Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Someone here

It's all a cosmic joke - Robert adams

10 posts in this topic

Full script of a satsang by Robert adams. Funny and liberating. Enjoy! 

"There is no certain purpose for you being alive. Think about it. There is no special or real purpose for your being alive. Why are you here anyways?. What did man do on this earth? What did mankind achieve even with all it's sages and saints? Civilizations are coming and going. And where are we now? We think we are important. Who do we think we are?. We get born. We experience a lot of stuff. We work. We gather a lot of money.. Maybe. And then we get old and die. So what is the real purpose of all this? There is no one. We are nothing. You have no reason to exist. As a matter of fact.. You don't exist. You never really existed. It's all a cosmic joke. There isn't a real aim behind you being alive and being here. This may sound like an insult.. It is!. But it is the truth. And the truth hurts. 

it is the truth and the truth hurts.
You may think you are important.. that you have come to earth
to accomplish great deed..or to get enlightened. That is not true.
The enlightenment is already here and it doesn’t need you.
You are not wanted by anything or by anybody. 
You are a complete failure. 
In truth you do not exist.
The illusion of your existence makes you think that
you are important.. that you are somebody.
That is why we talk about being nobody so much.. there is no body.
Yet, no matter how often I say this.. you appear to be real.
You appear to have a body. You appear to go to work.
You appear to eat and sleep.. and
believe the illusion is going to continue.
But as you know, soon you will be six feet under.
So what good are you? This is why it is important to wake up.
Yet, you are never asleep! So who wakes up?
Therefore, nothing is important.
You think some things are important.
So long as you think them important.. you give them power,
increasing the power of living in things... 
making you feel more and more–so called–alive.
The beginning of wisdom is understanding that there is no wisdom.
There is no body to have wisdom.
The more you try to analyze things.. 
the more you use your brain to function on this plane of existence.. 
the more you put into Maya, into nothing.. into illusion.. 
the more that effort is inevitably doomed to failure.
All your dreams and aspirations come to nothing.
There is nothing you have to become or be.
Think of all the people looking for liberation.. for enlightenment.
Who wants to be liberated? The ego.
There is no ego. (Laughter)
There is no one to be liberated.
Yet you continue to believe you exist.
Awakening is a joke. Liberation is a joke.
My sitting here talking to you is a joke.
There is nothing to be found, nothing to be achieved,
nothing to become.
You are attached to your mind and its false beliefs.

So why are you here? You want a teaching. You want a lesson. You want a mantra. You’re
looking for a way out. All this keeps you back. Your searching.. your seeking keeps you back. It
doesn’t make you fulfilled. It doesn’t do anything for you. Awakening is a joke. Liberation is a
joke. My sitting here talking to you is a joke, for you think you have to find something, you think
you have to achieve something, you thing you have to become something. This is what the scrip-
tures mean by attachment. You’re attached to your mind, and its false beliefs. The so-called mind
tells you that something is this way and something is that way, this is good and this is bad, this is
right and this is wrong, and you react to it, bringing more problems into your so called existence.
But, wouldn't it be beautiful if you could just awaken one morning and realize you don’t exist,
that you never existed, and no one exists, there’s no existence whatsoever? Then where would
you be? Who knows? But as long as you believe that you exist, you’re going to stick up for your
rights, you’re going to fight for survival, you’re going to seek wisdom. It is all very funny to me.
Even when I tell you to wake up, there’s really no one to wake up, for no one’s ever gone to
sleep. To wake up you have to be asleep. Who sleeps? You may say, "The body, the mind sleeps,
“ but there is no body, there is no mind. There never was. All the teachings you’ve been through
are a waste of time, the struggling, running all over the world looking for masters and teachers,
reading all these scriptures in detail, to what avail? Why do you think you need these things?
All you really have to do is understand what I am talking about. Ponder what I say. And then
forget it. Do not hold on to thoughts, to words, to messages.
The reason the bird sings beautifully, and exists so beautifully, is because it doesn't know it’s
a bird. It doesn’t know it’s anything. It has no idea what it is. We give it a name, “bird.” We
could have given it the name “cow.” We call a bird a bird and we call a cow a cow. We give
names to all these things, but these things just are. They aren’t here, they aren’t there. They
aren’t good,they aren’t bad. They just are. And the same with you. You are not this and you are
not that.. you just are. There is nothing you have to do, absolutely nothing you have to do.
Think of all the years you’ve spent studying. Where’s it all going to lead? What will become
of it? You may have altruistic attitudes.. believe that you’re doing good for the world, for the future of the world. but this world has no future. It never did, it never will. As I mentioned in the
beginning, we have had millions of civilizations on this earth, they’ve come and they’ve gone.
Civilization has surpassed where we are now. It’s all gone.
What I’m trying to say is you can’t do any good for anybody. Everything is right just the way
it is. Nothing in this world needs improvement. The improvement idea comes in to your own
mind. You believe you are a person, you believe you think, then the ideas come to you, what you
can do to improve the world, and you try, and you try, and you try, to no avail.
You must know yourself as no thing. Do not look at yourself as something.
Always bear in mind, there is absolutely nothing you have to do. This is how you become
happy, peaceful, joyous, for when there is nothing in the mind, happiness itself becomes preva-
lent.
Awaken from this mortal dream. When I say this ask yourself, “Who has to awaken? Who is
there who has to awaken?” The way to make progress… there isn’t any progress to be made.
This will contradict everything I’ve said.
Again, when I say, “Wake up,” ask yourself, “Who is there to wake up?” When I say “Drop
everything, inquire, “Who’s to drop everything?” In other words, what you’re doing is you’re
saying there’s never was anybody or anything that has to wake up or to drop. Nothing like that
exists. There’s no one who exists like that.
Can you see now why there is nothing to say, really? Can you see all the words are redundant,
superfluous? We can play all sorts of games if we want to, do all sorts of mantras, Tantric tech-
niques. We can do all of these things, but for what, to what avail?
You just have to know that you are nobody, there’s absolutely nothing to do, and no one ex-
ists. This relieves you of everything, doesn’t it? It relieves you of all responsibility to yourself
and to the world.
Again, what I’m telling you will not turn you into a vegetable, where you just sit on a log and
contemplate your navel. If you're listening to me correctly, you will do whatever you're doing
now but you'll be happier than you've ever been in your life, because you'll realize that it doesn't
matter. You'll know there's nobody really doing anything. You will be doing the work that you
usually do, if you want to do that. You will appear to be living a human existence, but you will
know there's nobody left to do anything. The doer is gone. There’s no doer. The doer has been
completely wiped out.
Some of you still believe that if you become this way you'll become so sarcastic and belliger-
ent, you will not care, you will not be loving and kind, but this is not true. On the contrary, as
you drop everything, as you let go of all your preconceived ideas, your dogmas, as you forget all of your rituals and all the things you've been doing all your life, what we call love begins to
function as you. What we call compassion begins to function as you. Loving kindness, peace,
these attributes will automatically take over, for you have lost all fear.
When you have lost all fear for existence, love automatically takes over. But as long as you
fear existence and you think something's wrong somewhere, then the mind blows up all kinds of
pictures, and you have to go out and defend yourself and do things, for your own self-
aggrandizement.
Never put goat’s milk in a wooden pot."

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

Yes it is. We take life seriously only because of the need to survive xD:P

This sounds like a certain vmeme. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

3 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

This sounds like a certain vmeme. 

Sounds like a person who read a lot of nisgardstta Maharaj and like that

2 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said: