dflores321

Modafinil Dosage Advice?

15 posts in this topic

Im new to modafinil, what would be a good first time dose to have a good glimpse into the effects without getting too intense?

"As long as you're enthralled by a lifeless form, you're not free."

-A Buddha

It depends on how sensitive you are. 100mg is already too much for me, I usually go for 50mg.

@levani Every day, never, once a week, every other day... all have their pros and cons. I was prescribed 200mg for narcolepsy but eventually got on the much-preferred Dexedrine (plain dextroamphetamine, without the dirtier/speedier L isomer found in Adderall), which I used for years, but it was really a crutch and I was basically just getting high off it. Made classes very easy though.

Edited by The0Self

100mg

You are God. You are Love. You are Infinity. You are Leo.

Start with 50mg first thing in the morning, 15min at least before eating food. If after a couple of hour you want it to be more intense, then take the other half of the pill. 100mg can easily be too much if you are sensitive.

Thanks guys! I'll be trying modafinil tomorrow for the first time, I may report the effects on the forum.

-A Buddha

Hmm, looking at the responses here, maybe I shouldn't have recommended 200mg. I never went under 200mg myself. I "have" narcolepsy though -- it's in remission now; almost considered unheard of by the medical community. I greatly preferred dextroamphetamine to modafinil, fwiw.

1 hour ago, The0Self said:

I "have" narcolepsy though -- it's in remission now

Wow, this is a great achievement indeed! Maybe you should make a post out of it sometimes :) I'd be curious to read about your journey

I may make a post about this :  But do not mix modafinil and coffee

I remember last year I did that and I had a horrible horrible reaction. I was insanely tense and jittery, even felt super angry at one point. It almost felt like I was on meth or spice or something intensely stimulating and unpleasant (never done meth). I barely slept that night either. 

I even felt kind messed up the next couple days. It´s a terrible combination. 

I wonder if green tea and modafinil would be safe, but I'm scared to try mixing with any caffiene. 

Edited by Striving for more

Start with 50mg, quarter pills that is, about 8 in the morning, those bastards will have you wired til' night time, dont refill, or you wont be able to sleep. After about 5 months of on and off use you might feel the need to up dose to 100mg, half pills. 

@Striving for more Modafinil is already strong asf from what ive heard, im not really into mixing it with other stims. I used to do that with coffee and concerta, one day had either a heart attack warning or a panic attack, either way it scared me enough to never over stimulate my body again. 

@Rilles After researching and looking online, im gonna use 100 mg first to see if I feel anything, if its too intense ill go down to 50 mg. Im gonna take it at around 4am-5am so that I have most of the morning to work on my own stuff. 

Also, im exercising regularly, would it be safe to do some cardio before I take modafinil?

-A Buddha

50mg-100mg

Have some antihistamine pills(benadryl, diphenhydramine) around just in case you take too much. It'll kill the effects.

8 hours ago, dflores321 said:

Also, im exercising regularly, would it be safe to do some cardio before I take modafinil?

Ive never had any experience of an elevated heartbeat even at higher doses, youll be fine. I stay at 70-80 bpm throughout. It doesnt affect the brain/heart the same as other stimulants, since its a wakefulness agent which is different.

Edited by Rilles