Mosess

Is it possible to live without an ego?

37 posts in this topic

50 minutes ago, Mosess said:

so your saying it is better to drop everything and go full on enlightenment now?

Thinking in terms of "better" and "worse" is ego.

What do you want?

If you have no confidence in yourself, you are twice defeated in the race of life. But with confidence you have won, even before you start.” -- Marcus Garvey

When Awakening occurs there is still a conditioned character it's just no longer identified with or strongly attached to any longer.

For example if you have been a crane operator for 20 years and have an Awakening you don't forget how to be a crane operator.

Sure your Ambitions and motivations may change but that could have happened anyways.

Or you might realize that hundred dollars an hour crane operating is very beneficial to your family's survival needs and continue doing it.

So yes after Awakening a normal life can still continue with less suffering and attachment to outcomes and circumstances.

"It's fair game after enlightenment"

And it's completely unpredictable what will happen until it does ❤

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

Huh, I think I have a chance at this. Maybe I’ll chase after this. Could happen in my future. Live with no ego.

4 minutes ago, 73809 said:

Huh, I think I have a chance at this. Maybe I’ll chase after this. Could happen in my future. Live with no ego.

9_9

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

This is fun ?

Yes it seems quite nonsensical to hear that the ego or sense of self is not real... because it sure does seem to be real right?

And of course then a question arises, so then how exactly do 'I' wake up if the ego and sense of self are already unreal. 

This is where there's a lot of confusion because it's a real and unreal experience.

Real in the sense that when there is an identification with mind as the separate sense of self or ego it feels completely real.... "I am here and everything else is out there".

Unreal and the sense that when this identification with the mind ends, it's simultaneously and for the first time recognized as being a completely illusory experience.

This is why the best word to describe this apparent debacle is ILLUSION ( something that seems completely real but utterly lacks in reality) like a mirage in the desert that keeps you walking for water.

The sense of 'I' that wants to wake up is literally what goes bye bye when Awakening occurs. 

It's not as drastic as it sounds because remember it's already not real ?

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

46 minutes ago, 73809 said:

@Moksha it’s ironic isn’t it? Can’t pursue ego death without the ego. Or can you?

Anything pursuing or pursued is part of the dream.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

2 minutes ago, Moksha said:

Anything pursuing or pursued is part of the dream.

The ego exists because the mind believes it is self. Ego exists as thought, assumption, etc. It is an illusion and that illusion does exist. There is no real “I” there, but appearances are deceiving.

The dream ironically is a dream of ego xD 

57 minutes ago, 73809 said:

Can’t pursue ego death without the ego.

The ego begins to cross the bridge of awakening, but when it gets to the other side, nobody is there anymore.

@73809 Ego is the dream :)

On 11/21/2020 at 1:24 PM, Gesundheit said:

Thinking in terms of "better" and "worse" is ego.

What do you want?

Yea well we gotta do what we gotta do to communicate what we mean

I want what is better. I still lack financial independence so i think i'll focus on that for a while, won't abandon my spiritual practices though.

Thank you for the advice everyone! Much love <3 

Ego thinks it's a thing so it's constantly fucking stuff up. It thinks it sees other things as they are and how they are. Little does it know that what it thinks it knows is already past, dead and gone. It killed it. So it fears being past, dead and gone, because it already IS that, creating that, covering over the immutable, immortal, actuality of its true Identity. 

You can experience that when you surrender to life, things work out amazingly well, and things that really didn't are seen as actually working out too. 

It's a lot more surprising that we can live with that misconception than without it. 

"Therefore I say unto you, Be not anxious for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than the food, and the body than the raiment? Behold the birds of the heaven, that they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; and your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are not ye of much more value than they? And which of you by being anxious can add one cubit unto [a]the measure of his life?  And why are ye anxious concerning raiment? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin: yet I say unto you, that even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. - Jesus

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

Walk through the door and you'll know.

Also, there is no door !

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

1 minute ago, Shin said:

Walk through the door and you'll know.

Also, there is no door !

I a door you. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

On 11/21/2020 at 6:33 PM, VeganAwake said:

When Awakening occurs there is still a conditioned character it's just no longer identified with or strongly attached to any longer.

For example if you have been a crane operator for 20 years and have an Awakening you don't forget how to be a crane operator.

Sure your Ambitions and motivations may change but that could have happened anyways.

Or you might realize that hundred dollars an hour crane operating is very beneficial to your family's survival needs and continue doing it.

So yes after Awakening a normal life can still continue with less suffering and attachment to outcomes and circumstances.

"It's fair game after enlightenment"

And it's completely unpredictable what will happen until it does ❤

Boom, 'I' like this one! 

The character & personality live on, you just know yourself to be more, well in fact, quite literally everything lmao. 

One thing you forgot to mention- 

Life is 10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000x better post awakening

I think it was Shinzen Young who said he would rather live one day after his awakening, than 1000 in his life pre-awakening. 

Absolute freedom! 

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

21 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

I a door you. 

Me too :)

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them