iceprincess

should I get a copper IUD?

11 posts in this topic

Leo has been talking a lot about heavy metal toxicity and I was wondering whether it would be safe to get a copper iud. if not copper maybe the hormonal iud instead? idk I just hate condoms so much lol and I dont wanna rely on birth control. 

Copper is not a heavy metal per se, but still probably not good in the long-term.

I would test out all your options to see which one has least side-effects for you. Girls tend to have different side-effects on different methods and it varies a lot from girl to girl. Only way to know is to test it.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@iceprincess look for contraceptive implants. It is very effective way birth control , more than 99 percent efficacy, no estrogen, just progesterone and works up to three years!!

I am the only thing stopping myself from receiving infinite Love form Myself. I am Infinite Love for god sake.

A gf of mine absolutely HATED the copper IUD. But apparently not everyone reacts that way. Copper isn't really that toxic but it does sort of act as a counter to zinc so with more copper entering your body you often need more zinc (which purges excess copper from the body), and excess copper can be quite harmful -- I'm pretty sure its associated with psychosis and anemia.

6 hours ago, Eren Eeager said:

look for contraceptive implants. It is very effective way birth control , more than 99 percent efficacy, no estrogen, just progesterone and works up to three years!!

Damn that sounds like a great option. Progesterone is supposed to be pretty good for you. I think it can decrease sex drive though.

Don't look for implants. Just birth control pills. That's the best. 

And next is condoms. 

No better option than birth control. That's what my mom did. 

Implants are unhealthy. Any kind of implant Will fuck you up for life. 

My mom used to always advice against implants because they are in your body and not good. Horrible effects even after removal. 

There was a woman in my apartment who used implants not sure what sort. But she suffered permanent reproductive problems even after their removal. They are just nasty 

Edited by Preety_India

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

I think OP would get better answers on a specific Health related forum on such complex issues. It's too dangerous to prescribe or proscribe on such matters by random people. Talk to multiple Docs and read reviews online.

11 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

No better option than birth control.

People have different bodies and different genetics and there is no such thing as one best birth control method for everyone.

What didn't work for you might work well for another. Be careful generalizing from a handful of personal experiences.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Preety_India OCP and the implant both use synthetic progesterone So you might expect the same side effects from the progesterone side. But OCP Use estrogen also so you might expect more side effects from using estrogen. Estrogen increase the risk for vein clots, and some benign tumors in the liver.

I am the only thing stopping myself from receiving infinite Love form Myself. I am Infinite Love for god sake.

@Eren Eeager  yea kinda disgusting when I think of all of it. To be honest. 

Why did God have to do this. Argh. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

14 hours ago, iceprincess said:

idk I just hate condoms so much lol and I dont wanna rely on birth control. 

Getting any sort of contraception (oral/vaginal/patches) for the purpose of discomfort from condoms is very shortsighted strategy. I wouldn't absolutely recommend it. Couple reasons: 

* Mirena has been linked to vaginal bleeding, possible infection, endometriosis, PID & possible complications of female menstrual cycle
* It leeches copper into your body which can offset your Zinc stores and if your Zinc gets depleted, your gut will become permeable, your immunity will get F...ed and all sorts of shitstorm can come out of that
* Contraception use has also been linked to deep venal thrombosis in females and for women who also smoke the risk of breast cancer is increased 8 fold. The link between breast cancer & contraception (without smoking) hasn't been proven yet but it has not been rejected either. 

Definitely no unless you have severe hormonal problems. It is just not worth doing this sort of offense to your health fr the discomfort of condoms. 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

If you're not able to enjoy sex with condoms, it would not make such a big difference without it.

It's more important to have the right person to do it with.