Guest EmptyVase

Discovering Awesomeness

186 posts in this topic

It feels great getting back to Kriya Yoga again. I didn't do it properly for over half a year because some stuff bubbled up, which I had to take care of first. But now I'm getting back to it, and the results are much more fruitful than ever.

I will get into one aspect here, which is the interplay of physical health and the flow of energy.

I worked a lot on my posture, and the results show in the pranayamas. My posture problem included being numb to a certain degree in my left upper body. As I'm fixing that, I notice how the left nadi opens up. When before, I could only perceive the energy flowing through the right nadi, now the left nadi is also clearly perceivable. Also, as I'm doing Kriya Pranayamas, the energy goes up the spine in a straight way. Before, there were many fluctuations as I pulled the energy up. You can imagine it like a straight line going upward, but the line isn't really straight, but has random 'S' shapes in it. It curved randomly, 'spilled out' to the side, and lost its momentum, as it was being pulled upward. I think a lot of it had to do with my left side being numbed, thus the left energy channel being blocked. I' pretty positive that this will help me out with balancing the ida/pingala nadis. I feel that with each yoga technique, they get more and more balanced and synchronized. 

I'm also getting back into channeling. During my yoga practice, I'm being flooded with amazing insights and visions. The flood of downloads sometimes make it hard to be still, as I'm getting so pumped to write all these insights down, before forgetting them. I still need to figure out a way how to sit still during Yoga, but also not forgetting all the insights I'm receiving. It really is a bit like a psychedelic trip, thinking 'oh shoot, I gotta write all of this down NOW'. ?

Edited by EmptyVase

Creative Thinking

When I was younger, I had an amazing capacity of creative thinking. As I grew up, I started 'losing' this capability. Concepts stepped into the place of creativity. Nevertheless, I can remember, as formal concepts were increasingly introduced to my life, that I always gave these concepts insightful and creative spins. So even if I had a boring concept in front of me, I'd have my fun with it because I could be creative with it. But now, I feel disconnected from that childlike creativity.

I still consider myself to be creative, but that creativity from my childhood was just on another level. It was such an extraordinary out of the box thinking, at least as far as I can remember, that it is hard to pinpoint what that creativity boiled down to. It took on so many different forms, that I couldn't even boil it down to "one discipline". Just overarching, pure creativity. I didn't care if it would have a use or not, as I just enjoyed expressing the creative flow. That creativity involved everything and was super inclusive. So, for example, one might say that rational thinking is not creative - but I just bombarded rational thinking with creativity, and amazing stuff came out. Everything was fascinating. Or at the very least, could be made fascinating.

I mean, of course I could use the concept of spirituality, saying "yeah that's source, it's acting from a place of being" - but that ain't it either, cause it's still a concept.

It would just flow freely. For example: I would listen to a song, and expand the melody in my head, or add voicings on top of it. I'd even take parts of a melody of a song, and create my own song in my head by rearranging these parts.

What also comes to mind is a game I made up: I'd just kick a soccer ball as hard as I could in a corner, and watch which direction and movements the ball would take, bouncing from object to object, smashing down vases, and other stuff, which would then cause a domino-like chain reaction, and all sorts of stuff would just fall on the ground, sometimes in a beautiful and ordered manner, sometimes just completely chaotic. Doesn't sound really creative, but it gives me the right feeling.

+ with all these spiritual and self-help concepts, it feels like creativity was further being veiled. The move, away from concepts towards all these fluffy spiritual terms, is already the pointer. And indeed, it already helps getting more in touch with that creative flow again. But it still "ain't that".

Asking you @Nahm would, in a sense, be just more conceptual. But that's a topic which draws my attention since quite a while, and I could never unleash that superb childlike creativity. And I really crave it.

Edited by EmptyVase

1 hour ago, EmptyVase said:

I still consider myself to be creative

That wasn’t going on in childhood. It’s not actually going on now either. It’s just a self referential thought. It’s a mirage. 

You - create that thought - by being it. There is no need to believe it. It is you. It is not about you. 

A thought about what to create is worth more than a million about oneself. 

You are not creative. That does not define or actually describe you. You are creator creating creation, and you are indescribable and undefinable. 

Why are you talking about yourself when you could be kicking a soccer ball right now. ?

Keep in mind... one could be experiencing the creating of the conceptual, and very much experiencing creativity...but the product or outcome, to another, would be conceptual. In such a case it would behoove you to do as they do, yet not to listen to what they say. An example would be when I make a actuality of being video, it’s conceptual with the hope the concepts conveyed are realized in actuality...but when I create & produce a song, the ‘product’ is not conceptual. Ever notice how few enlightened teachers there are, compared to enlightened musicians? It’s like 1 to 1 million.

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

1 hour ago, Nahm said:

An example would be when I make a actuality of being video, it’s conceptual with the hope the concepts conveyed are realized in actuality...but when I create & produce a song, the ‘product’ is not conceptual. Ever notice how few enlightened teachers there are, compared to enlightened musicians? It’s like 1 to 1 million.

