knakoo

Awakening is the end of the need to understand

17 posts in this topic

Considering that @Leo Gura teachings strongly emphasise the importance of understanding, I think this video is an interesting other perspective.

It resonates more with me, but I am curious to know if someone can point the ways in which this perspective is limited.

In this video Sadhguru talks about the potential path to awakening through the intellect as being an option only for a very tiny minority. So I wonder if leo's teachings are appropriate for a large audience. 

Also following is my favorite video of Anna Brown. It was helpful for me the way she frames the ego has just added commentary.

Much love :) 

There isn't inside the organism an entity that understands stuff and holds this understanding. All smoke in the air. So in fact no body understands anything . Because there is no body home in the first place. 

#brown bear lol @Shin

Edited by Someone here

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

In the first video when she said "the real", I though she was gonna punch me :/

But hey I'm safe cause she said my face isn't made of matter :ph34r:

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

55 minutes ago, Someone here said:

There isn't inside the organism an entity that understands stuff and holds this understanding. All smoke in the air. So in fact no body understands anything . Because there is no body home in the first place. 

#brown bear lol @Shin

However,there is the creative intelligence (i.e, Consciousness),from which all knowledge and understanding is made possible. The same creative intelligence from which the experiential insight/understanding that "there is no body home", was made known.

Edited by Guru Fat Bastard

@Guru Fat Bastard that's true only to the extend you hold it as true. Which is rather short. 

-Osho

There is more than one kind of "understanding".

You feel that you know more about a girl after having sex with her once, than if you were to study things*about* her written down in a book.

The Bible ( in the king James version) says "Mary didn't know Joseph until they had Jesus birthed" but this is simply a reference for sexual intercourse. The is something that direct experience brings to the table that learned information can never replicate

Edited by Aaron p

I like how every female teachers have flowers or record in nature.

Male teachers be like "a chair and a green screen, that's all we need !".

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

4 minutes ago, Guru Fat Bastard said:

Is that true?

To the extent I hold it as so. 

-Osho

Awakening is the end of all needs. Life becomes a process of flow and generous creation instead of brute force doing stuff for petty materialistic goals. There's a sense of joy and freedom that comes with awakening that cannot be faked or forced. You seek what you seek because you want it, not because you need it, because you don't fear death anymore.

If you have no confidence in yourself, you are twice defeated in the race of life. But with confidence you have won, even before you start.” -- Marcus Garvey

3 minutes ago, Someone here said:

To the extent I hold it as so. 

But,but,there's no body home and no one to hold it. :D

2 minutes ago, Guru Fat Bastard said:

But,but,there's no body home and no one to hold it. :D

Exactly. Good boy getting woke lol ?

-Osho

13 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Exactly. Good boy getting woke lol ?

Wokeness,is always woke. ?

3 hours ago, Gesundheit said:

Awakening is the end of all needs. Life becomes a process of flow and generous creation instead of brute force doing stuff for petty materialistic goals. There's a sense of joy and freedom that comes with awakening that cannot be faked or forced. You seek what you seek because you want it, not because you need it, because you don't fear death anymore.

I have the impression that at some point, I guess it's when there isn't a center to consciousness anymore, there isn't a separate self that wants anything, just life happening.

3 hours ago, Shin said:

Haha

5 hours ago, Shin said:

spira and tolle use the flowers though

this might have been the first video i watched from a "female teacher" ehhh she should go back to the kitchen

jk she's good

2 hours ago, knakoo said:

I have the impression that at some point, I guess it's when there isn't a center to consciousness anymore, there isn't a separate self that wants anything, just life happening.

There already isn't a center to consciousness. And life is already just happening. Awakening is part of life, and so is delusion. The only difference after awakening is that there will be no more fear or resistance.

If you have no confidence in yourself, you are twice defeated in the race of life. But with confidence you have won, even before you start.” -- Marcus Garvey