Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tezk

Looking for a meditation retreat buddy (Australia)

9 posts in this topic

Long shot here, but if there’s anyone from Sydney (or near-abouts in Australia) and you’re interested in doing extended periods of time in deep meditation, consciousness work, self inquiry, retreat-like setting, etc AND you’re interested in combining resources eg money for accomodation & food, to make this a long term feasible opportunity, private message me. 

If you have any questions, private message me too! 

Please forgive me if I’ve posted this in the wrong sub forum.

Edited by tezk
Additional info

https://www.youtube.com/@tommicallef 

"The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are." - Joseph Campbell

@tezk Excessively bumping threads is against forum guidelines, so please don't continue doing that.

But to answer your post, the whole point of going on retreat is to be alone. Even if you attend a big group retreat you're still doing it alone, eating alone. I'd strongly recommend not going with some one else unless you are completely separated from them, not talking etc.

"Find what you love and let it kill you." - Charles Bukowski

20 hours ago, Space said:

Excessively bumping threads is against forum guidelines, so please don't continue doing that.

Am I allowed to bump a thread after 24 hours? (Genuine question). Forgive me for being 30 minutes too early on that first bump.

20 hours ago, Space said:

But to answer your post, the whole point of going on retreat is to be alone. Even if you attend a big group retreat you're still doing it alone, eating alone. I'd strongly recommend not going with some one else unless you are completely separated from them, not talking etc.

I am aware of this. The point of this thread is to find a local partner to make the opportunity of a retreat more feasible, hence why I spoke about combining resources. 

1 hour ago, tezk said:

Am I allowed to bump a thread after 24 hours? (Genuine question). Forgive me for being 30 minutes too early on that first bump.

I am aware of this. The point of this thread is to find a local partner to make the opportunity of a retreat more feasible, hence why I spoke about combining resources. 

I think one bump may be acceptable if you received no replies after a week. No more than that please.

Go to a 10-day Vipassana retreat. They're held all over the world and they're completely free with food and lodging provided for the whole duration.

"Find what you love and let it kill you." - Charles Bukowski

2 hours ago, Space said:

think one bump may be acceptable if you received no replies after a week. No more than that please.

Okay.

2 hours ago, Space said:

Go to a 10-day Vipassana retreat. They're held all over the world and they're completely free with food and lodging provided for the whole duration.

Thank you but that is not what I am after having created this thread. I am aware having attended and served Vipassana retreats ?. They’re great but not what I am after right now.