Well that's a crappy, limiting perspective that doesn't resonate or feel good.

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

1 hour ago, Nahm said:

@seeking_brilliance

Why do I have a feeling the punchline is ‘it’s this’..? 9_9

Its right here: 
(under our noses all this time)

Edited by seeking_brilliance

Check out my lucid dreaming anthology series, Stars of Clay  

31 minutes ago, Nahm said:

@mandyjw

How so? 

Teaching is an art and has the potential to be as spontaneous, free and just as fun as any other art form. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

@mandyjw

I meant for the listener. That’s what was meant by ‘product’, or video / recording, output. You might be taking it like I was talking about the experience of (teaching). ‘Product’ wise, the listener is listening to a conceptualization, and then it’s on the listener to realize the actuality pointed to. With a song, there’s the song. No concept, pointing, nothing to be realized, etc.  We can make up purpose and intention any which way, but it’s not inherent.

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Nahm Ah ok, I gotcha. Yeah, resonance and inspiration are all of their own making and not dependent or inherent in presenter or audience.  

I really like this quote from Nisargadatta when it comes to trying to "get" and "keep" insights and teachings, "Whatever you forget, is not the truth, always remember that."  xD

What happened here? ?

15 hours ago, Nahm said:

That wasn’t going on in childhood. It’s not actually going on now either. It’s just a self referential thought. It’s a mirage. 

You - create that thought - by being it. There is no need to believe it. It is you. It is not about you. 

A thought about what to create is worth more than a million about oneself. 

You are not creative. That does not define or actually describe you. You are creator creating creation, and you are indescribable and undefinable. 

Starting to feel some type of way.. slowly starting to feel that something deep inside is being shaken awake. Bells start to ring louder.

15 hours ago, Nahm said:

Why are you talking about yourself when you could be kicking a soccer ball right now. ?

You're right, thoughts ain't gonna smack down them vases. xD

15 hours ago, Nahm said:

Keep in mind... one could be experiencing the creating of the conceptual, and very much experiencing creativity...but the product or outcome, to another, would be conceptual. In such a case it would behoove you to do as they do, yet not to listen to what they say. An example would be when I make a actuality of being video, it’s conceptual with the hope the concepts conveyed are realized in actuality...but when I create & produce a song, the ‘product’ is not conceptual. Ever notice how few enlightened teachers there are, compared to enlightened musicians? It’s like 1 to 1 million.

That's true. That's why copying a master is very limited, too. You can try to copy something genuinely creative, by conceptualizing and replicating it, but that wouldn't be the same as actually tapping into creativity. But everyone has to start somewhere, right? From ape to Buddha.

As a child, I'd never think about trying to be creative - it would just be creative. Or when I'm making music nowadays, when I'm deeply in flow and create some amazing sounds, I never actually think about it.

Now that I'm thinking about it.. or in other words, if I'd conceptualize it: the ego-creater (the musician) passes away, and there's only creation. Creator creating creation becomes one because there's no one to think about creating anything. It's just flow flowing. Pure action so to speak. Hm. On to something here. Better not think about it. Dissolving into the back-ground sounds better. ?

15 hours ago, seeking_brilliance said:

you should come check out my creative lab

What's that?

12 hours ago, mandyjw said:

"Whatever you forget, is not the truth, always remember that." 

Beautiful. :)

41 minutes ago, EmptyVase said:

What's that?

Here's one-- Use the picture prompts to inspire a story. Or make your own stories. Like was said, its not that you're being creative. Creation/Creator is creating creativity. (hopefully I didn't muck that up) And there's also created a  (space-less) space for funneled creativity, such as the thread below:

Edited by seeking_brilliance

Check out my lucid dreaming anthology series, Stars of Clay  

@seeking_brilliance

That's a cool way to spark creativity. Reminds me of musicians who would throw paint on blank music sheets to create melodies out of that.

I think at this point, I need to forget about everything I learned about spirituality and personal development. In order to unleash beast mode creativity, I gotta figure things out for myself and reduce the intake of predigested wisdom. Whoa. Feels good to write it out like this. I'm feeling it in the solar-plexus area. My intuition tells me I should follow that feeling.

Favorite Accounts

I'm noticing how I'm slowly backing off from the forum. This forum is an incredible resource and I wish there would be the time to map all the good stuff out for future use. Ain't nobody got time for that. So, as a short version, I'll just list some of the accounts which I've personally found to be the most insightful and informative.

Leo Gura: https://www.actualized.org/forum/profile/1-leo-gura/

Nahm: https://www.actualized.org/forum/profile/5864-nahm/

Forestluv: https://www.actualized.org/forum/profile/8874-forestluv/

Michael569: https://www.actualized.org/forum/profile/4740-michael569/

GreenWoods: https://www.actualized.org/forum/profile/16202-greenwoods/

mandyjw: https://www.actualized.org/forum/profile/2261-mandyjw/