1-3 days in my experience.

12 hours ago, bensenbiz said:

Because of all my realizations I feel like I have a lot of responsibility. 
iam wondering if I am too hard on my self and take my art too serious..

Don't worry about being too serious or not being creative enough.

Just do what you gotta do and try your best. Thats all you can do. Whatever comes out comes out.

@bensenbiz

Spiritual work has helped my creativity tremendously overall. Yes, there's been dark night of the soul type times when I definitely didn't feel creative. But I've written more music and poetry in the last year than my entire life combined.

Just keep doing the work. The creativity will come as your brain hemispheres balance and you surrender into the infinite creativity that is already within you.

@bensenbiz yea

when you return to the creative "canvas" things will look different.

maybe more clear, more serious...

you can switch lanes or try and bring humanity into the low brow skits..

or write the stuff yourself but you know all this yeah?