ArabiaNytes

What's Your Experience With Psychotherapy?

3 posts in this topic

Hello, people of Act.!

I am a student of psychology in pursuit of becoming a doctor, (PsyD). I have heard a former doctor say something like this: Most of them do not fit the job, some of them help people, and very few are actually destined for this career. 

Unfortunately, for all those who seek help, this may be a reality in finding the right doctor.

If you have had therapy, may you chime in with your experience?

Do you like him/her?

What is their methodology?

How long have you been seeing them?

Why do you think it works, or doesn't work, well for you?

Any tips you would give them to being better at their job?

These are only a handful of questions picked from a meadow of desired inquiry. Answer however you like. Thank you.

?

Why do I rarely ever get any feedback when I post....can't delete this seemingly pointless post. lmao okaaaaaaaay ??

@ArabiaNytes I learned a bit from therapy sessions for struggling with bipolar. I have had this particular therapist for the past year, and it's working better than the last one did. Last year's therapist wasn't invested in helping me as much as she was into shoving pills down my throat. I do often undergo periods where I feel it's pointless talking to another human about my internal problems when it's really something I should figure out from within. Hypnotherapy was really helpful for me, and I am scheduling another session soon. 

Not related but your user name has me thinking of my childhood.