Beginner Mind

The Key to Being Aware of Being Aware

16 posts in this topic

Sup people?  I'd like to share the key to being aware of being aware, for those of you who may be struggling with this pointer.  I struggled with it for nine whole months, practicing in futility every day for hours, until finally a fellow seeker came along and pointed me in the right direction.

It's actually ridiculously simple.  Here is the key: Notice the fact that you are experiencing anything at all.

That's it.  Simply notice that you are experiencing anything at all, and rest in that experience.  After a certain period of time has passed, you will begin to experience the peace of your true nature. :)

If anyone has any follow-up questions, I'll be happy to help if I can.

Peace, and much love to you all.

Thanks for this :)

Let thy speech be better then silence, or be silent.

- Pseudo-dionysius 

@Adamq8 My pleasure. :)

@Shunyata I still feel fully embodied.  And no I cannot perform any siddhis, nor do I desire to.

Edited by Beginner Mind

I should also mention: in this practice it's extremely helpful to relax the focus of your attention.  Allow your attention to sink inwards; when you do so, it becomes very easy to notice that you are experiencing anything at all.

Your meditations work really well for me. They're simple and work instantly. Thanks.

Edited by Osaid

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, 'This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful.' The moment you see it, the head stops running thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts running. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho

1 hour ago, Beginner Mind said:

I should also mention: in this practice it's extremely helpful to relax the focus of your attention.  Allow your attention to sink inwards; when you do so, it becomes very easy to notice that you are experiencing anything at all.

After a while it becomes even impossible to not be aware that you are aware.

I remember I was trying to be as mindlessly busy as possible for months, and I still couldn't be "unconscious" again lol

@Adamq8 Aren't you supposed to be woke ? :ph34r:

Edited by Shin

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

@Shin Would not consider myself awoke, but had multiple awakenings into my true nature and what awareness is :)

But always great to learn or study things until a point when it is not necessary anymore.

I do have a non dual awareness much more then I have an ego but it is not permanent as of yet.

So im going through a bit of a dark night of the soul, I know im not real but at times im totally real lol..

Not there yet, even tho I recognize that there is no path cause awareness is always awareness 

Edited by Adamq8

Let thy speech be better then silence, or be silent.

- Pseudo-dionysius 

@Shin I know what you mean, though I find it's much easier to be aware of being aware when sitting in meditation, easier to go more deeply into the peace.

Edited by Beginner Mind

5 hours ago, Beginner Mind said:

Here is the key: Notice the fact that you are experiencing anything at all.

Would you mind to put it in other words? :) 

@wesyasz Firstly, relax your body and relax your attention.  This is an important step and I should've included it in my opening post.

It might be helpful for you to realize that you are having a visual experience right now.  You are staring at a computer screen.  Now, rather than just being aware of the computer screen, notice instead that you are having a visual experience at all.  Become aware of the totality of your visual experience.  This is noticing that you are experiencing anything at all (being aware of being aware).

I hope that helps.  If not, let me know and I'll try to think of different phrasing.

Edited by Beginner Mind

18 minutes ago, wesyasz said:

Be aware of being aware.

Edited by Shin

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

4 hours ago, wesyasz said:

Notice there is no thing to observe. There's just what seems to be happening.

Edited by The0Self