VeganAwake

Who wants to awaken?

53 posts in this topic

39 minutes ago, Claymoree said:

Do I have free will to do it? 

Is there a 'YOU' actually thinking the thought "Do I have free will to do it", or do the thoughts just arise?

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

Awakening,Liberation or Enlightenment is the disentangling from the socially conditioned mind matrix known as 'ME' or the knower.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

1 hour ago, VeganAwake said:

What happens if a meteor annihilates the planet :o

Oh Wait, we will be cosmic consciousness

LOL. The proplem is you have false assumptions about what consciousness is. 

Long story short.. It doesn't matter what happens to your body. Even if you annihilate your body with a nuclear weapon.. You won't die. Cuz you were never the body to begin with. 

1 hour ago, Claymoree said:

Do I have free will to do it? 

Free will lol. The free will question these days just brings me to laughter. 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

40 minutes ago, Someone here said:

LOL. The proplem is you have false assumptions about what consciousness is. 

Long story short.. It doesn't matter what happens to your body. Even if you annihilate your body with a nuclear weapon.. You won't die. Cuz you were never the body to begin with. 

Well it is true that nothing will die, but not because it's infinite consciousness... it's because that which believes itself to be infinite consciousness is a completely and utterly total illusion.

So in that sense death is already the case because nothing was alive to begin with.

This is actually what Peter Ralston is pointing to in this video although I'm sure it's misunderstood time and time again.

Edited by VeganAwake

46 minutes ago, VeganAwake said:

Well it is true that nothing will die, but not because it's infinite consciousness... it's because that which believes itself to be infinite consciousness is a completely and utterly total illusion.

So in that sense death is already the case because nothing was alive to begin with.

This is actually what Peter Ralston is pointing to in this video although I'm sure it's misunderstood time and time again.

"The nothing that you think isn't the nothing I'm talking about" ?. 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

46 minutes ago, Someone here said:

"The nothing that you think isn't the nothing I'm talking about" ?. 

All of you are wrong, I am right!!! :) 

There is free will, but it is so free that you can't even see it. 

An uncharacteristically good title question.  I love threads that make me think!..  : )

*Ahem*

*Clears throat*

Ok, got an answer:

Fear is who wants to awaken.

Deduction:

Desire to awaken ← Desire for positive change ← Desire for no suffering ← Suffering ← Fear/Belief ⇿ Limitations 

• Fear = Awareness of fear.  (Awareness is the same as existence).
  • Fear is the motivation behind the desire for change.
  • You are aware of fear = You are the fear.  You want death (as you're fear, the motivation for its own death).
  • Death = Awakening.

Without limitations, there could be no fear as you could make yourself feel as happy as you wanted.  But the Limitations themselves don't cause you to do/feel anything, they just enable fear.  To lose suffering you could lose your limitations, the only other way would be to lose the fear response you have to those limitations.  So, you as your limitations want to die, but only because of the fear.  Kill the fear, and the limitations don't matter anymore.

You could say the problem is the limitations OR the fear.  Both equally valid, but the requirement for life is that you choose the latter.

Edited by nitramadas

You may not like it, but this is what peak performance looks like.

The one who believes that it wants to awaken is the ego, because it realizes that it suffers and wants to improve its situation, and because it perceives that it is a hollow illusion. what he cannot see is that awakening is precisely his death, which is why it is almost impossible for him to achieve it. when by accident the ego is cracked (suffering, psychedelics), I think that if it is possible to file the ego and make way for what is underneath

31 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

The one who believes that it wants to awaken is the ego,

To wake up is to transcend the ego?

7 hours ago, nitramadas said:

Fear is who wants to awaken.

Maybe for you. Not so for me. My desire to awaken comes from a combination of boredom and irritation.

edit: wait is this rude? Sorry I meant to share, not be rude

Edited by 73809

Personality wants to awaken, and it never can by itself. The body, the mind, sensations, feelings, perceptions, thoughts, and desires are all fields of forces that Consciousness bundles into a dream form. Waking up is nothing more than Consciousness realizing itself within the dream form. The more awake someone becomes, the more sublime these energies become, until the someone entirely dissolves.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

44 minutes ago, 73809 said:

To wake up is to transcend the ego?

awakening is realizing your true nature, which is eclipsed by the ego, so yes, if you transcend the ego your true nature manifests

Ego Transcendence is the clear understanding of how it was created, identified with and has essentially been running 'YOU' like a software program. 

Watch from 10:05 - 12:05 ❤

11 hours ago, Claymoree said:

All of you are wrong, I am right!!! :) 

There is free will, but it is so free that you can't even see it. 

?   If will is controlled by an ego, it isn't free ;)

Relax, it's just my loosely held opinion.  :) 

On 20/11/2020 at 11:07 AM, VeganAwake said:

Who wants to awaken?

The Universe experiences awe upon acknowledging itself... over and over.

unborn Truth

5 hours ago, Breakingthewall said:

what he cannot see is that awakening is precisely his death, which is why it is almost impossible for him to achieve it.

What can happen is that 'people' on the 'path' do not want to progress beyond a certain point. After all, the early stages of spirituality actually enhance the ego. It brings a more advanced sense of self, association with the masters like the Buddha, esoteric-sounding scriptures... maybe even a big hat.

56 minutes ago, ajasatya said:

The Universe experiences awe upon acknowledging itself... over and over.

❤ that's awesome and what's being experienced there.

The word experiences implies there's an experiencer.

The experiencer is the dream character in the dream story.

The universe doesn't necessarily experience anything.... it just IS (because the experiencer is unreal).

Have you ever seen a lion or hippopotamus have an aha moment?

For whatever reason at this point in evolution, the mind of the human being is capable of creating an illusory identity unto itself. This self-centered experience places an overlay over top of apparent reality and operates from this separate 'self' perspective(The Mind Matrix) ('me' here and everything else out there).

When actual Awakening occurs (and not just a mystical experience on psychedelics or meditation) this entire self-centered experience of reality collapses and is simultaneously recognized as having never been.... it was Maya illusion of the self.

See after actual Awakening there isn't an individual left to buy back into the identification game of the mind as being now the higher self, higher consciousness or God and things like that....

what remains is what was always the case... the unknowable pure emptiness or void.

It's Liberation Freedom Paradise The Kingdom of Heaven Samadhi...

It's Enlightenment but for No One!!

@VeganAwake Yes :) Experience is creation. It is imagination. It is intentional, misdirected attention. It loves doing it, always and infinitely.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.