Beginner Mind

Being Aware of Being Aware: Relaxing the Attention

32 posts in this topic

15 minutes ago, Beginner Mind said:

@Shin Nice!

Yeah, the "I'm not even moving even if the body moves" starts to be more and more present.

It's kind of funny, it's like you're a black hole and everything else is just sucked in you.

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

54 minutes ago, Shin said:

Yeah, the "I'm not even moving even if the body moves" starts to be more and more present.

It's kind of funny, it's like you're a black hole and everything else is just sucked in you.

That's cool man.  I've never really felt like a black hole but everyone's experience is different.  Maybe you've gone more deeply into it than I have.

1 hour ago, Beginner Mind said:

@Nahm I remain skeptical but I admire your faith in it. :)

I’ve no faith in it, just in you. It would be funny for anyone to be skeptical of there being stars, when they could check & see, and live under so much beauty.

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

Why not just say “be aware”? What’s the need for self reference?

6 hours ago, Nahm said:

I’ve no faith in it, just in you. It would be funny for anyone to be skeptical of there being stars, when they could check & see, and live under so much beauty.

I suspect everything is predetermined (beginning with the 'Big Bang' and continuing to expand into the present moment) and so I doubt that anything I could ever think could possibly alter what is destined to unfold.

Having said that, I very much appreciate your compassionate nature and desire to help others.

Edited by Beginner Mind

22 minutes ago, 73809 said:

Why not just say “be aware”? What’s the need for self reference?

Good point.  If you are just aware, awareness will automatically be aware of itself.  It's the same thing at the end of the day.  Whatever floats your boat.

7 hours ago, Beginner Mind said:

I suspect everything is predetermined (beginning with the 'Big Bang' and continuing to expand into the present moment) and so I doubt that anything I could ever think could possibly alter what is destined to unfold.

Having said that, I very much appreciate your compassionate nature and desire to help others.

Why not ?

If it turns out that you are the universe, everything you think comes in existence.

Isn't it so ?

Banana or human being ?

God is love

And God in them

@Shin I don't think either side here will be convinced by the opposing viewpoint so debate is pretty pointless.

Edit: Removed part of post to avoid debate.

Edited by Beginner Mind

5 minutes ago, Beginner Mind said:

@Shin All I know is, as a human I am a product of my genes and conditioning (which I had no control over) and everything I think, say, and do is determined by my genes and conditioning.  So ultimately, free will is an illusion.  There is no doer, no one here who can willfully magically manifest something.

Anyway, I don't think either side here will be convinced by the opposing viewpoint so debate is pretty pointless.

That's assuming you're a human being to begin with though :D

God is love

And God in them

5 minutes ago, Shin said:

That's assuming you're a human being to begin with though :D

I am Spacious Presence, wearing the mask of a person.  No need to reject the mask. :)