tricksntraps

What do stage Green/Yellow/Turquoise businesses look like? Any Examples?

14 posts in this topic

Any links to ideas or concepts of businesses or organizations would be interesting to learn about

Edited by tricksntraps
grammar

@tricksntraps

Worker cooperatives are definitely on that list. Triple bottom lines companies (people, planet, profit) are a step in the right direction but I don't see as a real long term solution as they still are dependent on profit.

Pay What You Can business models may have potential.

Organizations like Slow Money are making 0% loans a reality.

There's community owned business and shared income, like at Twin Oaks.

And you also have LETS systems and Timebanking.

Essentially, I believe businesses in the future will be small, local and not for-profit. They will exist to benefit the community they exist in, not to make money.

Thanks for those links. Suppose those are more green examples

What category would open source software fall in to?
for example:

https://www.blender.org/

It seems to be more towards yellow/turquoise side I think?

This book might be interesting to check out.

Frederic Laloux

Reinventing Organizations: An Illustrated Invitation to Join the Conversation on Next-Stage Organizations

Want to connect? Just do it, I assure you I'm just a human being just like you, drop me a PM today. 

Stage Green business - organic food or minority rights advocacy businesses 

Stage Turquoise - book sale 

Stage Yellow - 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

@aurum I'm tagging ya as a high-consciousness business too since you didn't tag yourself. ;)

On 11/22/2020 at 1:35 AM, tricksntraps said:

What category would open source software fall in to?
for example:

https://www.blender.org/

It seems to be more towards yellow/turquoise side I think?

I'd consider it as part of the shift away from commoditization and towards gift economy / community. Probably some mix of green / yellow.

I'm mostly concerned with what the next phase of business is going to look like. We need green before we can start thinking about turquoise.

2 hours ago, SirVladimir said:

@aurum I'm tagging ya as a high-consciousness business too since you didn't tag yourself. ;)

Right back at ya B|

To me that seems like a contradiction in terms. "business" seems like a lower stage concept, the doing something to get money from others as a way to survive. I would hypothesize one that fully realizes they are God (turquoise) would either keep a solitary life, or be one of contribution to "others". When you are contribution and love to others, people will naturally contribute to you. Hence survival needs can be nothing of worry, as life will provide when you're in sync with it. But it is hard to imagine a world without business, this for that, in the low stages world we live in. 

It's easy to get fixated on the products or services such a business would offer/sell, but it is equally so, I'd say more so, about values and people inside of such organizations and how they organize and interact, and how management of such an organization appears, or appears "less managerial", or as not being managed, while still apparently ordered by management, around a system that is flat/flatter with higher levels of sense of personal/intrinsic responsibility among everyone "participating" in such an organization. A true sense of self-organization around higher purpose and higher values than "making money" or finite targets within imaginary time frames such as yearly budgets. 

Sustainability of course becomes key and unity goes beyond a sense of "community" or "family" - resources, worldly, material, psychological and so on, holistic approach. 

Values include impact on lives, inside and outside of the organizations and not necessarily targets work that is per definition about humanity, meta-perspectives go way beyond the purpose on the market alone.

Business becomes a game/play rather than a need to make money, fame, traditional success, approval, hierarcial social ladder needs that are filling deficiency needs. Focus, is towards fulfilling being needs of self, entity and world.

Lines becoming increasingly blurred out between work and non-work. People no longer think of businesses as work but a calling to becoming what they need to be, resistences fall. Going to work is self-expression.

A note here is also that, the people in such organizations themselves don't need to be at the same level of development, or having the awareness of such development, but instead is allowed to express and exercise themselves at their best brought out by the structure and systems arranged by the deliberate design of the business itself. In that sense such organizations themselves become a growing-ground for further, and accelerated societal developmental growth, for the sake of such being-cognition values on its own.

A kind of kindergarten that just like childrens kindergarten offer a growing ground for developmental growth and preparation for the adult life, this becomes a kindergarten for adults to continue to mature past adolescens spiritually speaking and becoming true adult in an integrated, more holistic sense of the word. 

Not obsessively focused on what we do, and instead [non-obsessively] on how we do and the impact of that doing, in the now, short term and long term. Without any ideological stance. *Being*

Similar businesses start formning a sort of informal support system for mantained sustainability of mankind itself, that ensures perpetual coexistence with ever increasing automation, robotics, AI and so forth, where the labour of man becomes an ever decreasing need.

Edited by Eph75

Want to connect? Just do it, I assure you I'm just a human being just like you, drop me a PM today. 

It would make for a good documentary series to see how the world would function at stage Turquoise.

Actualized.org counts as a yellow & turquoise business.

Mental health workers who use psychadelics correctly are mostly yellow.

I consider wikipedia yellow-ish (mix of orange & yellow).

Edited by Michal__

Ecosia.org

Sometimes the only thing you have to doubt is your own common sense