Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Seed

Adrenaline rushes in the night!

1 post in this topic

I have a big issue.

Basically - the more 'chill'.... 'aware' and 'grounded' I am in the day time... e.g letting my feelings go, meditating, keeping to a routine. not overthinking.. then the less I sleep at night.

On the days where I am at my peak in terms of clarity - the more I writh around in bed, like I am possesed by a growly bear. 

I have tried meditating before bed and to get back to sleep, but this just makes me worse.

I have found the only way to deal with it, is to just accept it. But it isn't nice and I tend to wake up very unsettled and agitated. 

The following day is then spent intergating back into the physical world, regulating my emotions... excersize, yoga, work etc. So I do calm down eventually. But the more I do so, the more adrenalised I will be when it is time to sleep.

I lie there and have the biggest adrenaline rushes. It is like I am about to drop from the top of a rollercoaster and my guts are churning with excitment and fear! Though I have nothing to be excited or fearful of !?!

I really do enjoy my sleep and would love to find a way to sleep. 

PS. When I do sleep, which I do in small chunks, depending on how 'good' the day was (the better the day, the worse the night). When I do sleep, I am fully aware during my dreams.... so the dreams happen but there is this voice or knowing or energy, I can't really describe it, that tells me to 'let go' all night long. This is an ongoing awareness. So even when I am asleep, I am still partially concious.

Anyone else have similar issues or  have any advice?

Thanks! :-)